Battle Rap Dictionary ... for dummies

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by TheAak, Sep 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAak

TheAak Well-Known Member

Hofefully, most of you say "Duh" or "No Shit" to what you're about to read, but All of you shouldn't, cause A lot of you are either idiots, new to this shit, or need to refresh yourself with the english language, in the first place

A lot of problems on this site (shit, in the world) stem from people not knowing the definition of the terms that they use (failure after failure to communicate), yet still try to use said terms to describe elements of battles (everything) ... a lot slang and shit that has become Battle rap jargon get confused and cause arguements and dumbass conversations

For example ... Putting the word "freestyle" in a video title ... Is the performer making up the words as he goes along?? or was it a prewritten verse?? or was it composed of lines that he throught of beforehand as a premed?? ... shit, is a premed freestyle at all?? ... ORR is freestyle a word that means all those fucking things?? ... to me, its the latter

shit like that

anyway, the shit is starting to get on my nerves, so here's some defintions (and I use that term loosely) or explanations of words, as I've come to know and understand them

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    PERSONALS - Personalized diss; Directly applies to the person you are adressing ... Many topics of these include opponents name, apperance, and or personal info. ... BUT a Personal does not nessecarily have to include previously researched info, although, they often do in written leagues

GENERALS or non personal lines - Usually can be said to anyone with varying degrees of success

SET UPS - (see rhyme scheme/pattern) Lines that may build up to, simply rhyme with, and/or give context to a punchline (see punchline)

FILLER - lines that are placed in a rhyme scheme, simply for the sake of rhyming and/or "filling" up space in between rhymes ... usually don't give any context to, nor has anything to do with the punchline, itself ... Filler used repeatedly, in order to fill up space can be refered to as a "crutch" (see crutch)

PUNCHLINE - the Climax to any joke, story, or lyric that was intended to elicit a desired affect/reaction from the audiance ... does not have to be word play (see word play) a name flip (see name flip) or even rhyme with the rest of the scheme

RHYME SCHEME/PATTERN - the manner in which the lyrics are rhymed together to form stanzas

ROBBERY - when the person that should have won, lost ... regardless of how competetive the bout or if it was a clear victory for the loser, when the result of the match is in conflict with one or more viewer's opinion, it is deemed a robbery ... robbery by the judges, the league, and/or the winner (see jerking: see no homo)

JUMPED - being attacked by AT LEAST 2 OR MORE people ... I hate when people say "that guy jumped me" shut your dumbass up

JIGGY - (just cause white people have been wondering since 1997 or so) to get "dressed up" or dress well, to be dapper, to be fashionable (this is how the word was originally intended) see: Get fresh, Clean, Draped up, dipped, etc

UNICORN- A female fan of battle rap. see:does not exist

MULTI- multisylabic rhyme pattern

FORCED MULTI – a term used to describe multisyllabic rhyme schemes that are made up of words that are not commonly associated with the concept of the punchline (see concept); nonsensical multi syllabic rhyme schemes; words that are used in a rhyme scheme that are seemingly said for the sake of rhyming (see filler), which is viewed as a mask for less weak/less harding hitting punchlines (see Weak Punchlines) However, “Forced Multi’s” should not be confused with Slant Rhyme (see slant rhyme

Streaching - words needlessly put into rhyme schemes, so that the punchlines sounds more aesthetically pleasing to the listener; this can be seen as a crutch or as involuntary mistake ... also, used to describe lengthy/long winded/wordy set ups, concep, and or punchlines (see reaching)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Add more words and/or improve mine from battling, hiphop, or rapmusic in general

I don't feel like writing anymore

Big Booty Bitches
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

Bodybag - one-sided victory.
    test
  3. Freshcoast86

Freshcoast86 Rap or chill

example of filler please lol
    test
  4. Nicolas Gauge

Nicolas Gauge New Member

damn thanks for this thread
    test
  5. Maytrikz

Maytrikz Genuine Person Time

GETFOH - phrase directed towards unworthy opposition who should preferably be informed of the exit.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  6. TheAak

TheAak Well-Known Member

no problem, sir

the most famous filler is "All I know is That"

other examples:

"God Damn" ..."when I grab the mic" .. "I said" ... "Nigga" ... "Matter Fact"

and to be specific: "You Know that I'm the best with raps and you must be related to Mr. Egghead to look like that"

