Battlers who expect to be paid by leagues...

Discussion in 'Bodybag!: The BVA Hall of Shame' started by Laxin, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

You got these battles who can't even break 100k views and expect to be paid. I don't think people understand when someone says they will give you a plane ticket and a hotel that you should be grateful for that. You got stupid viral videos on youtube breaking millions of views. Lets keep it 100 tho... If your a big name and WILL draw people to the event then sure why not get some money but if no one gives a fuck about you then why should you be paid? Do you even realize that your putting companies out of business with your demands? Do you even care? If your reading this and say "well they make money off youtube" then your an idiot! What about event costs and promotion and editing costs and everything else?

Their are battle rappers on every street corner. What makes you so special? If your trying to make a living off battle rap then your an idiot.

Am I wrong?
    test
  2. shutupngoaway

shutupngoaway New Member

PREACH BROTHER PREACH( IN BIG KANNONS VOICE )

on the real though when i heard moodswangz sayin hes only battling if he gets paid i lost all hope
    test
  3. XQZapproved

XQZapproved Well-Known Member

test
  4. XQZapproved

XQZapproved Well-Known Member

i will say this tho. if a league is willing to give someone thousands of dollars to write something for a week and spit it for 10 minutes, cant really blame the rapper...
    test
  5. Drock247

Drock247 New Member

Yes you are wrong. Economics 101, someone's work is worth as much as a company is willing to pay them. If someone is willing to pay them big bucks to come battle, than that's what they are worth. If not, then they wont come battle for that company. What's it go to do with you? Why should a battler give a fuck about your company at all?

If he wants too much money, then don't bring him out. Point blank period. Posting about it on a message board isn't going to make "top tier" guys say to themselves, you know he's right I should just battle for the sake of battling. If someone wants to be a diva, then let him be a diva. You can't force someone to battle.
    test
  6. padwan87

padwan87 I AM NEIL LENNON

If your trying to make a living off battle rap then your an idiot. i disagree with this part,if someone can make a living off of battle rap they should,i dnt think it makes them an idiot.
    and tbh youtube videos should only be a byproduct of a productive leagues live events,that is where they should be trying to make their money!!
    test
  7. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

Do you know how many views it takes to generate a thousand bucks on youtube? Do you know how much plane tickets costs? Do you know how much Hotels costs?

Also, To make money at battling you need to be very active and generate millions of views. No one is doing that!

If you want to use battling to promote your music then that's cool but don't expect someone to pay you to do that! Take a plane ticket and a hotel and be happy someone even gave you that is what I'm saying.
    test
  8. avocado

avocado Well-Known Member

the funny thing to me is that most battle leagues are paying out of their pockets and not taking in practically any money from sponsorships.

It's a sticky situation but I agree with most of what laxin said.

that's why whenever i film a battle i ask for a fucking ant farm YOU HEAR ME ORGANIK!?!?!? I WANT MY FUCKING FARM!!!!!
    test
  9. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

I forgot to say that... Most these league owners are coming out of pocket for these battles and spend months holding event to get that money back.
    test
  10. roc55555

roc55555 Well-Known Member

test
  11. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

I personally dont believe any battle rapper is worth lets say 5 grand because theres no way in hell they can make any sort of return on that investment. Leagues shell out 20+ grand on events and large quantities of that are going toward individuals. Do they draw crowds, Yes, But not individually. Had Solomon been the ONLY person battling at Grizzle then yeah, give him 5 stacks. But he wasnt, He wasnt the only person drawing in a crowd. With a stacked line up that could fill a venue of 600 or so easy...Giving a headliner more then everybody else is bad business.

If your not making a return on your investment, then dont make the investment.
    test
  12. thugnasty

thugnasty New Member

How many? that has been on my mind for the last few weeks.
    test
  13. drewthetruth

drewthetruth ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

[​IMG]
    test
  14. IKNOWALL

IKNOWALL Well-Known Member

This is such a touchy topic and its pretty clear if you dont believe that person is worth it DONT PAY PERIOD. I have never understood companies bitching about this if you dont think a batter is worth what they are asking tell them to fuck off. This happens all the damn time. Battlers ask for certain amount of money company laughs in there face says fuck you call me when you have a realistic price.

what is the fucking problem stop bitching. Some of these said companies probably should not be in business in the first place.

Money is not the problem. Dumb ass business people are the problem.

[edit] I cant believe I just responded to someone who runs a damn online battle leagues thread
    test
  15. drewthetruth

pow pow shots fired?
    test
  16. JONNY STORM

JONNY STORM Dominiking

yea touchy topic,
    but saying that you can just find any bum rapper of the street to replace a big name is simply a stupid statement...if it wasnt for big names there would be no "job" no battle leages, no camera guys or fans period. it was wen big names got involved and brought their fan bases that gave leages like GT this status world wide
    test
  17. Judgekure

Judgekure 48÷2(9+3)=288 tbh

Laxin also does video editing and visual graphic design for live battle leagues, Not to mention he's done music production for alot of rappers...
    test
  18. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

I know right? I just made this thread cause I see so much shit on threads. NONE OF YOU ARE WORTH SHIT! MAKE A COMPANY MONEY THEN TALK ABOUT MONEY! 99% OF YOU CAN'T EVEN GET 30 PEOPLE OUT TO A SHOW. SMH.
    test
  19. drewthetruth

served up a plate of truth right here
    test
  20. Laxin

Laxin ^shitty poster

They don't know my history. I'm trying to help battling. I offer my services for real cheap to help these leagues who have poor video editing. I'm doing my part... what the fuck is everyone else doing?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.