Battlers who expect to be paid by leagues...

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Laxin, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBrumak

TheBrumak whamp

I'm not sure of how things work in the actual big leagues, but in the Draft I was offered to get into March Madness 2 free and I was happy enough with saving that $20. When I start getting more known in the battle rap community I can't see myself asking for anything more than travel fees.
    test
  2. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Normally... $500-$1000+
    test
  3. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

no i mean how much $$ will 100k views bring in
    test
  4. DPrince408

DPrince408 D. Prince

real shit! In general, rappers are divas. I've asked some rappers if they'd be interested in being apart of a compilation album, where the proceeds go straight to red cross, they asked to be paid. I don't have any respect for people like that.
    test
  5. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

If you can make a league money then you should get money... if your not then you should not ask. There is nothing wrong with asking for travel costs.
    test
  6. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

It's far from what people think. I don't even think that gets you 20 bucks.
    test
  7. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

redbull paid me to freestyle and get drunk tbh

id do it again in a heartbeat
    test
  8. drewthetruth

the more subscribers your channel has the more money you make off views

andy milanakis said he had a video with 3mil views and was paid around 2k
    test
  9. TheBrumak

TheBrumak whamp

They paid you to tell you it looks like you're giving the mic head when you're rappin.
    test
  10. SoInsane

SoInsane New Member

You seem to be some sort of youtube expert, please, try to share and explain to us us how much money has been generated from views, lets use GT as an example, 55 million views, how much money has been generated from that? clearly none of us know, so maybe you can provide some insight.

I do understand what your saying. BUT this is where shit changes to me. When a rapper has put in a lot of work in the battle scene and is the main card, he should be compensated. If you look at it this way: if you took him off the main card, how many less tickets will you sell to the battle? how many less views will you generate from the event? how many potential fans will you miss out on? These "top tier" "diva" type guys are the reason why this thing was able to get off its feet, and the reason it continues to grow. You must be drunk saying these guys are replaceable, look at how many hundreds of battle rappers there are out there that nobody gives 2 fucks about...Can you think about how many potential fans iron solomon has brought to the hip hop scene? to the venue when he came back to battle? There is def a bigger picture to look at for some of these guys. On the other hand though, there is prob only 20-30 battle rappers who deserve to get paid for their battles. You should have to put in work and build up your name before you get paid for thsi shit. People like diz should be getting paid at this point. Fresco doesnt even get paid...some of these guys should be getting compensated for the fan base they bring to the table, point blank period. 95% of the battle rappers tho, no. They shouldnt be paid for doing something that can help gain them fans towards their careers.
    test
  11. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

Haha, I feel where you're coming from, and I lightweight agree to an extent. But be honest, you were trolling these battle rappers a bit now, weren't you?

I don't remember who brought this up first, but paying mcs a dividend from the revenue generated by their views sounds like a good idea, imo. It provides an incentive to put on better performances, it could potentially pay out for a long time, similar to royalties. But, Idk.
    test
  12. drewthetruth

they told me to entertain

when ezac bodies you dont come crying to me

jep is still winning
    test
  13. TheBrumak

TheBrumak whamp

lmao. Love You Drew.
    Jep is crying in his attic spittin frees with his brother.
    Ezac is done for and everyone seems to know that except him.
    test
  14. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

ok, 55 million views from 1000+ battles. < lets get that straight. How much they make off that, I have no clue. Also, Has battling really gotten off the ground? Are these leagues making millions of dollars? Naw. Are they making 6 figures? Naw. Do these prez's have day time jobs? They sure do.

With me saying battle rappers are replaceable... I believe that. Battles have turned into acting but without someone else writing the script. You have to remember your lines and work on delivery. You have to show up and perform. You can get anyone to do that. The way this thread is going it looks like people should get paid cause of their name and face. I'm saying they should be paid if they bring something to the table. In business... your not going to pay someone that can not make you money.
    test
  15. drewthetruth

wooooooooooooooooo brumak vs ezac cant wait match up of the year imo
    test
  16. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Am I trolling? That depends. I'm trying to explain why "I THINK" they should NOT be paid if they can not bring in money. Is that out of line?
    test
  17. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

So many people in this thread are so off base its legitimately retarded...The argument "They put in work so they should get paid" is a tired one. What good is a fanbase if those fans dont throw money into the pot? Brittney Spears has a fanbase too but they shell out 15 dollars a piece for a CD or digital download.

Views = Nothing.
    test
  18. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

none of us do and it's a pointless argument for that reason
    test
  19. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

You get it right? If you can bring in a million dollars then ask for a million dollars. If you bring in $100 bucks then why ask for a $1000. I don't get why this is hard to understand.
    test
  20. drewthetruth

55mil views prolly worth 20-25k imo
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.