[AWARDS] RSTL Awards for Season II

Discussion in 'The Rapmusic Storytelling/Topical League' started by Shadow, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

[​IMG]

I'm am going to keep this locked but I will be updating this thread as i finish awards.

test
  2. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Biggest Whiner

[​IMG]

The nominees are:

- Got Life? for not only whining about how poor the topics are but also whining about poor moderation, poor voters, poor writers, poor statuses of the league as well as other things.

- Lyrical Priest for pretty much complaining about not getting his way in matches or in life.

The winner of the Biggest Whiner Award goes to…………..

Got Life?

Got Life has the reputation of being the league complainer. If there seems to be any ray of light coming from the league, Got Life? will snuff it out and show all the negatives about it. Sure he may be accurate with some of his statements but does that mean the league needs to hear about it or even care about it? Probably not, but until Got Life? decides to give into the new culture of the league, he will find something to complain about. Thus earning him the “Biggest Whiner Award”

test
  3. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Worst Mod of the year
    (What moderator has done the least or is the most hated in the past year?)

[​IMG]

And the nominees are….

- Riot and to be brutally honest, I don’t even remember him being a mod of the league. I remember T.a.C. mentioning something but I can’t, for the life of me, remember what he did. Although I never complained about him, which tells me that he did something.

- No Good and still I’m pretty sure No Good was a mod during the year but was a mod during the early stages. No Good was plagued with problems in life and military duties and what not and decided that it wasn’t fair to continue being a mod.

- Lyrical Priest was the newest mod of the RSTL. He came into the league with a lot of ideas and zeal BUT in the end, he was just blowing smoke up everyone’s butts.

The winner of the Worst Mod of the Year Award goes to…….

Lyrical Priest

Lyrical Priest started out with a lot of desire and ideas to get the league back to its former glory. The first couple of weeks were a huge help to T.a.C and I but soon LP stopped doing anything consistently. His magazines were losing substance as well has being tardy. He was very inconsistent in the voting booth nor was he an active writer in the league. His "I have a life" argument became old and everyone stopped caring and wanted change. In the end, LP became a huge disappointment as a mod and set a terrible example for other writers in the league, which ultimately gave him the “Worst Mod of the Year” Award.

test
  4. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Biggest EGO of the Year

[​IMG]

This award goes to the writer who just thinks they can do no wrong. Whether they really are as good as they say they are, is another story. The nominees are…..

- Got Life?

- Lyrical Priest

- Coup d'etat

And the winner is…..

Got Life?

Got Life? is the biggest asset to the RSTL in history. You need proof? Just asking him. Got Life? isn’t beneath letting the world know how superior he is to everyone in practically every way imaginable. If there really is anyone with a bigger ego than Got Life?, and they join the RSTL, then we really are in for an interesting few weeks.
    test
  5. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

MOD of the Year
    (What moderator has held it down the most in 05’?)

[​IMG]

And the nominees for the Mod of the Year Award are as follows....

ShadowWarriorfs – This guy has been the most consistent Mod of the RSTL.

T.a.C. – The most creative Mod of the RSTL. When things need to get promoted, T.a.C is the one to get the word out. Is it due to his Super Mod status, perhaps but he’s still a solid Mod.

And the winner is….

ShadowWarriorfs.

Shadow has given all he has to the RSTL and continues to do so. Despite his real life commitments, Shadow seems to bleed RSTL.

test
  6. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Lamest Voter
    (Whose voting just flat out sucks?)

[​IMG]

And the nominees, and I’m not including any of the one week writers, are….

- Lyrical Priest

And the Winner is……

Lyrical Priest.

Lyrical priest has been blasted for his horrid, one-sided votes. The issue with LP’s votes is that he doesn’t seem to really read the verses. He only skims through verses and randomly selects a winner. Sometimes he is pretty blatant with his lack of reading. Got Life dedicated a section of the magazine to this, which I’ll kindly share again in a section. I called, Got Votes?.

Got Votes?

As we all know voting is an intricate part of the RSTL and is part of what keeps the league going. If people just posted verses and didn’t get feedback on them to elevate and expand their writing there would be no standard for quality and the league would be over-run with retards like Chase Murda who floods the open mic with the same garbage “gangsta” drops on a weekly basis.
    While there is always the issue of random new kids coming into the league who tend to be bad writers and bad voters, one person in particular has really irked me with the way he addresses voting. Via pm claiming that voting is a “chore”. Regardless of whether you like to vote or not, I decided to put a spotlight on LyricalPriest’s voting this week to showcase why he’s quite possibly the worst voter in the RSTL and why the votes he casts offer no benefit to anyone involved.
    In a battle where mrjdm got pretty much swept he was offered the insight by Priest that he’s a talented writer with “great word delivery” ($5 to whoever clues me into wtf that is) with “sicksicksick!” rhymes and a “hella” entertaing and creative as fuck verse. While in reality most of the voters found the verse to have lackluster rhymes that needed to be enhanced. A story which didn’t really offer much beyond the whole abduction concept and a lot of details missing from the development of the verse into something truly enjoyable. All in all, the vote provided by Priest offered absolutely none of these critiques that are necessary for mrjdm to evolve as a writer, and what the vote did entail was some fanboy hype and filler fluff. On the other side of the table he called a verse about “Frodo” cliché. I don’t know about the rest of you in the RSTL, but I can’t remember the last time I saw someone write a hip hop storytelling topical verse about a hobbit from the shire and relate it to the internal struggles of the character and how it correlates universally to mankind. It truly begs the question, did Priest actually read either verse or does he simply read the votes already cast and base some jumbled opinion from there.
    Let’s look on…
    Only 7 minutes prior to the above vote (which means he took all of 7 minutes to read Cigma’s/mrjdm’s verses and vote on the battle) we have the following vote from Priest.
    In a battle where TaC was already up 5-0, priest writes about how Tac’s verse had an awesome approach with a more in depth and elaborate story while telling obsent to take the criticism and advice offered by 4 other writers in the league (while offering no critique or advice of his own) and then casts his vote for obsent? For a more unique verse with better rhyme quality? Truly some amazing rhymes from obsent huh? For example he rhymes killer with kill her, you say with you away, while with style, would see with could be…Starting to notice the trend here? These rhymes are about as wow worthy as the cat in the hat had a bat or a gat that he swung at a knat until it went splat…BRAT! Seriously though, unjustified voting like this really irks me and it just shows a “I could give a fuck less” attitude towards how much effort you put into voting.
    That brilliant vote took a whopping 9 minutes between reading both verses and then coming up with such a conclusion.
    Let’s look on.

test
  7. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

continued

While I don’t expect to ever get any feedback or criticism of any worth from someone that can’t formulate a sentence that doesn’t want to make me take a red pen to my screen, the feedback to shadow was you had good rhymes, but not as good as GL’s, you had an interesting story, but not as unique as GL’s and your mechanics were perfect (but bland!?) compared to GL’s? I mean really? What kind of feedback is that? I actually gave Shadow really concise feedback on his verse which was probably better feedback than anyone else gave him this week, however this vote literally says nothing. It’s like a pat on the back of you did pretty well, but he’s just better than you type of deal. It doesn’t say anything about connecting his beginning of his verse better with the ending. It doesn’t address what about the rhymes could be better or how about this intricate question…what the fuck are bland mechanics?
    Also while it’s not even worth quoting, his feedback on Nom’s verse was “hey this was a cool verse” If you take out all the grammatical errors and retarded mannerisms. Now that truly is a very constructive way to help people improve on their writing.
    Now I’m sure he’s going to look at this like a personal attack at him, but honestly. What is the point of being involved in the league, especially as a moderator, if you put zero effort into your involvement? Personally I’m insulted that people give this kid quality feedback and actually read his verses trying to help him improve and all he does is slap some bullshit together, draw a name out of a hat, and call it a vote.​
    test
  8. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Best Voter
    (Who consistently gives the best feedback and fairest votes?)

[​IMG]

The nominees for the best voter award are…

Cigma – Cigma always gives in depth feedback that help better the writer. Breaking down mostly every line of each story. You can always count on him to really be consistent and fair in his votes

Coup – Coup can give very good votes but the problem with him is that he is very inconsistent with his votes, when he votes at all.

Got Life? – Got Life is probably the most scrutinized voter in the league mainly because he doesn’t hold back on telling someone they suck. If you can get passed the verbal abuse and look into what he is trying to say, you can actually see a lot of good advice in his votes.

However the winner of the Best Voter award goes to….

Cigma

test
  9. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Missing in Action
    (Who fell off the face of the Earth in 2011?)

[​IMG]

The nominees of the MIA award are…

Pain

Pent uP

ErykahCaine

Born Deaf

Lucifa

Fac3

To win this award, people had to have cared that you left, knew or even cared you were part of the league. This eliminates Fac3, Lucifa, Born Deaf immediately. Next, we eliminate people who were inconsistent which removes Pent uP from the list. Finally this leaves Erykah and Pain, both of which were enjoyable depending on the reader. Which writer was most enjoyed by the voters of their time, who knows but what I do know is that we miss having women in the league. So, the winner of the MIA Award goes to…

ErykahCaine

test
  10. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

No-Show King of the Year
    (Who never shows up for anything with their name on it?)

[​IMG]

The nominees of this embarrassing award go to…

MK

DaAlmightyDolla

This award goes to the person who could never seem to show up to any match despite how easy the victory would be for them. We had several people who no showed and were not mentioned because either they were vets who returned to the league or faggots who were already terrible writers to begin with. The winner of this award goes to someone who, despite their talents, always came up with excuses as to why he couldn’t make it. The other participants found this a bit much. So, the winner of the No-Show King of the Year Award goes to….

MK/Riot
    test
  11. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Worse Writer of the Year
    (Whose verses just don’t make shit for sense sometimes?)

[​IMG]

The nominees of this award are..

LyricalPriest

Breathless

To be honest, I forgot who was really labeled as terrible in this league. I’m not even sure Breathless was even ‘terrible’ so, the winner of the Worse Writer of the Year award goes to….

LyricalPriest

You see the problem with LyricalPriest is not that he doesn’t have the potential to be a good writer but he is too darn lazy to really improve his work. LP can show some flashes of light with this stories but more often than not, he falls back into the same slump of terrible wording, spelling, grammar and stories. These are some of the many reasons writers have deemed LyricalPriest as the Worse Writer of the Year.

test
  12. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Most Improved
    (Whose writing has progressed the most in the past year?)

[​IMG]

The nominees for the Most Improved Writer Award are…

TaC

IamBent

Shadow

And the winner of the Most Improved Writer Award goes to….

T.a.C.

T.a.C has really worked on some of the areas that really hurt him last season. He has become more enjoyable and most important, is open to criticism to improve his work despite how mean it can be. T.a.C still has more improvement to do with his wording. Fixing this can allow him to move into the next tier of writers. Congratulations T.a.C. on improving so much this season.
    test
  13. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Rookie of the Year
    (Who came out of nowhere to do some damage in 2011?)

[​IMG]

The nominees of the Rookie of the Year Award are..

IamBent

Breathless

Fairydance

And the Winner of the Rookie of the Year award goes to…

IamBent

IamBent went from a writing style that was somewhat sloppy and uncreative to something that gave him Champion status. Well done Bent.

test
  14. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Best Flow of the Year Award
    (Whose writing is silky smooth from beginning to end?)

[​IMG]

The Nominees of the Best Flow Award are…

Nom

Nu’Maan

Got Life?

Cigma

IamBent

And the Winner of the Best Flow of the Year Award is…

billy nomates.

Nom has always had a consistent flow even when he decides to give it little to no effort. Good work Nom.

test
  15. Shadow

Shadow Kotaro's Master

Most Consistent Writer of the Year
    (Who is the most consistent week in and week out?)

[​IMG]

The nominees of the Most Consistent Writer of the Year are…

Got Life?

Shadow

T.a.C

And the winner of the Most Consistent Writer of the Year Award goes to…

Shadow

It’s hard to argue with someone who has participate in every single week of the season.

test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.