Battlers who expect to be paid by leagues...

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Laxin, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Not really cause it's based off a number of things.
    test
  2. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Stop trollin
    test
  3. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

you dont kno the definition of trolling

its was my opinion

what do you think 55mil is worth iyo?
    test
  4. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Jonny Storm... How much do you think your worth?
    test
  5. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

55 million really must be worth at least that, though grindtime wasn't yet a partner when some of those views happened obviously
    test
  6. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

It's based off a number of things drew. Subscribers... views... what ads are on the videos.
    test
  7. Dougay43

Dougay43 Member

The only reason Pat vs. Ars is going up so fast on YouTube is because of WorldStar, I unno why but they just have the youtube version on their site so every view on world star is a view on Youtube
    test
  8. ddoc619

ddoc619 New Member

the gt channel gets a million views a month. thats what the top asian yt celebs get and they live off that shit, and live real nice. so basically drect, mad illz, and lush or at least the first 2 get a good sum of cash. whats so bad about paying a muthafucka. i dont think they should get paid as much, but giving each battle rapper 50$ isnt anything to frown about. i mean t-rex got between 5-7 stacks. so it is possible. and know battle rappers arent replaceable. ima watch a jonny storm battle a couple of times, im not watching hindurock at all. and theres 1,000s of consumers who feel the same way i do.. plus arsoanl steadily get gt a shitload of views. a guy getting ran over by a car will become viral fast and then stop. then ppl wanna watch a different viral cuz that 1 is old. a rap battle takes awhile to get old or never does. ive watched the old smack battles over 50 times in my lifetime. those videos get taken down a couple of times and still get a million views after they get put up. so yes battle rappers are worth it
    test
  9. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

On another note... the CEO's make that money. You think they are giving these divisions money lol.
    test
  10. drewthetruth

ceos are def not giving anyone money

ok ill add in the miniscule companies that sponsor and the 48k subscribers

no more than 60k
    test
  11. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Lets ask this... so why has no multi millionaire dropped money into a league? hmmmm cause it's a bad business move that makes no money!
    test
  12. drewthetruth

exactly, and the fact mahfuckas tryna make a living off this shit is dumb

with exceptions to pete and ganik and few others who have some music shit goin

the greed is killing the game hardbody

swag
    test
  13. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

I don't even think the average amount of views a battler gets on his battles should determine whether or not he gets paid a certain amount to go somewhere and battle. Some of these dudes ain't even that good and they're looked at like the hottest shit out.

I can't imagine what a battle like Iron Solomen vs. E Ness cost. Those 2 dudes aren't regulars on the battle scene and they're looked at as respected veterans who were coming out of semi-retirement to battle. You probably could have booked 2-3+ good battles with the money from that battle alone. But then again, I could be way off.
    test
  14. TrUbZzZ

TrUbZzZ I Know JewJitsu

when signing a partnership youtube will still count the views you got before hand, especially when the video still gets tons of views

the average partnership is like 1 dollar per 1000 views

plus a couple cents per comment and not including what they make from the ad shit
    test
  15. BossMayne

BossMayne Based Member

laxin, what do you feel people like con and arsonal should be paid per battle?

IMO its the people that are paying the battlers fault, if people dishin out 8k for someone to write 3 rounds, then why not take advantage of that? not the battlers fault that someone is willing to spend that money

however this has opened the gate for future battle rappers to start demanding for money, and now everyone wants to get paid and no one wants to battle for the love of it since they see everyone getting money. people should get paid, but it should be based on how much money they are making the company.
    test
  16. TrUbZzZ

TrUbZzZ I Know JewJitsu

cuz multi millionaires are only worried about tax write offs? and even bothering with a battle league based on youtube is ridiculous anyways

Only time your gonna see multi millionaires get involved is if it becomes Cable TV Type shit
    test
  17. drewthetruth

dudes just need to realize that battling is probably the best way to promote their music career, but most of the battlers cant make music worth buying, they also need to realize 2 presidents are already in debt trying to do this shit so there is not a lot of money to be handed out
    test
  18. drewthetruth

they tried to do it on cable tv a few times already, look how far that went...

the only reason freestyle fridays is still around is because its just a segment of an already existing program
    test
  19. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

You're right. At Grizzle if that battle never happened... you would of still gotten the same turn out and saved the money.
    test
  20. TrUbZzZ

TrUbZzZ I Know JewJitsu

Which is exactly my point

Can't blame the battlers for accepting what the league owners want to offer

and you can only blame the owners for setting up in a way where everybody feels they deserve to get paid

Battling will never make a great amount of money for the owners anyways, whether or not its just paying for the flight + hotel or if you aren't paying for anything at all

you might stack a lil change over time but in reality you won't be making much
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.