basically, the only feedback that matters is from women...

Discussion in 'Audio Producers Discussions' started by urban_tactics, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. urban_tactics

urban_tactics aka johnny cockram

women are the harshest critics....their feedback overrides ALL ya'll feedback

if no women are feelin your tracks, then ya shit is weak...point blank....if u makin music and no women are feelin ya shit....u garbage, point blank.........it has nothing to do with your content....if they dont like it...shit aint gonna sell

keep that in mind when ya'll makin these so called "creative beats"

anybody can do that.......
    test
  2. SharkC

SharkC New Member

women statistically buy more records than men, so yeah your right if If making money is your main concern. Maybe it's also the reason why music sucks so bad in all genres cause most dudes i know don't buy records.
    test
  3. urban_tactics

nope...i'm right in general....because they dont let emotion of pride inhibit their opinion on music

as to dudes....they will hate on a song if its too soft....or not tough enough

as to women really dont care, as long as its good

ya'll do this shit all the time

"that beat is too happy"

corny statements like that.....shit that dont make no sense
    test
  4. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I have heard that radio only cares what a women likes.... so I agree with what you saying
    test
  5. Demandred

Demandred Buck-Fifty

Best way is to achieve the balance where women think your hot, but the men respect your music.... you'll prob would be rich :)
    test
  6. urban_tactics

men follow women tho....women run this world
    test
  7. sylentmind

sylentmind OHIOS BACK

but i dont agree wit that, cause u could of made like a mobb deep type beat or something like real dark, and ya girl say she dont like it cause its to dark, cause most girls wanna hear happy snap music, so u could of just lost a listing on a mob deep cd cause of ya gilr

i feel listening to yaself, my girl has the final say so doe, hahaha after i get done wit a track or a beat i let my girl listen, like if u was in the club and this song came on would u like it
    test
  8. R-Tistic

R-Tistic Your favorite DJ

Yeah...to me, I think females just don't judge it on specific things, and that they just give an overall judgement versus "those drums are soft".

But I donno....women only like catchy music, and to me, they never just like "the beat" itself....they are more into the catchy choruses and the one liners the rapper/singer has versus just the beat itself. For rap, they mainly like club music that they can dance to, or something they can sing along to.

And now that I think about it...many times, girls just like what they hear and are "conditioned" to like. There are many songs/beats that are trash to most of us, but females like it because it's simple and because they play it all the damn time and start singin it.
    test
  9. Demandred

Demandred Buck-Fifty

it's a little bit deeper than that

men follow women and women follow certain type of men (small number as well)

if you catch my drift

Women may in general control the cashflow thru the industry, but men control the industry

Women just like how a song makes them feel, they can give a shit about all the rest of the technical shit
    test
  10. Premize Prod

Premize Prod aka reggie kush

all this shit is irrelevant. cuz its to many holes in the shit. i mean generally speakin women tell the truth. point blank.

but yall goin to far sayin men follow women and shit. cuz if thast the case jayz wouldnt be who he is. and all that. i mean it all depends on the person and image. i mean any female you see on the street will say they love that lean wit it rock wit it, but they went wat bronze? so its gotta be a balance. shit that the women love and the streets love in order to be a success.
    test
  11. I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY

I SUCK AT POKER < DONKEY who fuen CARES

i dont agree totally, sometimes a huge female concern is if they like the looks of whoever is doing the music, like i guarantee pharells album will be a huge seller even tho it wasnt a very good album.
    test
  12. Auditory

Auditory New Member

I agree with this to a point. I dont think women is the ONLY feed that matters. but it defenetly really really does matter, especially now a days. i agree with dude who said thats why music is all gay now a days. Listen to the radio and you will see that 90% is geared towards women. Feed from a women is also good because they dont give a fuck if they hurt your feelings...and there also not gonna say ur shit is bunk cuz there hating on you. They will just blurt out what they feel. And yes men DO follow women. If theres a grip of bitches in a club, you best believe theres gonna be a grip of dudes. But if theres a grip of dudes in a club...there isn't necassarily gonna be a grip of bitches.

but on the other hand if your shopping tracks to the likes of brotha lynch, c-bo, ••••e 1...a women's opinion isn't that important
    test
  13. F Major

F Major Anti Gear Lust

there is a hole in this statement, but It really should read, "Basically when it comes to record sales, the only feedback that matters is from women", Cause you can still get a beat off to an artist if they think the shit fits what they are doing, even though women may hate the beat and the track. But I understand what you are saying. If they cant feel it you may as well not look at producing as a potential career, you may make a little money off of selling beats until the artist figure out why their product aint selling and drop the weakest link.
    test
  14. I-ki

I-ki New Member

LOLOLOLOLOL. I got that same "that beat is too happy" statement many times on my last beat. Thats why I was asking what they meant by "too happy" because it didnt make sense to me...

http://board.rapmusic.com/showthread.php?t=995448

^^Look how many "too happy" comments i got. Maybe it is, maybe it isnt... I really dont know.
    test
  15. Brownstar

Brownstar Davadrian

yeah, women matter a lot.. but i find often that they can't split a beat from a song. I can show them a single beat, and they'll be like 'not too much is going on'.. but when i show them a song/remix on that exact beat, then they'll be like 'whoa'... i do show my beats to a few girls, but i don't take their opinions that seriously.. i do with full tracks though.
    test
  16. JaMarcus Cock Sucker

JaMarcus Cock Sucker BOSS

yeah there is a hole in this statement...but I'm talkin about your overall work...not just certain beats....

if u findin that women generally aint feelin nothin u puttin out u might aswell hang it up

as far as the conditioning....

believe it or not, hip hop hasn't changed much....ppl just like to ride the cliche of sayin the stuff on radio is weak

I'm not gonna say the shit on radio is weak....because it aint

I will say they play too much of the same shit over and over on the radio....

when hip hop was introduced, its whole point was for ppl to have fun...party, drink...hook up, whateva....

now u kids wanna make depressin shit talking about pretty much nothin relevant....usin extended vocab and pretending that's real hip hop

truth be told...the purest form of hip hop is any club song........any club song that's got the ppl movin is real hip hop if u ask me

and if u aint down wit that then I personally think ur lame.....because everybody like women...and money...and partying...but when ppl rap about it, it turns into a problem

but that's beside the point....

my point i,m makin is, in order to be successful, u need to market to women accordingly
    test
  17. Medicinal

Medicinal nmljby

I remember a few years back I had the Common album (the one with "the light") about a month before it came out. I said to a girl I know. I have common's new album. She was like...who is that... I dont know who he is...... Then the song "the light" came out and all the females was loving it alot of girl's anthem for a minute... Next thing I know she was saying how she loved common and how he was so cute..... and the sells did well..... What I am saying is that he was not mainstream popular until the females started to love him...
    To me his best albums were before that album....
    test
  18. ALLWAYZ

ALLWAYZ New Member

tupac said this years ago
    test
  19. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

in the large scheme of things, yes women matter because women like whats on the radio and they buy more records and shit, but theyre pretty much conditioned to like that shit

but ive only sold 1 beat to a female ever.......so for right now when i simply wanna get my name out as a producer and dudes is buyin my beats.....the person whos buyin its opinion matters most
    test
  20. BPINCdef

BPINCdef Renaissance Man

and ive had females say it doesnt sound finished, or it needs something more, and the beat still sold, but then it wasnt a huge hit or anything, but that kinda the buyers fault he sucked, but i see where your comin from cuz if i sold a beat that got good female criticism its already in the ballpark of being radio accecpted
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.