Batman The Dark Knight was very overrated.

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Shy, Jul 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Good, but overrated. I knew it would be though. People acting like it was mind blowing or something. It was a Batman movie. Entertaining. Simple. That's it.

but waaaay too drawn out. P.S. Harvey Dent looked gay after burned.
    test
  2. TruKaos

TruKaos I'll Box Your Ears

agreed.

i really enjoyed it, but i've heard far too many people call it the best movie that they have ever seen. shit has been #1 on the imdb top 250 since it came out, which boggles the mind.

i honestly don't think that the dark knight was that much better than batman begins (which, to be fair, i'd give a solid 8/10).
    test
  3. I disagree. Amazing film. i almost expected it to be overrated, but I was surprised as fuck at how good it was. Technically, this film was perfect. Ledger killed it, and this was the best movie I've seen in the past two years.
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

your entire family is over rated. one of the best movies i've ever seen with THE best villain i've ever seen ...

[turn] ...
    test
  5. SPoKeN PHiLoSoPHy

SPoKeN PHiLoSoPHy crazy ill, mad rowdy

ya b4 this movie i was never really a fan of joker as a villain.. always thought he corny...

but after i saw dark knight i feel completely different
    test
  6. Blaine Fontaine

Blaine Fontaine property hustla

like i said in another thread...pretend heath is alive
    and then watch it skippin his parts
    test
  7. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

test
  8. happy99

happy99 New Member

Maybe it is a lilttle overrated, it is still very good.
    test
  9. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

watch scarface, but skip pacinos scenes in it ...

[turn] ...
    test
  10. Pyro Tecknik

Pyro Tecknik Harbinger of DOOM

I was expecting it to be overrated because of all the hype, but it was not.

Not since Batman Returns, have i truly enjoyed a batfilm...fuck, a comic book related film.

I'm not saying it was 10/10, but it was great...It was like a Batman comic book series on the Big screen. Pretty much what i've been waiting for from a comic book inspired film.
    test
  11. XxKxX

XxKxX Member

When I was watching the opening sequence when they robbing the bank i was thinking to myself damn this movie is gonna be good, but i was only interested in what was happening when the joker was on, also wat was up with batmans voice, that put me off.
    test
  12. Pyro Tecknik

Yea, that was pretty much the only thing that i can complain about...that 'Bat-voice' was annoying.
    test
  13. Living HeLL

Living HeLL real nigga shit

yea he sounded like he had rocks and an engine in his throat...i thoguht it was just me
    test
  14. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Bales batman voice in this film vastly improved reminding me of the animated series batman voice. Noone else drew this parallel between the two's grimy angered tone? I thought it was spot on when compared in this light.
    test
  15. Pyro Tecknik

the angry voice was the only thing on point.

they should have just had Kevin Conroy voice over Bale's regular Batman dialogue.
    test
  16. Mac Sabbath

Mac Sabbath New Member

I always knew he had potential, but I'm glad they made him a more realistic nutjob. Honestly, I never liked the original Batman movie because of the way the characters were so animated. Nicholson's great, but that Joker sucked. Plus Michael Keaton's an asshole.

Like I said in the other thread, people will oversell the dead guy, but Heath did a nice job with the role and it was in my opinion the best of the modern comic book flicks. If he were still alive, people would still flock to this movie and love the new take on the Joker.

I don't see any Batman villains following this one.
    test
  17. irnmanpierce

irnmanpierce New Member

i dont think heath stole the screen, i think it w wel acted on all parts ept maggie gyllenhaal. she was too dry.
    test
  18. BabyBoiZeke

BabyBoiZeke New Member

Overrated!?!?...That was like the best movie I've seen in 2008...Well besides Hancock...The Dark Knight was da Shiiit =]
    test
  19. Brahmio Leone

Brahmio Leone C'era Una Volta...

it lived up to the hype in my book... gotta agree with the critics who said it became much more than a comic book film and entered the vein of heat in terms of being a great crime saga

i have to echo XxKxX and Maca. when they say "wat was up with batmans voice, that put me off" and "I don't see any Batman villains following this one"

his voice first irritated me when i saw batman begins (actually started chuckling when i heard it), but i'm glad that nolan decided to get rid of the awful herky jerky camera motions whenever batman engaged in hand-to-hand combat for the second go-round.

but, i was blown away by this flick... a small part of me wants them to stop right here, because i sense grave disappointments up ahead. my expectations are as low as they can get, and maybe that's a good thing.
    test
  20. Brahmio Leone

Brahmio Leone C'era Una Volta...

johnny depp as the riddler?

article -> Batman bosses want Johnny Depp to play The Riddler | Herald Sun

and, who agrees with my idea that they bring in brad pitt to fill in for heath ledger as the joker? not to downplay ledger's brilliant performance (loved his voice, gestures, etc.), but it's not that hard to duplicate. the vision and writing behind him were the bread 'n butter. have pitt grow out his hair/dye it green, slap on the make-up, have him operate 1-hr. a night sleep and i think he could take it from there.

[​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.