Battlers who expect to be paid by leagues...

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Laxin, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xkwizit

Xkwizit Member

I disagree completely. If ur a lower or mid tier battler, you should be happy they are flying u to the event and puttin u up in a hotel for AMAZING and FREE promotion. As a battler, you are getting much more out of it than the league is.
    test
  2. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

why is it time for battlers to wake up? Its time for the leagues to wake up. How do you not get that?
    test
  3. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

Jonny storm is bodying this thread right now. I'm hella weak.:funny:
    test
  4. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Naw... leagues cater to the fans of battling. If they are paying money for shit that's not worth watching then shame on them as well.
    test
  5. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Really? hahaha
    test
  6. IKNOWALL

Wait so you get it the leagues fault? It never hurts to ask for shit. Then its up to the league to say yes or no. I dont see what the problem is at all.
    test
  7. wizworld

wizworld How can you be mad at me?

Exactly. Even if you look at it from a psychological standpoint an artist is naturally going to place a larger premium on their talents & efforts than anyone else. It's human nature. So "they" aren't going to wake up anytime soon.
    test
  8. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

For the record, I somewhat agree with the op, but he's coming off as whiny. Nagl. But....:funny:
    test
  9. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

It's like this... I would never ask a company that I work for to pay me 100 grand a year if I can only generate them 10 grand in sales...
    test
  10. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

I'm saying this... if the league can not get back that money for paying a battler then they made a bad business move. For a battler to ask for money that they are not worth is kinda crazy. If a league offers you a plane ticket and a hotel then you should be greatful for that offer.
    test
  11. IKNOWALL

But what if you knew there was a chance you would pay it? what if you didnt work for that company you were contracted out to them and there was no repercutions for asking
    test
  12. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

imo, yeah. But mostly 'cause of your blanket statements such.as, "you can all be replaced."
    Not true.
    It would be much easier to replace one's technical ability, than it would be to replace one's natural talent.
    test
  13. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

100k views is no more than 300 dollars imo
    test
  14. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

I'm trying to make a point TBH. However, I'm not paying these battlers so I could care less. I made a thread to see the reactions and what I got was Battlers thinking they are worth something. How can you be human asking for something that you can't give back. Ask around... these battle leagues are out of pocket every event. I'm sorry but none of you are viral youtube battlers! Just saying. I'm on my Calvin Frazier shit.. keeping it 100
    test
  15. IKNOWALL

Wrong. There are other factors like what league is this? how many people will see it. Do I need a babysitter now? Do I have to take off work? Those type of things. If you are battling for promotion and its on say that Colorado battle league how many people are going to see it instead of spending time writing for a gt or URL battle? There are many more factors and if hey say no move on.
    test
  16. Sloss Littlez

Sloss Littlez KING SLOSS THE BOSS NIGGA

These guys are creme of the crop. Battling is a job now. You can't say it's a hobby because then David Stern can say that about bball. If you're making money off of SOMEONE ELSE then you need to give them a cut. It becomes a job.
    test
  17. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Drew do you know how much plane tickets costs? Hotels costs? And 100k views is not even 30bucks.
    test
  18. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

how much is it
    test
  19. Beyonder01

Beyonder01 1/6th of Bad Seedz

it is a suppliers market... the top-tier battlers have the power because that is who the fans want to see

anybody else should just be happy for any sort of flight/hotel assistance and just battle to promote music and hope to eventually reach top-tier and get paid
    test
  20. Sloss Littlez

Sloss Littlez KING SLOSS THE BOSS NIGGA

Why pay actors and actresses if they aren't box office draws? Why pay boxers and MMA fighters if no one knows them? Why pay football/basketball players if they don't start?

You're logic is fucking stupid, nigga. Fuck outta here.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.