"Barry didnt sell the foul enough"

Discussion in 'Sports Central' started by Who Kares, May 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Who Kares

Who Kares not even your mother

wtf kind of stupid shit is this?.....

these clowns really get paid to say shit like that ?

a foul is a foul...what the fuck does selling it have to do with anything....
    test
  2. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

I am in the camp that believes you don't call that type of foul with under ten seconds left. The ref had already blown a call earlier by not resetting the shot clock when the Lakers' shot hit the rim. If they get that call right and the Spurs' are forced to foul, it may be a 4 point game instead of a 2 point game. Either way, things balanced themselves out.
    test
  3. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

All the players and coaches from both teams acknowledged that there was a little contact but no foul should've been called.
    test
  4. Your Idol

Your Idol ♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠

if you watch any nba game you're bound to hear at least 30 things that you thought were the most retarded things you've ever heard.
    test
  5. Ignorant

Ignorant Village Idiot

I think fouls should be called consistently throughout the game... meaning, if it was a foul in the 1st quarter... it should be a foul in the 4th quarter... if it was a foul when X player committed it... then it should be a foul when Y player commits it... fuck that... I'm all about consistency.

Like in football, I hate that they don't call pass interference in the closing seconds of a game when a hail mary is attempted... those receivers get thrown to the ground everytime and it's acceptable... I wanna see a fuckin' miracle again, but that can't happen if all the receivers get tackled before the ball gets there.
    test
  6. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

[​IMG]

He should have sold the foul like Ginobili sold the 3.
    test
  7. absolute zero

absolute zero Among the living

We can argue all day about this, but the truth is it's not really going to change, because when it does (wasn't it that UCLA game where dude just got bumped a bit with like .04 left and got to shoot free throws to win the game) then all of these "consistency" guys will be outraged that a MAJOR game can be decided by a light brush. I agree that if the foul is tremendously hard or outright flagrant then yes, but the fisher foul? No, don't call that.
    test
  8. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

annnd it all comes down to this: Don't put yourself in the position for the refs to win or lose the game for you.

They trailed all game, that was their fault. Not the stripes.
    test
  9. SeeSon

SeeSon New Member

Allowing a game to be determined by the refs is the eqivalent of allowing a fight to go to the judges, if you do that you really do not have a leg to stand on to complain or cry foul.
    test
  10. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

I NEVER EVER complain about officiating and usually subscribe to the "don't let it come down to the officials" line of thinking but that is provided the refs actually follow through on their job and call the game right. There's no doubt it was a foul (2 shot foul as he wasn't shooting when the contact occured) and it should've been called.

Joey Crawford shouldn't be calling Spurs playoff games btw.
    test
  11. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

kobe traveled 50 times on the play before that fisher shot hit the rim. the refs suck. oh yea everybody travels but every time bron travel it get magnified. hypocrites
    test
  12. seenz back

seenz back New Member

agreed.
    test
  13. mattafact

mattafact My album > yours.

anyone arguing that it was a foul is a bitter fool. what the tnt guys said was right, all barry had to do was jump into fisher instead of putting the ball on the floor and he's got 3 free throws FTW! instead..he dribbled, and THEN tried to jump into fisher..no. fail.
    test
  14. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

you don't make that call anyway tho
    test
  15. McCizoy

McCizoy Retired

Which is why it should've been a 2 shot foul. Point is Fisher landed right on him so there really wasn't a need to jump into Fisher and initiate contact. You shouldn't have to flop to get the referee to make a call as clear as that one should've been.
    test
  16. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Duncan ran all the way from the 3 point line to the goal for a layup.

and they didnt call that a foul either.
    test
  17. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

thats my point. everybody travels...when lebron travels the league is protecting him is what everybody says.
    test
  18. Shy

Shy a.k.a. Klear Eyed

Well....lebron travels more than most. Thats the problem.

dude takes the ball and runs 3 steps. Dribbles. Picks it up and takes 3 more steps, and finishes.
    test
  19. ~Eloquent

~Eloquent Narcissistic....

the refs didn't want to end up deciding the game by giving him 3 free throws at the end of a playoff game like that
    but if he reacted more like Ginobili and jumped more into Fisher than their would've been a lot more pressure to call a foul there
    its basically kind of an acting thing also....
    if it was regular season they probably would've called it just based on how it was though
    test
  20. Fatal is back

Fatal is back New Member

lol lebron don't do that. he did it once tho vs the c's in his rookie year. he traveled on one of his gw layups against the wizards tho
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.