Bands that everyone seems to like but you hate...

Discussion in 'Movies, Entertainment & Various Music Genres' started by Macabre, Mar 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Jeff makes money off views, not posts. I was just warning you because I'm not one of the real bad power trip mods, but you might not get so lucky elsewhere.
    test
  2. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

I agree with you on a music topic.

This might cause some shift in the universe.
    test
  3. .:Pain:.

.:Pain:. Futurely J. Keeper

I am offended at the amount of Sublime hate in this thread...
    test
  4. -Mac-

-Mac- Registered ABUSER

40oz to Freedom is a great album.
    test
  5. -Mac-

-Mac- Registered ABUSER

I actually agree with you.
    test
  6. thaRooster

thaRooster hahahahahhaha NO!

i dont even know

but the fact that people hate sublime blows my mind
    test
  7. Plekz

Plekz Guest

My list... Which Dex stole most of my thunder...

Linkin Park
    Korn
    The Misfits
    Metallica
    Disturbed
    Mudvanye
    Slipknot
    Powerman 5000
    The Deftones
    System of a Down
    Evanesence
    POD
    Limp Bizkit
    Saliva
    Drowning Pool
    Kid Rock
    Papa Roach
    Kitty
    Dave Mustaine and anything he's associated with...
    Anthrax
    Hoobastank
    Adema
    Red Hot Chillipeppers
    Primus
    Cradle Of Filth
    Danzig
    Incubus
    Nirvana
    Foo Fighters
    Staind
    Opeth
    Damage Plan
    Gwar

Basically anything Nu-Metal...

I wrote this 2 years ago on my Anti-LiveJournal blog...

Hmm... Where to begin? I'd like to first start off by saying that my opinion > yours... I'll be going off on a rant on people that listen to extremely talentless bands just to gain 'social acceptance' among each other or if (and that's a big if) they listen to the bands because they feel they can relate to them... If you listen to Nu-Metal (ie... KoRN, Slipknot, Linkin Park, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit) you fall into this category... Where's the talent in these bands? Singing? No, screaming at the top of your lungs is not considered 'singing', it's considered obnoxious and completely annoying... Guitars? Oh fuck no, playing the same two chords throughout an entire song with no change up, riffs, or guitar solo is highly talentless and shouldn't even be accepted into the genre 'Metal'...It's definitely not in the lyrics either, now-a-days all these bands 'scream' about are abuse, drugs and alcohol, or how no one likes them, well there's an obvious reason for why nobody likes you, faggots... You people who contribute to these bands by purchasing their mindless dribble or go to their so-called shows are in one of my categories of people that I would like to watch suffer a slow horribly painful death... I have problems of my own and the last thing I want to hear is some faggot scream about his childhood abuse, drug or alcohol addiction, or how no one likes them, at the top of his lungs while his talentless band mates strike the same two chords throughout the song... Just so you mindless drones can feel like you're 'socially acceptable' by people who couldn't actually give a fuck about you or your problems... And I know that most of you people only listen to this worthless crap because your 'supposed' friends do... If you're one of those people, you should seriously head to your local hardware store and purchase some rope in order to return home and hang yourself from the ceiling fan in your living room just so your family can come home to find your lifeless body swaying back and forth over the stool you kicked out from under yourself, and realize just how gay you were for listening to bullshit music... I swear the day I end up loosing my perspective on life and going insane, I will literally slaughter the first person I see walking down the street wearing a Nu-Metal band t-shirt, with a rusty blunt object...
    test
  8. D. MonEy25

D. MonEy25 Gifted With The Words

heh i like Nu Metal... Esp. Linkin Park, P.O.D. & Saliva. Disturbed did a badass remake of Phil Colin's Land of Confusion. And for every person that hates a band there are 10 million people that like that band. No need to get psycho because someone like's a band you think is a piece of shit. Because when it comes down to it, youre not listening to it.
    test
  9. straight_evil

straight_evil Mrs. Sole

Linkin Park.. garbage.
    test
  10. TruKaos

TruKaos I'll Box Your Ears

Green Day, Jet

i really hate bands like Nickelback, Creed, Breaking Benjamin, Staind, Theory of a Deadman, Crossfade, etc. they all sound exactly the same and make equally bad music.

i also hate christian bands.
    test
  11. Nam Dekan

Nam Dekan i got a tip in my pocket

test
  12. Dex P. LaMorte

Dex P. LaMorte New Member

we just have a good sense of what horrifically shitty music is.
    test
  13. Dex P. LaMorte

word.

that pretty much sums up the rest of my list.

with the exception of the deftones and nirvana. I don't know, there's just something I like about both bands. the deftones have become less rap influenced with every album which is nice.
    test
  14. Dex P. LaMorte

I somehow forgot that I hate the Grateful Dead with a passion.
    test
  15. Plekz

Plekz Guest

Nirvana, in their own right were ok... But I feel the best grunge band to come out of Seattle was Alice in Chains... The Deftones, I haven't heard alot of their material but from what I have heard it was enough to deter me from hearing anymore...
    test
  16. abztrakt

abztrakt the impossible cool.

I agree with pretty much everything on Komplekz's list, except Nirvana, Deftones, and older Incubus. Then add AC/DC, CCR, The Eagles, Guns 'n Roses, Staind, Nickelback, Phish, solo Ozzy, and Grateful Dead. But I don't think anyone actually LIKES Grateful Dead's music anyway, they just buy in to the image.
    test
  17. Ed E Brock

Ed E Brock RM's version of this guy

yeah, i agreed with much of komplex's aswell... but not with the deftones, nirvana is ok, and i don't hate incubus.
    test
  18. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Good list. Except I like Nirvana and about one Deftones album.

I'm just really glad you put up Primus, and would like to underline it 1000 times.

They may be the worst band of all time, in any genre of music.
    test
  19. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

Agreed.

Plus the same description could be used on the Insane Clown Posse.

What a waste of space those guys were.
    test
  20. Macabre

Macabre via Fatality

I've heard Christian bands with more talent than most regular rock bands.

The fact they're singing about loving god and not dipping babies in battery acid seriously takes away from their appeal though.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.