Beasley Defends SM3

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Sin Skywalker, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Sin Skywalker

Sin Skywalker #184 Gladiator.

test
  2. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I really wish Beasley was the face/voice of URL and not SMACK.
    test
  3. J.V.L.

J.V.L. Member

I just stopped by to say hi. I've spent my whole day on the other forums. Sorry they jacked all of your users. Beasley is the man.
    test
  4. FeedMeMore

FeedMeMore Moderator

Beasley explains himself better but Smacks name is what gives URL it's strength and foundation.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

?

The only thing SMACK should be doing is hosting events, which he's borderline incapable of doing as well. People don't go to URL for SMACK they go to URL for URL.
    test
  6. ForestSilence

ForestSilence Well-Known Member

So you're saying it'd be cool for them to just cut Smack out? like thanks for being the sole reason we exist, bye. I think he should be mostly just hosting as well, but you're underplaying him a lot. And even if he is 0% relevant or important to URL now (I think that's an exaggaration so I disagree) how you going to just cut out someone from their own creation.
    test
  7. Sin Skywalker

Didn't Smack originally put up alot of the money to make shit pop off. He won the lottery or some shit like that? (or something?)
    test
  8. ForestSilence

• +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  9. Sin Skywalker

Does that article say anything about Smack / URL or how are they linked? I just skimmed, tbh. It's late as fuck. Where did the lottery rumor come from?
    test
  10. ForestSilence

The guy the article is about goes by the rap name Swagg. He would tell his friends and whatnot that he had scratched a winning lotto ticket to explain how he had so much cash. The article doesn't mention Smack / URL, but Swagg used to put up big amounts of money out of pocket because he was a fan of the battles. He was a drug dealer and also robbed Wells Fargo. At the time before his arrest, people in the battle community believed the funds came from a winning lotto stub story. In fact, I think in Hollow vs Big T when Hollow is on his "You would need..." scheme he includes "and Swagg's winning lotto stub."

My reason for feeling the way I do, is because SMACK is the absolute, unitary/singular face of URL, he has a massive history and with a ton of artists, he brought a ton of the biggest names in, URL came from Smack DVD, etc. Hell he had a pre-famous Kanye West on a Smack tape.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test