"Battlers, please stop doing this" thread

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by XQZapproved, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

This. It's pronounced how it's spelt, not twot.
    test
  2. uloseatlifetbh

uloseatlifetbh New Member

Sucking horribly.
    test
  3. Hell Boy

Hell Boy New Member

360's soooooo madddd right now....
    test
  4. NO SIR E

NO SIR E Balrog's Barber

battlers need to stop reciting and start rapping their bars. I can't watch a whole battle if one of them has that monotone teleprompter kind of swag and no delivery. Especially young new cats that think they can have jokes and not have real bars.
    test
  5. Kunty McPhuck

Kunty McPhuck aka Mr C U Next Tuesday

WHAT :ninja: :fighting0011:
    test
  6. iSick303

iSick303 knew pac, pop

sorry ______ schemes. it was cool when bender did it, it was good when knamelis and shitt did it, it was dec when tricky and feel good did it, but now its getting played out
    test
  7. alicious

alicious Alicious

"So Lush/Organik hit me up on the phone, like..."
    no.
    test
  8. onitabas

onitabas die faggot

please tell me someone said this
    test
  9. The Mage BTM

The Mage BTM Well-Known Member

Star Almighty on the boards postin, that's rare...battle Double/Deuce man, we want to see it and he wants to battle you
    test
  10. JBCizzle

JBCizzle Fighting White Lightning

I agree, no bringing in other people (especially the hosts) in the battle. Like the Dizaster/Swave Sevah battle when Swave Sevah brought in Cortez, and then in the Cortez/Thesaurus battle when Thesaurus brought in Dizaster. I think Sonny Bamboo said a line in one of Real Deal's battles too.
    test
  11. MattPORTLAND

MattPORTLAND Well-Known Member

JFK lines
    Entire rounds off of a 3 syllable scheme.
    2v2 rounds where they try and Pesci/Bender through the entire verse but end up feelgooding it all up. Seriously, even when the trade-offs are done well it's annoying as fuck 90% of the time and for no reason at all. If it adds emphasis to the line or the line makes more sense with 2 people saying it (if it involves 2 people talking for example) that's one things but otherwise it's pointless. It's not like you're freestyling and picking up off of the other persons scheme, it just makes the whole thing look like a theater production, and makes me wonder who actually wrote each line.
    True Story might be more annoying when it's used ironically than when Arcane originally used it, and that's saying something.
    test
  12. Eon0011

Eon0011 Member

Name dropping. I fucking hate that. Must be pissing Organik off too. Unless you can make it relevant to your material, STOP doing this shit.

Talking over other rappers. Arcane and Bartone still cant seem to stop doing this shit. Knamlis recently during the Rich battle. (Which made me laugh because he gave Bartone shit about that during last years KOTD grand prix)

Getting homosexually close to another rappers face. That BS intimidation tactic. (Diz, Chronicle more recently. Charron/HFK to Realdeal, Suss got really close Innuendo ). If you confident in your bars and performance, why do you feel you have to resort this shit?
    test
  13. 100 Bullets

100 Bullets You Don't Know Your Enemy

Not battling.

If you're a battle emcee, then battle!

More importantly, battle other emcees on your level.

Don't be afraid to lose.
    test
  14. JBCizzle

A few quick things. I think that Charron/HFK got in Fresco's face instead of Real Deal's when they were calling Fresco a faggot at the end of their 2nd round.

The other thing is, I think that name dropping is ok only if it's true. None of that conversational "I was talking to Organik and he said that you suck" or other filler. But if it's an actual personal that's true, then I think that's ok.

Other than that I agree with everything you said dude.
    test
  15. 100 Bullets

100 Bullets You Don't Know Your Enemy

Exactly. If it's true, it's all good.
    test
  16. Panda...

Panda... New Member

Stop being Charron.
    test
  17. JBCizzle

I'm surprised that I forgot about this one, but once rules are agreed upon, don't change the rules last minute. Be a man and fight the battle the way it was agreed upon, don't be a diva and try and change the rules last minute and then blame the other person.

Similarly, once rules are agreed upon, they should be published and given to the hosts of the event in written form, that way there isn't any arguing about it. And it can only be changed with consent from both battlers and the hosts.
    test
  18. Tradish

Tradish illest alive

battlers fuck all this shit, keep rapping.
    test
  19. Mave2

Mave2 Active Member

The one thing that people need to stop (if they suck): double time.

It always starts the same,

Shit Rapper: you sucked at double time, this is the proper way!!

Shit Rapper then proceeds to suck at double time.

Note,

[youtube]mnTOZB2LvUw[/youtube]
    test
  20. Eon0011

Eon0011 Member

Yea the name dropping thing, I edited after I posted. As long as it's relevant, ie true, then I'll give it a pass, so I agree with you there.
    And the Charron/HFK thing, I was refer more to the double team scream match in there 3rd. HFK was in one ear, and Charron was in another. I thought that was over the top. I wonder how Math Hoffa would have reacted? Double head butt lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.