Be Careful Taking Women on Dates to the Shooting Range.

Discussion in 'Man Enough' started by GaLaTeA, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

:funny: :cry: :dead: :funny:

Also weaponry >>
    test
  2. MissAndrya

MissAndrya Evolution is what is.

I gave a look of 'what's up your sleeve?' With a raised eyebrow when hubby asked if I wanted to go to the sooting range this past summer.

Turns out I'm a pretty good shot.

He's more worried than I am now ,lol
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

shooting range date?

is this common or something lol

sounds fun though, i love shooting shit and blowing stuff up.
    test
  4. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

u r a bit of a tomboy

>>
    test
  5. MissAndrya

I'm more tomboy than most realize. I like physical work, love to get dirty. I grew up climbing trees, catching snakes, building forts and I was a pitcher for a ladies fastball team. I love going to live hoops games and enjoy canoeing and hiking etc. I skip rocks, throw horseshoes, play pool....well, not your average girl.

While I have my moments where I like to get papmered and dress up, I'm def no princess.
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I love shooting guns, i wish i had lots of them.

yeah in canada its actually real easy to get a license but the gun laws themselves are what is weak. As a canadian gun owner, your gun has to be stored in a locked case, ammo has to be locked in a seperate case, and you cant have the keys in the same location basically. So if you ever actually needed to use it for self defense theres not many scenarios where youd have time to piece that all together.

yeah i know theres ways to operate on the limits of legality so you can make as easy as possible TO piece that all together, but the point is its a pain in the ass.

I owned a gun by the time i was 8, it was a .22 and me and my friends would shoot gophers and rabbits and you could sell their skins in town for change. Shit our parents used to let us take the farm truck and drive around in the fields all carrying guns and we were only 10-12yrs old. No adults, just kids in a truck shootin gophers and rabbits. That was good fucking times.

id rather target shoot these days though.
    test
  7. MissAndrya

They are slowly making improvements to the gun laws here in Canada, but not fast enough. A little birdie told me that secretly the are trying to implement the Castle Doctrine here as well. The Americans have had it forever, but it's about damn time we had it here too.

With laws the way they are, as you mentioned, how is one supposed to protect what's theirs (family included) if they take away all ability and ease to do so? Basically, if we catch someone breaking into our home, we are supposed to go to the furthest corner from them and cower under current laws. How ridiculous is that? With the Castle Doctrine, we will be allowed to act on the premise that they are breaking in with the intent to steal or harm, and justly blow them right back out.

This needs to happen.
    test
  8. MaestroC

MaestroC New Member

You must be out of your mind if you want the US gun laws in Canada or to use a "gun to protect your family", don't you think it makes it way easier for the other part to get a gun too? don't you think they'll be more likely to shoot if they suspect the person has a gun?

Murders with firearms statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Crime
    Crime statistic, murders with firearms
    # 1 South Africa: 31,918
    # 2 Colombia: 21,898
    # 3 Thailand: 20,032
    # 4 United States: 9,369
    # 5 Philippines: 7,708
    # 6 Mexico: 2,606
    # 7 Slovakia: 2,356
    # 8 El Salvador: 1,441
    # 9 Zimbabwe: 598
    # 10 Peru: 442
    # 11 Germany: 269
    # 12 Czech Republic: 181
    # 13 Ukraine: 173
    # 14 Canada: 144

It does not need to happen and hopefully the politicians have some sense to not allow any steps to make it easier for people to get a gun/license. If someone is breaking into your house and about to steal some shit, then its far better to let them get away with it then putting a bullet to their head for some materialistic shit that you can replace. Go to the shooting range or try hunting with rifle if you so want to use it.
    test
  9. MissAndrya

I think it's more ridiculous that we can't 'protect our families'.
    test
  10. MaestroC

MaestroC New Member

Protect your families from what, burglars who just want to steal some shit? How often does it happen? Get a baseball bat, good alarm system or other weapon you can use that isn't a gun. By cutting off the restraints on the gun laws it becomes easier for the criminals to get their hands on that shit too.

The only times I've held a gun has been at a shooting range and I've had mighty fun with it, espescially in Pnomh Penh, Cambodja, Phnom Penh, Cambodia: Shooting Range Price List « This Boundless World but I'd really not like to see it in every persons home.
    test
  11. MissAndrya

Firstly, there are more guns owned by criminals than there are the average citizen. Secondly, the black market makes it easy for anyone to purchase a firearm illegally.

If someone is breaking into my home, they are most likely looking to steal something, but am I supposed to just let them?? Stand back and wait until they are finished?

I don't think so. Sure, I can use a bat or maybe a knife, but that requires me having to get too close to the perp and losing not only the upper hand, but the element of surprise. Not only that, it's less of a threat.

