baseball and basketball

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by zyclon B gas, Jul 12, 2013.

1. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

are two of the most boring fucking sports ever. right up there with tennis, biking, nascar and long distance running.

also, hockey is shit unless someone fights.

i'm going to a baseball game tonight, and thank god i have a date cuz otherwise i'd be snoozing. sport events that aren't football or soccer all depend on who you're with to make it a good time.

fuckin boring sports. i don't know why they get paid so much.
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 2
    test
  2. GoGoGadgetDick

GoGoGadgetDick Can't Touch This

If you took out "soccer" then I could kind of understand where you're coming from. (Kind of)

But Soccer is by far more boring than baseball, basketball, tennis, hockey etc. Soccer is only entertaining if the fans riot and stab each other, or it's the World Cup. (Which typically leads to the former)

I also don't consider Nascar a sport. I do agree about the relative lack of utility athletes (and other entertainers for that matter) give society and the ridiculous amount of money they bring in to do so.
    test
  3. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i agree that baseball and basketball are boring as fuck to watch on TV.

cant agree with you on hockey, but the others yes

i hate how for 85% of the year i have to sit through hours of exact same baseball highlights before i see any from a good sport... fuckin baseball and their 300 game seasons hogging up all the air time on sports central with shitty videos of dudes catching and throwing baseballs
    test
  4. GoGoGadgetDick

I'd also add that playoff hockey is a lot more entertaining to watch than regular season hockey.
    test
  5. J Keeper

J Keeper Super Jesus

I might be one of 3 people that is entertained by all major sports (except Nascar, but I enjoy rally car racing).
    test
  6. GoGoGadgetDick

I feel like soccer is a sport that poor countries play and that the US only plays until they move on to play real sports.
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah i can watch a rally sometimes... My homie in hs had a car geared up for rally and wed do some crazy assed shit with that car being untrained and stuff...good times...

cant watch nascar or formula 1
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

there are lulls in soccer, but overall it's constant movement and while it's not as entertaining, it does hold my interest for an entire game.

i guess it's similar to hockey. hockey and soccer get passes i guess.

football reigns as entertaining sports go. except fuckin commercials. jesus.
    test
  9. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

the world plays it. plays it better than the US. and the world generally plays every "american" sport better than the US, except basketball, and even then if the best of the best don't go out because they're premadonnas, the US gets shitted on.
    test
  10. Leila Night

Leila Night efrain,you're my one&only

I like most of the sports you mentioned. Especially basketball/soccer/hockey; they're just exciting to watch. The reason why I don't like watching sports is that they take far too long to end. Who has the patience.
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

hockey is the only sport i watch on purpose

and i didnt even watch a single game this year after the lockout. I dont even know who won the shit this year.

so busy. My tv stays on 4 channels and is just bg noise for my homework. Comedy, Natgeo, discovery, History. Fuck all the other channels in the ass with a spiked dildo

Tv is 99% stupid as fuck. From commercials to the programs.

fucking theres a "dude with a Metal detector" show!... who the fuck ever decided its interesting to watch poor men sweep empty lots and beaches with metal detectors? wtf?
    test
  12. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i dont think basketball is boring. tennis can also be interesting.
    test
  13. GoGoGadgetDick

Only a few countries consistently play Hockey better than the US, and a lot of those have hockey as their #1 sport whereas it's the 4th US sport AT BEST. In addition, the US is clearly one of the top countries at baseball, and a big reason why they don't win the international competitions is that they interfere with the professional seasons, and the teams/players care more about making money and the professional seasons than they do competing for their countries, so the US typically sends prospects/farmhands/undrafted college kids.

I don't consider Nascar a sport but I'd assume it's dominated by Americans.

Hell Stephen Strasburg was a sophomore/junior at San Diego State when he nearly no-hit the Cuban team and he wasn't even in the MLB yet. (He'd later be the number 1 pick by the Nationals)

I don't see how your point that the world plays soccer (and better than the US) is in any way correlated to how entertaining of a game it is. There's a lot of shit in the Olympics that the world plays, and it's still shitty. The only difference that the "world playing it" argument has is that it means that more of the world knows it's a shitty sport.
    test
  14. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

you said soccer is a game the US plays until it moves onto real sports and that only poor countries play it. the only "real" sport the US has is football, and that's interrupted by commercials every 2 minutes. the last 5 minutes of a football game takes about 30-45 minutes.

meanwhile, every other country plays it, and plays it well. it's always entertaining vs the US cuz we get creamed.

as for baseball, the US has all of the good players from south america and ties them up during international play unless it's the important. then the US gets creamed using big name players because all the good players go back to their native countries.

why do you think the US never makes it in hockey anymore in the olympics? everyone plays for their native countries and shits on the US.

tennis is not interesting.
    test
  15. GoGoGadgetDick

My point was that the majority of US kids play soccer in elementary and middle school and then move on from soccer in high school and college, whereas people in other countries consistently play soccer throughout their adolescence and adulthood, especially in poorer countries since soccer is one of the cheapest to play.

Definitions of "real sports" are subjective, but considering that soccer has very little contact, is infested with flopping, and is mostly long passes not executed well and a slow back and forth or shoot and miss/block followed by 2-3 minutes of dribbling until the next shot. Soccer is basically hockey but without any of the physicality and in super slow motion. I don't understand how you can trash any sport AND support soccer. That doesn't make sense.

And again, I don't get why you keep bringing up the world argument, it's not correlated to how entertaining the game is, so it doesn't help your case. It's not a fun game to watch regardless of how many countries play. Whether it's UEFA champions league, "Major League Soccer" (what a joke) or any other aspect of non World Cup soccer, it's still not entertaining.

The US made it to the finals of the Olympics in 2010 for hockey, and almost beat Canada for the gold.

Next, I think you're confusing "South America" with "Latin America" as the majority of foreign players are from the Dominican, with more from Mexico/Panama/Nicaragua than there are from Venezuela. You don't see many non Venezuelan South Americans in the MLB. I can't think of any off the top of my head actually. Even then, you're still wrong because those players play in the World Baseball Classic. Teams from Japan and South Korea (and Cuba) have no problem forming their superstar rosters while the USA mainly plays it's younger prospects. The USA has more restraints due to the MLB than the international countries players do.

Honestly, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Almost everything you said in this thread has been wrong. Please stop trying to talk about sports.

/Rant
    test
  16. GoGoGadgetDick

And just for the hell of it we also got silver in the 2002 Winter Olympics for hockey. In both men's and women's, and bronze for women's in 2006, and silver in men's and women's in 2010.
    test
  17. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

Cycling can be good
    test
  18. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

shows how long it's been since i've paid attention to baseball, and i don't pay attention to hockey. regardless, baseball is boring. way more boring than soccer. way more boring than basketball, and basketball is really boring. football/rugby > soccer > basketball > baseball > golf > tennis > racing
    test
  19. GoGoGadgetDick

That's actually not far from how I'd do the rankings. I'd switch golf and tennis, and move soccer to third to last, just ahead of golf and racing. Considering how far we were apart on earlier posts, our lists are a bit closer.
    test
  20. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

Gawd, football is one of the worst as far as boring goes. basketball is at least fast paced and has more action....at least at college/uni level.
    test