BAiT AND SWITCH! HOGAN! FLAIR! STING! RANDOM SWERVE HEEL TURN!

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by abzinthe, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YounG Doo Rag G

YounG Doo Rag G 4 POUND

I whole heartedly agree with everything u jus said
    test
  2. Diasick

Diasick this guy

he was never really a heel because the fans still respected him and cheered him most of the time.. if you wan't to be a heel you got to get on the fans untill they loose respect in you.. and stop cheering you.... when they started nwo i don't care what hogan did he would of still been cheered...he basically turned his back on the fans and on wcw by turning heel back in the day.. and still was cheered.. even with wwe's nwo run he fucking ran into the rock with a semi and was the most over in there match at wrestlemania... i seriously don't think hogan liked being booed at all.. which is why he wouldn't stay heel for long... some wrestlers prefer to be booed.
    test
  3. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

If you count being the only wrestler to have garbage and shit thrown at him on a consistent basis for what he was doing as a character as being respected then yeah Hogan was never really a heel. lolwut
    test
  4. Diasick

Diasick this guy

how long did that last tho? hogan could never be a consistent heel because the fans love him to much... he could murder all the faces in the company and still be loved by the fans.. hell he could murder his wife and pull a benoit and still be loved...
    test
  5. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

Hogan was getting boo'd in WCW before he turned heel, which was why it wasn't a hard decision to make it official.
    test
  6. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

They had to edit in cheers almost anytime he made an appearance.

Besides the fact that his shtick was looking old and corny years before even leaving WWF, he was looked at as the outside guy from the North coming in and running shit in WCW. People actually would've preferred homespun heroes like Flair and Sting whooping his ass.

Kinda like a John Cena going into ECW territory.
    test
  7. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Years. For the better part of his career in WCW most likely.

This was a full year after the day of his heel turn, and he had shit thrown at him for the entire segment:
    [youtube]LuMtcBJWxo8[/youtube]
    test
  8. Diasick

Diasick this guy

he was getting heat because of eric.. if he would of done this on his own he wouldnt of been a very effective heel.. with cena, cena isn't really a face because he gets more boo's than cheers.. i think cena is the reason wwe had decided to go pg because all the kids cheer for him....

edge and jericho are to guys that can play the heel role so good that the fans will actually lose respect in them as a person.. hogan cant be that guy..
    test
  9. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

people only cared about eric because of his association with the nwo.
    test
  10. abz is dead.

abz is dead. bobby the brain

At this point, I'm pretty sure Gut is just arguing ridiculous points for attention, which is why he's suddenly a huge TNA mark.

He's the new Chop Stick.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  11. Diasick

Diasick this guy

not even close.... if they keep putting shows up like they did on impact i would rather be a TNA mark than a foolish WWE mark.. I basically watch wwe because there's nothing else better on wrestling wise.. but if TNA keeps doing shows like they did on monday("I doubt they will") then I will DVR impact and actually watch it, TNA mark? it will take more consistency on there part to make me become a fan of the product.. but they could do it if they do more good shows.... impact was decent for a change, maybe it was just because of sting going off, but i do give them props for impact.
    test
  12. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

The first episode of the Russo-Bischoff era of WCW made for a good show as well.

In order to succeed with the wild west approach to a wrestling show, you have to be willing and capable of trying to top yourself each and every week. Only prime ECW has shown the ability to do this.
    test
  13. YounG Doo Rag G

YounG Doo Rag G 4 POUND

both wrestling shows on monday fucking sucked tho...

im rootin 4 tna...i love wrestling...n i take the good with the bad...which is why id watch impact ecw n smackdown more than raw...bc i dont really kare if i miss the guest host stuff...

4 the most part...ive been very excited about hogan coming to tna...and i have to say this was the worst impact yet...so i dunno how hyped i am for the new monday night wars...after being semi disappointed...i actually watched the replay last night of impact...bc on monday...i was drinkin with a friend as we were watching..but yea..

i watch wrestling...regardless...i am a fan...and watching wrestling with my dad and brothers is my earliest memory...so ill continue to watch it regardless...

but both shows monday, sucked imo, they had thier moments...but wuteva...

and yea...i think gut jus talkin out his ass
    test
  14. Sabbath

Sabbath Regicidal

- Next week, TNA needs a really good reason why Sting is a heel now. I'm guessing it'll just be he feels unappreciated because of Hogan taking over. Could go somewhere good, but likely won't. Hogan legdrop, hype over.

- close the abyss-aj story asap. it's stupid. If they insist on Hogan vs. Flair with new guys involved, a simple personal vendetta story between flair and hogan will suffice. Doesn't have to be over a stupid fucking ring. Flair genuinely dislikes Hogan.

- waltman and hall need revenge on eric young. young got his revenge on waltman pretty convincingly so why are we watching destination x again?

- I like the Kennedy-angle story because kennedy is decent at insulting the troops. What I don't like is that Kennedy was beat down by them already. Storyline climaxed.

Let's see what happens.
    test
  15. YounG Doo Rag G

YounG Doo Rag G 4 POUND

man...i fucking hate abyss
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.