Avoiding mistakes when dealing with Godless Atheists

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by IAmBenT, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

I have actually.
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

in a way ur right. U can only come to him if he calls u. Cus we don't have the power to accept him by our own knowledge or strength. However if they were serious about "wanting"to God doesn't take that lightly an if we ask he will provide. So if they genuinely asked to know him. He would reveal himself to them.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

I've answers this several times.
    test
  4. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

please dont make urself look stupid with a "god spoke to me and turned my life around" bullshit story just stay off the shrooms :smokin2:
    test
  5. Fatty Goodness

Fatty Goodness Registered Bruiser

respect to the OP.
    test
  6. the omega man

the omega man so, it goes

It's not a copout...no matter what belief you hold, whether it be scientific or religious, you always end up back at something being eternal.

Until you disprove the existence of eternity then you can't disprove God.

its funny that atheists tend to believe in eternality but cannot seem to believe that that which is eternal might possible be a sentinel
    test
  7. the omega man

Moreover, I can ask the scientist who created the big bang just as easy as a scientist can ask me who created God....but in both situations the question is pointless
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I think most people in here have a problem with religion, not that there might be a higher power

which is my stance

relgion doesnt matter

just be a good person
    test
  9. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

nobody can disprove whether we all turn into god's prostitute after we die but that doesn't mean we should practice being on our knees all our life. the burden of prove is on religion for prove if your a believer in rational thinking. the burden of prove is on science if ur either to dumb to believe in common sense or your 2 scared to for fear of afterlife consequences.
    test
  10. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

the big bang is a scientific explanation to how the universe was started. that ends there. the "who created god" question is simply answered as "uhhhh nobody created god...god just...is" thats a neverending question
    test
  11. the omega man

that was a stupid answer....
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

u must not have heard what the discoverer of the big bang said about creation
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

u must not have heard what the bible said about creation
    test
  14. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

questioning life is pointless? stupid statement
    test
  15. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

it is a cop out, because it's basically just a divine loophole to reality. where did god come from? from god. it's a question that answers itself. that wouldn't make sense with any other concept (be it eternal or not), and it doesn't make sense here either.

you say atheists still believe that some things are eternal... lets say you choose energy as your example. you might say it's eternal because it can't be created or destroyed.. but let's say you ask me what my ideas are on where it came from in the first place, or why it exists rather than not existing. would you accept my answer if i told you that it's without a cause, that energy exists simply because it always has and always will?

to make things even worse, every argument for god's existence is based on the idea that creation is necessary for anything to exist. it's apparently impossible that existence could extend for all eternity with no creator or cause, yet we're supposed to buy that god's existence itself needs no creation. all glory to the divine loophole.
    test
  16. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i honestly don't remember man

is it pointless to ask, or do we just not know the answers? they're perfectly valid questions as far as i can tell

i've yet to ever meet a christian who thinks its pointless to ask who created the big bang... that's one of the main arguments that people actually use to assert the existence of god.

as for scientists, 'what caused the big bang' has always been a very relevant question. its just not an easy one to answer
    test
  17. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Sure you can, just because eternity exists does not mean that it is sentient in any way.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.