Battle in SB tonight

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by phillipdrummond, Oct 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phillipdrummond

phillipdrummond get at me for footage

was wack. cervin technically won it, even though bo-rat served him in the finals and iconoclast SERVED him in the first round (but through a wild card system cervin got back in). THere were only like 7 people tops battling it was wack. Bo-rat caught hate cause he was a whiteboy...there was all sorts of reverse racism bullshit going on, blah blah. I'll post the footage, bo-rat has some tight shit but I know he could have comep better. Iconoclast did his thing and so did pizzle. I think the lower standards of the other battlers lowered bo-rat et al's performance. too bad franco wasn't there, he prob. would have murdered everyone like he did last year. instead he opened for aceylone and ab rude in humboldt
    test
  2. ThaBoRat

ThaBoRat New Member

i'm just short $200, which is wack

g'night y'all

peace
    test
  3. Verbal Marksman

Verbal Marksman Inverted Speech Syndicate

That sucks about the battle. I guess it's for the better that I didn't go.

Wait a second, Franco opened up for Aceylone and Abstract Rude? That's pretty ill. I didn't know that Franco had recorded songs and shit...
    test
  4. phillipdrummond

franco has two albums.
    test
  5. phillipdrummond

test
  6. Sahtyrickal

Sahtyrickal New Member

maybe its not so bad that i didnt make it then
    test
  7. ThaBoRat

ThaBoRat New Member

you didn't miss out on shit...

i'm actually glad no one dope came, cuz they would have had a horrible impression of the SB hip hop scene. granted, it's not THAT poppin', but last night was not a good representation.

peace
    test
  8. Verbal Marksman

Shit, wasn't Nocanodo supposed to go?
    test
  9. STATEMENT 1

STATEMENT 1 #1 homo

WTF, When was this? Elliot, why didnt you hit me up?
    test
  10. Sahtyrickal

Sahtyrickal New Member

ayo borat...didnt i see u at the project blowed show a cupple weeks bacc?

and if that was u...how come u aint cipher wit us mannnnn????
    test
  11. Ayem

Ayem I Heart Myself

At Mighty 4...U Were Short $1,000...=/...
    test
  12. phillipdrummond

yeah that was bo-rat, he was inside watching the show and getting abused by 2mex
    test
  13. shindigger

shindigger New Member

iconoclast served the fuck outta cervin. hes a very nice mc, but his problem is that once he gets a little shook, he cant regain his composure. he fell off numerous times that night.

the final battle was wack. i mean, to me it was like this: borat did not lose to cervin, but he definitely didnt win. if you dont serve the other person, you cant complain because judges are human.

i dont think cervin or borat came very tight, but what it came down to was this. cervin was more on beat, and he never fell off once. however, his punchlines are horrible, and he has no wordplay whatsoever.

borat needs to work on his flow. he has the lines, the wordplay and all that, but is offbeat most of the time. im not even trying to hate. borat is definitely an elite battler in california. cervin on the other hand, would never do well at a real battle. his style is perfect for 106 and park. weak fillers, substituted with a "you look like" punchline every once in a while.

in the end, it could have gone either way in my opinion based on those reasons.
    test
  14. phillipdrummond

yeah I feel you on that. in the first two rounds of the final battle, I think bo-rat served him, I have to watch the footage again. The last round where you "flow until you fall off" was bogus and bo-rat was actually freestyling, whereas cervin was half spitting writtens and kicking mediocre flow. Cervin is usually on beat, but that's because he always does the same flow/cadence, never switches it up. Hopefully he'll go to street rock and enter and see what a real battles all about. Last night at the party I threw his boys kept cutting bo-rat and intuition off when they were trying to battle and then he said "who wants to battle the champion..." I just laughed. I'll have the footage up on soulseek soon. peace and thanks for coming and judging marshall, that chick was really wack, BTW, but we already established that...
    test
  15. ThaBoRat

ThaBoRat New Member

yeah, that was even worse... but at least i deserved to lose that battle.

and sahtyriikal... yeah, i was at the blowed the other weekend. i was cyphering for a while, but i was inside a lot enjoying the shows... which were real dope.

peace
    test
  16. ThaBoRat

ThaBoRat New Member

marshall... i feel you on the flow aspect of my "game" (if you can even call it that... haha)

lately i've been trying to switch up the monotony of rhymes that are structured AA BB... but in doing so i think my flow falls of at times.

oh well, that's what practice is for, right?

peace
    test
  17. Verbal Marksman

^^^
    4 sure.

*Borat's my hero* lol
    test
  18. shindigger

shindigger New Member

borat, im glad you didnt take offense to that. constructive criticism. keep improving
    test
  19. Verbal Marksman

^^^
    Word. I actually appreciated that. Not like I have anything to do with you guys' conversation or anything, but I did think that was cool of Rat to not get all defensive.
    This is why I want to work with that man on a track....*cough
    test
  20. AgentofKarma

AgentofKarma New Member

im listenin to these tracks with franco, and they are pretty dope but goddamn this dude sounds like a cali surfer bruh....its tight tho
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.