"You know I'm best with raps" is filler, but it does the job

Or

I'm ripping the mic/ still in a fight/ I'm killing this dyke/ my rhymes are iller than life/ niggas is trife/ till I catch them from the blind side and they get hit with a pipe

that whole line is filler, but it does the job

TO ME, Freestyle filler is acceptable, but if you took time to write that bull shit to set up your punches, then its unacceptable (with some exceptions)
    test
  7. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

if u have some seriously heavy punchlines its usually good to include 'good filler'
    test
  8. Freshcoast86

Freshcoast86 Rap or chill

filler 101 thanks haha
    test
  9. TheAak

TheAak Well-Known Member

see filler usually has negative connotations in the first place, so

"good filler" is usually not filler at all and is simply jus the "set up"

example: Real deal to Sahtyre

"Here's another hippy hobo with no job with nothing substantial to offer .. Your crew lives of couches vans and futons like a family of squatters ...Someone Tell Nocan, I came to put hands on his daughter ... For ducking me and fresco like some los angelos dodgers"

The first two lines can be mistaken as filler, but really they set up punches and angles that directly apply to them, later

"Someone Tell Nocan, I came to put hands on his daughter" was such a good set up, that he could have reversed the order and let it be the punchline

To me none of that is "Filler" beacuse its all relevant to the points he's making and the concepts that he's rapping about ... its all apart of the set up ... and Real deal has some of the best of them

so filler can be used in set ups ... but they are two different things
    test
  10. mapleleaf

mapleleaf bumpin onyx in the jag

I would say conceited is a rapper who could definitely use some filler.
    test
  11. Wonka

Wonka OTBVA 2v2 Champ

These are general FREESTYLE battle terms, do not get these two confused even though freestyle battling is virtually nonexistent now.

Pre-med, lines thought of during your opponent's turn.
    Pre-written, verses wrote prior to your battle with said opponent.

EXAMPLE, YOU SAY?

Any of Thesaurus' freestyle lines that sound doper than they should, pre-meds.

Aspire's ENTIRE battle versus Thesaurus @ Scribble Jam '07, pre-written.
    test
  12. TheRealWarlock

TheRealWarlock Top 5 In The 505

someone elaborately define "forced multi" for the idiots who get it confused
    test
  13. FREDDY RUGER

FREDDY RUGER New Member

raw nemz vocab dont stretch to far

'filler' to him means 'fill her' as in put the tip in that niggaz ass while we got him in a headlock before the guards come knocking

fuck outta here my nigga

that nigga does promo ot's on his boys ass every night

a 'Rebuttal' is when he rape somebody as revenge for raping him the week before.. re butt al. what a pussy.
    test
  14. TheRealWarlock

TheRealWarlock Top 5 In The 505

lol thesuarus's American me line is a way better example

cuz i imagine a clit can build fat if the chick gets really fat. just cuz they dont have a clit doesnt make it forced
    test
  15. FREDDY RUGER

FREDDY RUGER New Member

my nigga your denial is so strong

if you could learn to let go of it you would have a slight chance of happiness.. until then you will remain that dude who wore lipstick in jail and let other british niggas fuck he mouth

herpes simplex virus 2 all over ur lips homie
    test
  16. FREDDY RUGER

FREDDY RUGER New Member

im sure u would like to open me up u stupid C grade downsyndrome nigga

no means no mother fucker stop PMing asking for pics of my asshole the fuck is wrong with u?

nigga pole danced all over his prison bars for extra cigarettes from other inmates

aint no amount of weights gonna hide the fact that 5 british niggas and 2 irish niggas dick sneezed and laminated ur chest and neck

you fruity ass motherfucker
    test
  17. FREDDY RUGER

FREDDY RUGER New Member

my nigga go drink a tea while ur mother sucks some niggas dick to a guy ritchie soundtrack

u dead to me
    test
  18. FREDDY RUGER

FREDDY RUGER New Member

raw nemz prison nickname was 'pauly pass outs' cos the nigga would pretend to pass out while the sisters ran a train on him
    test
  19. TheAak

TheAak Well-Known Member

hell yeah
    test
  20. D-Lor

D-Lor Well-Known Member

edit these in

Unicorn- A female fan of battle rap. see:does not exist
    Multi- multisylabic rhyme pattern
    test
Thread Status: