Back Pain... need relief!

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Odysseus, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odysseus

Odysseus a marvelous muthafucka

I duno wtf I did to my back... but I'm not feeling so good. My lower back has constant irritating pain running thru it, and its been like that for a few weeks.

Maybe its because I stand for hours at a time at work. Thats the only thing I can really think of, but I've had jobs where I had to stand like that for years now and I havent had any pain until recently.

I dont really do heavy lifting. I might have had to lift my heavy ass dog once. I used to jump rope a few months ago, but I almost never jump now because of it.
    It also starts hurting when I sit in a chair for some reason. I dont sit on my ass alot either. I'm fairly active, but I cant see myself staying healthy with this pain stopping me from doing exercise.

Anyone know of any good treatments/techniques/exercises/stretches for this kind of shit? Its driving me crazy.
    test
  2. Steve Schade

Steve Schade Bears>you

Do you have health insurance?
    test
  3. Ben Official

Ben Official Active Member

my buddy has one of these, not this one but something like it and im borrowing it right now because god damn it feels good to use it

[​IMG]

i cant remember where he got his but it was like 20 bucks and its black leather, a little more comfy looking than this one, but it makes my back feel so good, you just lye on it and it stretches out your back.

when i sit in my classes my back really fucking irritates me sometimes and it feels great to come lay on this. its a lot cheaper than a back massage or a chiropractor.
    test
  4. Odysseus

no i dont

but the pain is not that bad that I need a doctor

I just need to stretch my shit out or something

My mom actually went to the doctor a while ago for lower back pain, and the doctor just told her to do crunches every day for about a month. She did it and it worked.

i've been slacking on the abdomen dept honestly.. I've started doing crunches first thing in the morning and I feel a lil better so far...

Ben whats that thing called?
    test
  5. Ben Official

a back stretcher
    test
  6. GuYaNeSe_KiNg

GuYaNeSe_KiNg New Member

You may need to strengthen your lower back. Try planks, supermans, back-extensions, wall walking, etc

If I were you I'd still go see a doctor though. Just in case.
    test
  7. Odysseus

I do have a physical coming up for something unrelated. I will mention it while I'm there.

I will try to stretch my back and read up on those exercises. Thanks.
    test
  8. Mighty GK

Mighty GK omg 2012

you need to strengthen your back cuz I have this exact same thing like..2 days ago lol. word for word that u are describing.

the pain comes out after like..an hour and a half or 2 hours of standing right?????? and its not so bad that u wanna go to a doctor but its just that annoying "I feel like I'm not rested enough so my back hurts" pain.........???

if so then its what I have/had. I went to the gym with my buddy and did some back workouts yesterday...all of that pain was in my LOWER back..but now I just feel my upper back recovering from the workout and the lower is perfectly fine.

so if its the same as mine u just need to strengthen ur back a bit and u should be good...but then again I'm not sure if ur situation is exactly the same as mine.
    test
  9. Odysseus

^ Yeah thats sounds about it

It hurts the most when I sit in a chair tho. I can have perfect posture in the most comfortable chair ever, but after a lil while I start feeling the pressure on my back.

I've started doing light core exercises every morning. Sure its only been 2 days so far, but I'm starting to "forget" that my back hurts a lil bit more often.
    test
  10. Ben Official

i dont know if its a lack of back exercises, i do a lot of back exercises. man, today when i sat in my lecture that shit was KILLLLLLING MEEE man. I know exactly what your feeling. I think its because I have my lap top on this coffee table and I'm sitting on a couch. So I lean over whenever I need to type a paper or be on it, which is bad for my back. The back stretcher works like a charm, I just need to stop hunching over like this and find a desk or some shit instead of this coffee table. I don't think its due to having a weak back, because my back is really strong. But you never know... mine is due to my bad posture when I'm on the computer most likely, if your not doing something like this it could be just a weak lower back, but I would guess its from awhile of bad posture or having to hunch over a lot.
    test
  11. BLOODraven

BLOODraven New Member

this stretch works real well

lay on your stomache, extend ur arms out (your whole body should form a cross) bring your right foot to your left hand, then back to the starting position. Then left foot to right hand, back to starting position. do that a few times

take a hot bath use icy hot pads and u'll be cool.
    test
  12. Dahnamics

Dahnamics Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

icy hot and vicodin usually does the trick
    test
  13. Odysseus

im feeling pretty good now

tiger balm and more crunches healed me
    test
  14. LiveFromThe781

LiveFromThe781 Don Of The Den

yeah my back gets fucked from doing ab-rollouts and i dont think the deadlifts help either...ill be sitting in class and BAM i get this short and sweet sharp pain right at my lower spine that makes me fuckin jump. i know its stupid but im not going to stop either exercise, i probaly just need to work on my form or something.
    test
  15. Ben Official

yea by a lifting belt, thats fucked up. my back kills me when im in class a lot, like doesnt hurt but just feels uncomfortable as fuck like it needs to be cracked real bad.
    test
  16. LiveFromThe781

i dont want to use a lifting belt, i heard theyre not too good and when you use one the adominals arent used. i honestly get the worst back pains from the roll outs idk what it is its like when im stretched out that far my spine cant take it. im thinking it may be posture related? i havent exactly had the best posture my whole life, ive spent a lot of time on the computer, slouching, and sleeping on couches/my side and also spent a lot of time out of school so maybe a vistit to the chiropracter is in order
    test
  17. Dahnamics

Dahnamics Bitch, Don't Kill My Vibe

tiger balm is the shit, i didnt thoroughly wash my hands tho once, and ended up scratching my nuts..

it wasa horrible 20 minutes..
    test
  18. supacilious

supacilious master of ceremonies

[​IMG]

the one on the right is an exagerated lordisis curve in the spine. this also makes your upper back round to compensate for the unnatural lower curve.

a lot of times people develop postural imbalances. To fix this for the most part you need to bring up your Ab and glute strength.

I suck at all abdomen stuff, so i know my abs are weak and i will address that.
    test
  19. LiveFromThe781

i went to the mall recently and GNC had one of those massage chairs on display, that shit was niiiiiiiiiiiice, practically relieved all the discomfort and tension in my back. fuck a chiropractor, a trip to the mall once a month is all i need haha.
    test
  20. Macmili

Macmili Thorough

^^word, they took mine down though cuz they caught on to me

and if your having back pains I heard from a bodybuilder in my gym that if you stand on a railroad track rail and fall backwards so that your back lands on the other rail, it'll make you feel so much better.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.