Battlers who expect to be paid by leagues...

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Laxin, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teacozy

teacozy New Member

test
  2. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

This. You get people flying cross the country, or even driving 4-5 hours to come to your event because of a few big draws.

...its worth the payment.
    test
  3. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Honestly, If thesaurus brings the people out and makes the company 2 grand then why not pay him 2 grand. If he only makes the company a grand then why pay him 2 grand? Your only worth what you can make someone. Retard
    test
  4. teacozy

teacozy New Member

test
  5. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Also, do you have stats? Who is to say the Co-main events don't bring the draw? What about all the new battlers that bring their friends to watch them battle that stick around for the whole event? I bet if you had 1 battle at an event... no one would care. Battling is not as big as you think it is.
    test
  6. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

You're cool, dude, but that isn't true.
    test
  7. Artemis Doom

Artemis Doom New Member

Cant wait for next chicago event shit was on point, pretty sure everyone there wasnt paid.
    test
  8. nyccee4

nyccee4 New Member

Gt is not even close to a grassroots movement. There is no agenda for change in society except for hopes for financial success. GT is a welfare corporation that doesn't even net significant profit.

The idea of two idiots calling each other faggots in different ways for 2 minutes as a grassroots movement is :funny::funny:
    test
  9. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

Not to get on some kumbayah (sp, I kno) shit, but I think.its important that we as a community make a concerted effort to click the ads EVERY time we watch a vid from these companies. It costs us NOTHING, and is the very least we can do to support.

I was gonna make a thread about it, but it'll fall to page two before I wake up if I do that.

I ask that if any mods believe in this cause that they either change the.title of this.thread to reflect my proposal, or edit first posts in battle threads to remind people to click the.fuck outta those ads. Thx.
    test
  10. padwan87

padwan87 I AM NEIL LENNON

laxin basically every point you are making needs to be directed at the people running and promoting these leagues,we would all like to see them turn a profit.
    its them who need to be doing that on events(bigger turnouts,getting a % of drink sales and selling merch live),and having products to sell to fans online,they are never going to make their money through youtube so its them who need to capitalize on the views themselves by shifting a sellable product!and "these people"you refer to would be the ones doing that,so dont be a tool and generalize in every statement
    edit-and im goin 2 click on the ads from now on lol
    test
  11. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

After a long talk with Big Kannon... I guess it's 50/50 on the blame. I guess over paying people what their worth is on the leagues. However, I still SMH at the battlers for even asking. I can't hate on people making money but know what your worth. If you can't even generate 30k views then maybe you should not be paid. Organik even said, you make nothing off youtube. It's a myth.

I have offended lots of battle rappers with this thread and I really don't care. I was looking at this on the business side of things and not looking to boost egos. I just have a hard time hearing people getting paid thousands of dollars and a company not recouping their money. I fully support plane tickets and hotels for people that deserve it. It's always good to see new faces at events from other countries.

Battling started out as a fun thing to enhance skills on the corner and now it's turned into a money racket. I really want to see what battle leagues will still be standing in the next 5 years.
    test
  12. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

I'm not talking about 50bucks and 2 drink tickets. Maybe you have gotten paid but where I come from, opening acts get nothing. Promoters make you sell "X" number of tickets to get on bills. Opening acts here don't even get 50 bucks and 2 drink tickets tbh.
    test
  13. _gp_

_gp_ _ C M Y K _

"Organik said you make nothing off of youtube"

woooooo! how does he write this stuff?!
    test
  14. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

You make something but it's far off from what people think.
    test
  15. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

Laxin its simple its like any other business the companies that make the right business moves will survive the others will disapper
    test
  16. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

I agree...
    test
  17. DoctaSARS

DoctaSARS New Member

adding cameras as the main reason the events even exist changed everything
    test
  18. KingsCourtEnt

KingsCourtEnt Active Member

It's simple some people deserve to get paid however the leagues need to handle there business better on how much they pay them. Right now it seems battlers are getting overpaid. With all the people KOTD brings in the little money made off Youtube if these companies are running debt then to much money is being spent somewhere.

If all the companies come together and decide what they are paying these battlers the battlers eventually need to accept the payment, quit battling or do there own thing. Those that quit over money will always be replaced by others looking for there spot. And as you see all the old heads that were asking for 15 and 25 grand are lowering the prices to get the battles as they need the shine more than any league needs one battler
    test
  19. Bino Tha Kid

Bino Tha Kid New Member

if they wanna get paid for doing a job they are well in their rights to
    whether they deserve to is up to the person paying them, if like you said they are replaceable then just replace them with someone who doesn't want as much if thats your logic. but then u get situations where the replacement isn't as good as the person theyve replaced (see BOLA footage... niggas werent paying enough for a good editor so they got someone on the cheap n the quality dropped as a result)

if leagues don't want to pay people who don't deserve to get paid then stop giving wack ppl battles...

time is worth more than money n if someone thinks their time is valuable then thats entirely within their right, just get someone to do it for cheaper lol thats what u do init. if they truly wna battle they will lower their prices if they don't then y the fuck do u wanna get someone who doesn't want to battle than other then the money
    test
  20. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

i've opened shows where i got nothing and also opened shows where i got a guaranteed amount, percentage of the door etc

the idea that every promoter/club/event pays the exact same is retarded
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.