Battlers who expect to be paid by leagues...

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Laxin, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Naw, I speak the truth... it's faggots like you who gas these battlers up in threads and make them think they are worth something.
    test
  2. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Oh they think that
    test
  3. itslinx

itslinx Unngghh!!

I've said it before and i'll say it again. I don't think battlers should be paid to battle. If leagues want to pay for the flight/hotel, that's cool. But even that is stretching it at times. If anything, money should be put up and the winner gets it. Instead of paying someone $1,000 and the other person gets paid nothing, make that person prove they're worth the $1,000. If they lose, maybe they weren't worth it? Maybe they were and it was just a bad night. Either way more than likely the better battler that night will win.

As far as the reserve big battles for big events idea.. that's good and bad.
    test
  4. Bino Tha Kid

Bino Tha Kid New Member

go on bro what battlers have i gassed up

honestly, why are you so mad? not trolling, genuine question. it's almost as if you're affected. don't tell me kotdc battlers have turned into divas :scared:
    test
  5. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

I have not been mad this whole thread... I'm just making a point and voicing "MY" opinion from everything I hear and read. I don't get shook by trolls like most people. I'm just making a statement that battlers are not worth the 1080p that they're filmed on. They bring entertainment to a few thousand people on youtube but that's as far as it goes. I'm done with this thread... it's been fun reading how many fans are for bankrupting leagues for their free viewing pleasure. It's a great look.
    test
  6. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Oh yea, KOTDC battlers can be divas all they want... they're not asking for money so I support that.
    test
  7. Blue Bayonet

Blue Bayonet Member

Pizza's here!

*walks out*
    test
  8. Fuzzy Dunlop

Fuzzy Dunlop this ainta pageant pimpin

first post in the thread. While I somewhat agree with you, there is clearly more at stake here than youtube views. RIGHT NOW, the leagues arent raking in dough but it is getting bigger and bigger (see Charron on MTV) and these battlers are the product that is causing it to get bigger and bigger so I think small compensation isnt crazy or anything.

Tons of major athletic organizations are losing money right now, but do you think they should stop paying the players? No. because they predict financial viability in the future. Its the same thing (now if battle rap ever is profitable is a different debate)

It's pretty common in any business venture to be investing money (and losing some) while you try and get the product out there and wait for it to blow up. While they are not raking it dough right now (and dont get me wrong, maybe never will) do you think Organik and Lush and all these dudes are doing this out of the kindness of their heart?

If rappers never got compensated, it would be like these 'president' dudes are trying to make a company blow up for free and not paying any of their 'employees' during the process.
    test
  9. Wird of Pley

Wird of Pley I Slice My Own Ham

I agree with laxin. never in the history of performing have performers been paid for what they do.

Great logic.
    test
  10. Wird of Pley

Its not free you numbskull, he's fucking performing at a venue.
    test
  11. Diggles

Diggles Fred Durst's Life Coach

If they can't get the money they want.. and they refuse to battle til someone pays them that amount (whatever amount for arguments sake) and they never get offered that..

...then they turn into Mook status and they don't battle and need to find another outlet for their music. This only applies if their actually rappers though and not just battle guys

Seriously, EVERY battler in the league has a worth or value. Some are only worth camera time.. some are worth bringing in from out of state and accomodating and some are worth the whole kit and kaboodle.

If Star Almighty wants plane fare.. he can get a real job and work his way up to heavyweight status until his demands are finally met.
    test
  12. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

What the fuck are you talking about? Do you KNOW how start up companies work? Do you realize how long some companies take to start making profit? Especially a company that was started by 3 people that has some but not a huge amount of business experience. Unreal. Was this company even started in the beginning to make a huge profit? was there even an initial business plan? When it was started how many people were in the market? Did they even KNOW where revenue streams were coming from?
    test
  13. Diggles

..there's about 10+ people on here who will bury you on your business tip. Stick to your online gossiping, Perez.
    test
  14. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

NOT a chance on business and finance and I choose not to talk about these things because its a rap battle forum and most of these people have no fucking clue I see the outrageous shit people talk about in OT trust me my Rolodex is way bigger than theirs on that issue, so is my education. And on that note I got shit to do.
    test
  15. teacozy

teacozy New Member

You missed the plot a long time ago, bruh.

It's laughable that you're really approaching these leagues from this angle. These aren't small-town bakeries, you goon.
    test
  16. Diggles

:funny::funny::funny:

Education: The streets was my university nigga.

Fuck outta here.
    test
  17. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

WOW... I see you have never done a show before. Opening acts never get paid for shows. If your a somebody in the music industry then you get paid. Sorry but battlers are like the bears who ride bikes at the circus TBH. Hate me
    test
  18. MrXtrA

MrXtrA Colorado Raps League

fuck the haters, laxin let's drop sic vs ls, on tuesday biscuit vs dlor goes down and they can all hate when we prove them wrong again...

shoutouts to d-lor who is coming down for a plane ticket and staying a week to enjoy as much hiphop as he can in colorado and attending 2 events.....
    test
  19. Wird of Pley

Opening acts don't get paid in battling either you fucking retard.

Big names that draw people to the door do.

You're telling me Thesaurus shouldn't get paid?

People drive from hours outside of where an events typical regional audience is drawn from just so they can see the big names battle live.

That is worth money.
    test
  20. MrXtrA

MrXtrA Colorado Raps League

wird, when you coming to battle lejon he said now that you talking about it we gotta make the rematch happen in the next 6 months if you're ready
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.