Batman The Dark Knight was very overrated.

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Shy, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

j.depp as the riddler would be off the hook. i read that in the papers on the way to uni last week. but i thought someone said mr.reese (mysteries) will be the riddler? and i highly doubt that the actors/directors would want anyone for that matter to fill in for heath. apparently christian bale lost his mind when ledger died, and still hasn't recovered ...

[turn] ...
    test
  2. Brahmio Leone

Brahmio Leone C'era Una Volta...

i think it would be better if mr. reese (mysteries) was an ace henchman of the riddler's.

i haven't read anything else, but the first sentence and caption under ledger's pic in that article about depp as the riddler says they're keen on finding someone to match his portrayal.
    test
  3. Langford

Langford New Member

movie was great, but i don't think it's the best comic book movie to date. it did do a lot of things better than the others, though, just isn't my #1 overall.

maybe a 8.5/10
    test
  4. Dex Luiz

Dex Luiz Guest

The Riddler is a lame faggot.
    test
  5. Chin Kwon

Chin Kwon The Angkorian

Heathe Ledger was amazing, that's pretty much agreed on by everyone. However, for some reason (and i've said this before), when Bale is in his batman mode, it annoyed the fuck out of me. Especially when he does that low raspy voice. I don't know why im the only one who notices this. oh well. Was this film overrated? Yea. But was it bad? NOPE! Definitely one of the best summer flick in recent years.
    test
  6. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Rippy thought Gigli was underrated..So I dunno how to feel..

I really liked the movie and thought it lived up to the hype and I really didn't care to much for the other Batman movies..
    test
  7. Dex Luiz

Dex Luiz Guest

Gigli?

lol

Damn, rippy.
    test
  8. Le'Negro'ttuce

Le'Negro'ttuce Stayin Crispy

A lot of peeps here thought the same way, voice was weird in Batman Begins too, just seemed to fake.

LMFAO @ Gigli...[funny]
    test
  9. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

Yeah, that'd be a good pick. I think we already got a preview of what he could do for the role in Fight Club and Kalifornia.

I think the Riddler could potentially be a good villain, but most likely he'd come off as a poor man's joker. I love the whole narcissistic killer shtick though, I gotta admit.
    test
  10. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

only thing i didnt like was how long it was. other than that everything was great. it actually had intelligence and little twists and stuff which made it stand out more than any other superhero flick and even a lot of thriller/suspense joints too.

Ledger was fucking amazing. i mean what else can i really say? the movie was brilliant just a little too long and drawn out as mentioned earlier. but when thats the worst thing about a movie, you did a pretty good job.
    test
  11. Old Soul

Old Soul Nipple Nibbler

I swear sometimes I feel like I'm the ONLY motherfucker who's seen '12 Monkeys'... Pitt plays a complete psycho enclosed in padded walls... he'd be a great Joker.

However, I don't think they need to go 'big name'... did they pay Bale or Ledger the 20 mil it would cost for Depp or Pitt?
    test
  12. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

Screw Pitt or Depp they can get Jason Biggs
    test
  13. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

penguin maybe?
    test
  14. Brahnatello

Brahnatello di Betto Brahdi

Niggas read my mind on who should play the Penguin.

A couple weeks ago, I was discussing possible upcoming villains with a pal of mine and said that if they did feature the Penguin... Phillip Seymour Hoffman would be the perfect choice.

Voila -> IGN: More Batman Villain Buzz

I had no idea, but he's been wanting to play that role way back in 2005.
    test
  15. Brahnatello

True, but I like the more subdued sinisterness about him. It's a stark enough contrast.

The thing I'm afraid of is that it'll be a carbon-copy of John Doe from Se7en.

Nolan's shown to put nice original and creative spins on things, so I think it'll be in good hands.
    test
  16. Brahnatello

LoL! [funny]

I still gotta peep that joint. That and Brazil.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail is the only Terry Gilliam film I've seen...
    test
  17. Le'Negro'ttuce

Le'Negro'ttuce Stayin Crispy

If they make the riddler a psychotic killer yet more eccentric then the Joker I think it would work and Depp would kill it. Not gay eccentric though, just enough to bring some originality so that not to compare him to the Joker.
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

I say they go with killer croc. It's not as far fetched as some people would assume.

People develope all kinds of skin disorders from leprosy to ichthyosis.
    Not to mention, they could create another real nice psychological thriller
    because of how this skin disorder affects his sanity. Perhaps, they could even throw in some darwin lines into the croc's dialogue. It's plausible, people develope skin disorders, carnivals have freakshows,
    this would explain killer croc's origins. I think explaining it this way allows it to come off very realistically.
    After all, it is his comic book Orgins!

Even the comics state he filed his teeth as to appear more like a crocs. And the best part is he's a cannibal!

This could work!
    test
  19. Brahnatello

What did you have in mind in terms of being eccentric?

I think he should be less eccentric and more contained in his emotions, so that he doesn't appear to be a Joker rip-off.

Whatever the case, no green suits with question marks.

Yeah, Killer Croc sounds viable down the line, menaz.

Never heard of him before.
    test
  20. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Croc, Most likely, perhaps down the road. Who knows.

And I seriously doubt a director of such high caliber like nolan who pays great attention to detail would allow such a minor error with the riddler. The man is a genius, and a genius doesn't like to reduplicate his work that would belittle his uncanny direction of these complexed characters and as a genius director. E.specially when he has the Joker to work with in the next film if he wishes.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.