Battle of the sexes..

Discussion in 'Ladies Lounge' started by GaLaTeA, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

..is overrated.
    test
  2. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

yep.

silent treatment never works on me. she'll end up going to sleep before I give in..lol
    test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

^^:funny: word
    test
  4. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

test
  5. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

i didnt like that luda cd either
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

but its also not underrated
    test
  7. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

[​IMG]

:dead:
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Roger that.

It has not a single good track on it. :hissyfit:

True.
    test
  9. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Battle between the sexes is reflected within each human being as well, men rejecting their "feminine" nature (has nothing to do with what society has modeled femininity on, it is about human duality) and women rejecting the "masculine".

The rational and emotional, sun and moon.

The goal is to within yourself balance the two and melt them into one.

If you don't understand, read up on alchemy and human transformation.

Stage 4 of the process if you're interested, it is real, I'm over thirty and just got there while most people stagnate on the first stages as they are not aware of the process.

Freemasons base their whole "secret hierarchy" and their human development ritual on alchemy so they take it seriously. The problem is they keep it secret so the masses stay beneath them so read up on it and head for enlightenment. (tip: check out Eckhardt Tolle and "the power of now", it will help you. It is not about alchemy, but it will help you open your mind)

I also see this reflected in humankind as a whole, we go through stages of development, also why old traditions and ways of thinking are crumbling and becoming less useful, as we understand concepts without the need for a parable. But we are still very behind in our ways of thinking as a whole, probably why I used to irritate myself over so many things.

I don't expect anyone who are institutionalized or conformed in their way of thinking, but I think maybe someone like Galatea or someone else will find something in this that will improve their lives.

The knowledge within this is the most useful knowledge I have ever accumulated.
    test
  10. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Ah yes, duality. I see that and raise you, well Jung. Every man and every woman is equipped with a psychological structure. This includes both natural wealth, both sides, clusters of power and ability. Psyche itself is split into complementary opposites and represents them as such; male ~ female. These two opposites of each other are in balance and complement each other. What a man lacks a woman has and vice versa.

But all the rejections comes from being conditioned to enter such a battle in the first place.

Male and female principle in nature, are always distinct, sun as the father and the moon as a mother. Through the alchemy of art, these two principles come together. The fruit of this marriage, is the birth of a philosophical stone, hermaphrodite, ie the combined male and female principle. For example, Aristotle has separated and marked matter via their fundamental characteristics ~ which is a contradiction, since they're incompatible. However, if I'm not mistaken, he was the oen that also discovered, that the elemental content has always shown its strength in integration.

Synthesis of such symbols, can't be completely separated from the ambivalence of the two opposing parts, which are attributed to "the origin" of the merger by central symbols. For they contain a variety of principles and the content they have, is "the original". It can be seen in the use of symbolism in alchemy; alcohol, because of alchemic teachings, the alcohol is a blend between water and fire, thus combining two opposite elements. Alcohol is the water of life, which includes the principle of fire as its principle source. Also; couldn't androgy in this way be symbolizing the association of a man and a woman, but at a higher level ~ here's where pre-origin intervenes and perfect completeness and integrity of a being, is the symbol of complete retentions of a man ~ Plato.

The journey had to of been illuminating, n'est pas?

Ty for the book tip ~ I do think his book is currently collecting dust in my library..:scared:

Gender is still perceived as a primary subject after which a class system is made. As in every binarism, it's also about overpowering. The importance of gender is nothing more than the importance of maintaining power imbalances, and everything depends on the untouchable.

Ancient Greek art is a typical example of putting one sex over another. Artists (sculptors, painters) usually depicted beautifully constructed boys. However, those were slightly feminine, but men found it suitable. Greeks also condoned homosexuality, which would be inadmissible and disgusting for their women.
    The predominance of male over female, therefore is a thing which originates to the past.

Also; culture imposes differences, which willingly or unwillingly we have to deal with. Even if at first those may not exactly be aimed solely to gender. We mistakenly perceive the difference between the sexes, which are innate, and thus ignored, while acknowledging the gender hierarchy system. If instead of the differences which fall on women and men, we'd be focusing on the idea of ​​sex and divided it, the differences would probably became smaller.

Many traditions are outdated and unnecessary, so I fully agree with you there.

:funny: I'm pretty dead set in my ways..

Interesting.
    test
  11. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Nice! :)

I must say you have read a bit, this is good. I have read a bit myself, but most of it comes from experience and reflection, then I have been able to put things into words and been directed to the litterature, so this is also some of that in effect ^^

The thing about the duality consisting of two incompatible parts is true, but they are both as necessary and it's a matter of keeping them in balance. I'm a libra and on each scale I have an aquarius parent, one is lead by emotion, the other rationality. So after tilting one way or the other for many years I found the balance in using both as assets. Theres a lot more to it tho. And another theory I had was all about duality of good/evil and light/dark and such.. I saw it all around me and the closest analogy I could make is that for anything to exist we need both: To create energy we need poles positive and negative, just like a battery. When it comes to the sexes I feel there is a competitive and segregated rivalry that I think should not be there. Is it because of society? I feel religion has a lot to do with it tho, the book practically starts with the woman getting the blame for the fall of man, tempted by the snake no doubt ;p, manipulation? The nearest I get to that today is how the industry/media/society (the snake) makes women materialist (wanting material things), and man wanting the woman tries to appeal to what the woman wants and focuses his life on materialism (picks the apple).
    well, anywho.. :p

Other thing about the material I found, power of now. I now know what I want in relationships, and I know thought is a product of the brain muscle. It is not "me" but echoes of me, usually needless reflection on things already comprehended. And the brain creates very convincing illusions that take your focus away and makes you less present in the now. The greatest thing is that I can eradicate two things; fear and pain.
    Pain: when I emotionally respond to a mental construct of the past. It does not exist, so unless I am in pain at this very moment I realize that I'm actually afflicting the pain myself. And by ending the thought process and being back in the present where there is no pain, I also realaize the pain is pointless and unless I WANT the pain it does not need to be there.
    Fear: when I emotionally respond to mental constructs of the future. It does not exist, it is pointless being fearful about something that doesnt exist. By experience you also know that when the moment comes you always know what to do so it is also pointless to worry in advance, it usually is just your mind playing worst case scenarios and worrying you needlessly, shifting your focus and making you do worse.

Humans are addicted to thinking. Thinking is usually not necessary, it usually make you unfocused and give you mental health problems. Once you sstop identifying with your brainmuscle you start finding yourself and all your mental worries disappear.
    test
  12. TreHolla

TreHolla Member

super duper intense. i'm getting teary eyed. it explains the dream i had a few nights ago. my dreams have been getting really vivid lately.

and none of the stuff above would make half as much sense without the bible. it's almost scary, but i know in my heart. i don't believe in coincidence. the universe is far too big for that. i knew i shoulda immediately wrote down what was in my dream after i had it. but the two biggest and main parts of my dream i remember.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.