Often times, when someone is breaking in, they are armed themselves...which would leave me at a disadvantage, don't you think, if I caught them off guard or tried to defend myself?

Also, what if they were breaking in with the intent to rape me?

There is no scenario, imo, where I would be able to protect myself with anything less than a gun. Sure, I could have a security system installed, but today's theives etc. even have those beat.

Hell no, I want the right to protect what is mine.
    test
  12. MaestroC

MaestroC New Member

#1) Yes, there are more guns with criminals than with citizen and the police, useless as they are, don't do enough about that but the gun laws also help restrict the guns in circulation. A more open gun law = more guns with criminals and citizen.

#2) Killing someone for stealing something is a bit too much imo - I'd beat someone bloody for it but I'd never kill someone for it, dunno about you. If you're so worried about someone breaking into your house there are other safe measurements, good alarm, good windows, decent insurance etc - that are way more effective then what you're suggesting.

#3) Google "accidentally shot and killed" and see how many hits you get. There are so many people killed by accident or things the like and while you might be more responsible than they are, the less restrictive gun law will end up giving irresponsible people firearms and that is never a good thing.

I think your logic in itself is a bit flawed but to each their own.
    test
  13. MissAndrya

Since when does owning a gun and having the right to protect yourself mean you're going to kill someone?

While, sadly, accidents happen, that is not my intent, nor what I was implying when I said it. I simply want the ability to say 'get out' and be taken seriously. There is no fear involved for a burglar if I cower or have a lame weapon. They also know they have a little time before authorities arrive after the alarm is triggered.
    test
  14. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

"Bare breasts, thongs and a megalight aren't a good way to combat a burglar. Or are they?" was my last year's morning laugh after an annoying, sleepless night. My house got broken into. Got stuck at work late, and when I went to grab a 2 a.m. bite to eat, I pulled the phone off my belt and saw that home alarm called along with a few missed calls from my neighbor. Finished eating, called back and got asked if it'd be possible that my alarm got triggered during the night by itself. I replied that it was probably just a moth again, although still had a bad feeling so I immediately turned the car homeward.

Neighbor was waiting for me in my workshop, dressed in a bathrobe. With the largest "megalight" flashlight, which she had held with both hands, she was aiming on the two professionally broken into locks. "This, was done by a moth you say?" ~ I didn't bother with it if it's really just a misunderstanding about the type of role that a moth should have played, or if she was simply kidding me, which would be; knowing she was clearly more shocked than me; especially commendable. For the sake of documentation alone, I called the police, who made a record of the event and looked for fingerprints.

I've always believed that paranoia encourages realization of specific fears. Therefore, trying in all areas to easily dissociate from those. Fears, that is.

What lead someone to break into my house, I don't know. It's not like I keep any valuables. Things that I have at home, mean something to me. You know, each has its own story, its own memory, each offering its own nostalgia. Foreign nostalgia is damn hard to sell. Well, some can even manage that, perhaps another time about that..

Anyhoo, taking into consideration that I'm a huge technophile as well as an incurable "control freak" I was probably amongst the first to buy a series of a "new generation" of cameras that were very sensitive at night, and this event has encouraged me that I then installed new ones all day long, replacing the old.

Naturally, all security systems are just to feel that we've done something in the right direction, in the direction of our safety. It's clearly a false feeling, whether it be for alarms, video surveillance systems, security guards, weapons or starving dogs.

The only thing that makes actual feeling of security, is our appropriate attitude towards our surroundings. The development of our first national sport, called jealousy, we can't control, yet this affects only a very small percentage of crime. Higher percentage of burglaries reach because of lucrative desires and lately increasingly frequent burglaries because of drugs, but the most serious crimes are mostly still occurring as a result of an unacceptable attitude towards "victims" of the environment. Blackmail, rudeness, fraud, debts and debts again.

*shrugs*, we're living in an increasingly strange times where we're not only getting the good from the developed world, since they're always in a package with zee bad. Still, it's a damn annoying feeling when you know that a stranger was walking around the house while you weren't there.

And as for my now former neighbor, I sincerely hope that the next time she hears the alarm, she'll first call her husband or tenant, in short..a guy, rather than topless, in a thong and holding a "megalight" going around haunting in her neighbor's house. If she'd encounter the burglar eye to eye, it could result in the burglar dying. Of laughter.
    test
  15. MissAndrya

This.

For everyone, that feeling of security is met by something different. My point was clearly stating that having the right TO protect myself however I see fit is much better than the current 'cowering' option. That's not to say I would go after said burglar, because I certainly wouldn't, but if confronted or cornered or threatened....I would have some 'authority' over what happens.

Precisely. Crime is on the rise, not the decline, therefore the chances of it happening to 'me' increase. I'd rather feel prepared than not.
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i just want to have lots of guns that arent a pain in the ass to get at because theres two things i hate in this world, not having guns and pains in the ass
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.