Battlers who expect to be paid by leagues...

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Laxin, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuthyng

Nuthyng New Member

no thanks
    test
  2. nasimali

nasimali New Member

Thing is, people are used to having supercards for 20 a pop, so I doubt more than 100 people are going to see an event where there's only one good match. Vengeance was by no means packed (I can't imagine more than 150 people showed up, including rappers) and it had a pretty stacked card, including a match that was anticipated for 3 months. Gridlock won't probably be much bigger, and Organik is definitely flying in Marv, and possibly Real Deal and Fresco. And let's not get started on WD2, which would have to have 1000 people to even justify the people they want to fly over.
    test
  3. Haze305

Haze305 Flite Team Movement

150x20= 3000; likely have to pay Okwerdz 3000 himself but maybe they can work something out with them. I guess instead of views they can judge top tier by how many [paying] people they bring to the venue. I was just wondering if it was a viable alternative to these super cards.
    test
  4. nasimali

nasimali New Member

If it could stop the bleeding then it's not the worst idea, but then you could burn out your main eventers pretty quickly, and it would be much harder for rappers to move up in the rankings, as GM's would play it safe most of the time if there's only 5-6 matches, and you're asking for the same price as what we now pay for a 10-12 match card. It's a catch-22.

Plus I think battle rap has kind of plateaued in terms of bringing in new fans (hopefully someone can prove me wrong on this), which doesn't exactly bode well for a guy like Organik, having to impress a crowd which has been absolutely spoiled with great battles over the past year or so, and expecting bigger and better everytime.
    test
  5. Haze305

Well here is the thing main event rappers would only have to perform at most 4 times a year. They just have to spread out their main event guys. In this process they should be able to give mid card dudes a chance to move up. I dunno though it is not totally fleshed but I think it can work.
    test
  6. TunK

TunK Active Member

I will never ever ever ever ask to be paid to battle ANYONE. If I ever get offered a plane ticket, and a place to stay...I'm down to go anywhere.
    test
  7. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

If someone offers that... your getting a free vacation. We all know, Nothing is life is free.
    test
  8. ChopChop

ChopChop New Member

Wow laxin is such a fag

Plz die
    test
  9. Diglett

Diglett New Member

it hasnt been 90 days choppur
    test
  10. ChopChop

ChopChop New Member

Lmao that needed to be said though

Peace out
    test
  11. TunK

TunK Active Member

I don't know if your trying to insult me, or agreeing with me lol
    test
  12. Loe Pesci

Loe Pesci New Member

buy the shit already.
    test
  13. Kaysersoze

Kaysersoze New Member

yo don't pay okwerdz to come to kotd....he's not bringing any entertainment, fanbase, anything really!

if ur gonna bring anyone, let it be nocando
    test
  14. Bino Tha Kid

Bino Tha Kid New Member

i liked that idea someone posted wit the main event shit

loads of ppl think the battles go on for too long so i dont see why that doesnt happen
    test
  15. teacozy

teacozy New Member

you don't KNOW that.

You've yet to say anything on here that wasn't dumb.

And if you adjust the scale to account for the fact that you're comparing battlers making 5k to actors making millions, you should realize that. And you're proving Laxin's point. None of those people should be making that much, the difference is those are stable forms of entertainment with consistent business
    and this is a niche that will probably die by next year.

Also, no shit that it's "on the leagues". But when the three main leagues are competing, it's a moot point and you're retarded for bringing it up. KOTD, URL and GT are not going to have a detante and universally agree to stop overpaying unsuccessful underground rappers.
    test
  16. teacozy

teacozy New Member

he's so banned. lmao.

They got another behind the scenes benefactor. Point? Not every league can get funded by drug dealers.

Building stage? You're sounding really naive. Actually, you seem to be really off point in here so I'm really doubting what you KNOW.
    test
  17. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Honestly Cozy... These people are so fucking stupid. They think they know business and how shit operates. They don't grasp that battle rap does not make money. They think leagues make millions off youtube. To argue with these people is a waste of time.
    test
  18. Bino Tha Kid

Bino Tha Kid New Member

so what if people are coming off stupid here it's better than how you're coming off

coloured names do wonders to peoples egos it seems

SMFH
    test
  19. THE CRUNK GHOST

THE CRUNK GHOST 3PEATERS

literally nobody thinks that
    test
  20. Haze305

That's why I thought it would work best will a smaller card. Most people go to see the main event anyway. If they have to book the venue for a certain amount of hours why not throw a party after the battles?

These huge cards should be reserved for MOB, World Domination, Grizzle and that's it. Every four months there should be a big card if possible spread them out so they are close like Grizzle and World Domination.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.