Battlers who expect to be paid by leagues...

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Laxin, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Haze305

Haze305 Flite Team Movement

Arsonal is the only one who truly is worth money. This dude brings a lot of views and despite his [sometimes] lame lines his performance is top notch.
    test
  2. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

The battlers are backing these leagues in a corner is what it is.
    test
  3. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

i understand the concept of investing/spending/losing money to make money but after 3 years if yor still in debt and not caking youre obviously not doing something right
    test
  4. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Arsonal may have a few million views but that is not making the company back their money they have paid him. Youtube is free entertainment with a welfare cheque.
    test
  5. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

how? what leagues are you talking about?
    test
  6. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Smh..........

Dude....

Alright, Let me explain, because this isnt the small grassroots movement that it was three years ago.

LEAGUES ARE SPENDING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS WITH NO PAYBACK ON THERE INVESTMENTS. IF THE LEAGUES DONT MAKE MONEY BACK, THEY WILL GO BANKRUPT AND THE MOVEMENT WILL DIE. BATTLE RAPPERS ASKING FOR MONEY FROM A LEAGUE THAT MAKES NONE ARE KILLING THE LEAGUE. THE LEAGUES DONT SELL ANYTHING, THEY GET NO SPONSORS, THEY DONT MAKE MONEY FROM THE DOOR, THEY DONT MAKE MONEY OFF YOUTUBE.

Thats the reality, Its three years and still no money has been made and you have to make money to keep this "Movement" going. The love of hiphop is awesome until the bills come in.

KAP IS COKE.
    test
  7. IKNOWALL

you serious you know how many people showed up to arsenal vs hitman holla at $30 just to see that battle?

arsenal vs okwerdz do you KNOW how many people never heard of gt before then?

Business is not just about the youtube views.
    test
  8. drewthetruth

paying for ars was a long term investment tbh imo
    test
  9. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

so if the 3 big north american companies tell a battler they won't pay $X, what will happen?

he will lower his price, because he is, as you said, replaceable. or he will find some other way to promote his shit

it's the leagues wanting to make bigger and better matches that have inflated the expectations of some battlers

i might be reading this wrong, are you saying that every league comes entirely out of pocket for all of their expenses?? or do you mean they just aren't making ENOUGH money from attendance, youtube and sponsorships
    test
  10. IKNOWALL

thisssssssss
    test
  11. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

All of them! I don't know what leagues are making but I do know battlers are asking way to much for something that does not make money. I know how much it costs to hold events as well. All the gas and promotion and everything else these promoters do is crazy and people do not take that into account.
    test
  12. Judgekure

These events are almost entirely out of pocket. Thats the reality. Im pretty sure Lush is still in debt from MOB and Kap is in debt from Grizzle2. Nobody is caking off this shit.

The 600 people that went to Grizzle at 20 at the door, that money went to the venue.
    The views made from Grizzle probably made GTN 200 dollars (Guess where that money went)
    The Sponsors that they DO get arent covering the overhead from the rest of the expenses and sure as hell arent stopping the on going bleeding.

Even having Eminem battle in grindtime isnt worth a Million Dollars if you arent capitalizing on that. Grindtime HAS the market and they DONT capitalize on it. They have no product.

Kap is coke.
    test
  13. SoInsane

SoInsane New Member

Really tho this is what should actually be happening:

GT/KOTD/URL holds the venue, channel, views, and travel expenses. BUT if these bum ass rappers think they are so good, they should haveto put up their own money..actually 'put your money where your mouth is' type shit. Whoever handles most of the betting at these events should organize it so that 20 percent or something goes to the battlers who are battling. Something like that, a way to actually get fans to put out money for this shit.

Maybe also do a "battle of the night" thing so your paying those who really give the best performance. The problem is these people think they should be payed but they dont expect to win...if your not gonna win why should you get paid? Unless its on some battle of the night shit where both of em killed it but someone had to lose. Getting paid before-hand is kinda a joke..

The problem lies in the fact there are battlers that dont really care to battle that much, but yet the fans wanna see them the most. Leagues are def pressured to try and get these people back in the ring for the fans sake, because high caliber battle is a very good way to bring in new fans.
    test
  14. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

what the fuck, all of it??? that's a sucker deal

even shitty-ass cover bands take a cut of the door money when they play a club. gt is packing a venue with people who came specifically to see their battles, and they don't get anything from the door??
    test
  15. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Then whats business about? How are they making money? It's not the events. The events pay for the flights. $20 bucks at the door and if you get 300 people... that's 6 grand and don't forget some people get in free. A normal flight is $500-$1000+ bucks. Then $100 a night for a hotel. Making flyers is a few hundred. Paying someone to edit the videos is like $500-$1000+ an event for good quality. Putting gas in the car to pick people up at the air port and drive them around. There are more costs I'm missing out but these are examples.
    test
  16. drewthetruth

ganik should designate a bookie and have main events judged and take money from that as well
    test
  17. Judgekure

Im sure not 100% of it went to the venue but whatever profit isnt covering the -$20,000 that Kap spent. Whatever money they made at the door isnt even covering Eurghs plane ticket.
    test
  18. Bino Tha Kid

Bino Tha Kid New Member

y so srs

remember when everyone said URL would die after swag stopped fundin it n that thered b no more big battles?
    test
  19. _Organik_

_Organik_ Deaf Villian This Guy's

id chum in on this but i dont even know where to start

these arnt concerts, the leagues are in more competition then the rappers are.. we spend more and more and more each event to keep up or stay ahead..

u wanna get paid? and have a shitty quality video online for life? ok then, youll spend that money in a week and be left with a shitty video... i aint fuckin with that

wanna have a great quality video for life in an amaziong atmosphere with hundreds of new fans in person and thousands of new fans online then holler at us

if you cant utilize the exposure from the THOUSANDS of views to make money for your career then thats on you..

these arnt concerts.. there isnt only 4 people on the bill... there is 24... and we have a fuckload of work to put in AFTER the event that concerts dont even have to worry about

not to mention we have to put up with online faggots who bitch and complain and jack off on there dog while watching the videos who have nothing positive to say

ill say this

i put in 5 hours a DAY MINIMUM 365 a year.. NO DAYS OFF ..on KOTD... so if im not gettin paid... either is the person who put in 25 hours total into writing a couple verses

in a perfect world.. id pay you all... straight up

unfortunately.. i can barely afford to live.. let alone have fun
    test
  20. drewthetruth

i dont have a dog so...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.