Avoiding mistakes when dealing with Godless Atheists

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by IAmBenT, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

Artificial selection, bacteria's resistance to anti-biotics, fossils, radioactive dating. It is a fact. It's a fact so widely accepted that anyone that considers it to be a "theory" is laughed at.
    test
  2. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

who created the creator, its good ol story of the chicken and the egg..

evolution is real, but for it to be real, there should be a common dennominator, a divine intelliegence that drives it, i am not speaking about a personafied god..

we started as quarks and atoms and eventually became human beings, you all must grasp just how..insane this really is. i just..find it so incredibly hard to believe its just by chance, and believe me i ve tried..but it just wouldnt make any sense if there wasnt some sort of a dual system going on, a spiritual evolution with a physical one.

because atheists and/or scientists naturally believe there is nothing after death or before life, there would be no form of jurisdiction or consequence to our actions in life, wahatever they are..

so i could just go around murdering children and women and people, raping, taking, abusing, bullying..it wouldnt matter in the end, according to an atheist

let me put it this way, if that were our universe, then i curse its meaningless existance with every cell of my body and say..this is bullshit..

so i am not saying i know for sure what the truth is, but it wouldnt make an ounce of sense to be born in such a biologically advanced body for nothing in the end..

i believe science and spirituality go extremely well together, and both are what makes us human.
    test
  3. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

honestly the ancient astronaut theory, to me, is more believable than random evolution. at least there is a consciousness there
    test
  4. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

word.. a lot of people find god when looking for the answers to the 'why' behind all the math and science.. i just have a lot of trouble trusting that the concept is an accurate one. we superimpose 'consciousness' onto the universe because consciousness is how we understand existence. we do this with everything, personify it to death.

if god isn't real, the universe 'wouldn't make sense' to some humans. this demonstrates only our own inability to grasp any of this shit. we have what wits our evolution granted us, but really we aren't that smart. not when we're talking about questions like what is the meaning to existence. if there even is one, it's probably way over our heads.

but yea, i honestly think that bad people do get away with bad shit all the time. karma to me seems like nothing more than wishful thinking.
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

aliens are far more likely to have started life on earth than a magic man in the sky
    test
  6. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

really? lol. and u think god has been proven? have u seen him? met him? anybody has? any prove? been to heaven? been to hell? no no no no no no and no! evolution has been proven truthful more than god HAS EVER BEEN. ALL of the bible is just theory NOT FACT! it was written by a bunch of HUMANS sitting around NOT LOOKING AT DATA OR AN EXPERIMENT OF ANY TYPE. how hard is that for u to at least comprehend? u dont have to agree at least understand a basic concept of theory vs. evidence
    test
  7. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

You. Don't. Understand. Anything.

Whether it's because you don't have the ability to understand, or whether you choose not to understand because it would destroy your fairytale world view is irrelevant. The fact remains...YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND.

Evolution IS proven. If you listened in biology class for even 10 minutes you would realize that most everything about the natural world supports this. Not to mention the fact that speciation has been documented.../facepalm All you creationists do is cry "No transitionals!" which is bullshit considering we have transitional fossils and that you fail to realize that EVERY fossil is transitional.

You have also proven in this thread that you don't understand the nature of morality. Absolute morality IS a myth. Something is NOT good or bad regardless of circumstance or context, which is what your primitive god says. We know this to not be the case.
    test
  8. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

I didn't. I used an analogy of taking a test an pretending u weren't there for it
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

you said math test

:)

next time say "clown school final exam"
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

Who created God.
    ? Christianity answers the question of who made God in the very first verse of the very first book, Genesis: In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth (Genesis 1:1) This verse tells us that God was acting before time when He created the universe. Many other verses from the New Testament tell us that God was acting before time began, and so, He created time, along with the other dimensions of our universe:
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

An here it is throughout the bible.
    No, we speak of God's secret wisdom, a wisdom that has been hidden and that God destined for our glory before time began. (1 Corinthians 2:7) This grace was given us in Christ Jesus before the beginning of time (2 Timothy 1:9) The hope of eternal life, which God... promised before the beginning of time (Titus 1:2) To the only God our Savior, through Jesus Christ our Lord, be glory, majesty, dominion and authority, before all time and now and forever. Amen. (Jude 1:25
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

did I say that or did I just put evolution on the same plain as God.
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

"It can't be until its proven dude. Just cus someone says "ya so its basicly a fact" doesn't make it a fact."

^^^yea you did. you claim bullshit is fact on the regular based on "someone said it so its basically a fact"
    test
  14. TheBigPayback

I believe God u believe man.
    test
  15. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

u've never spoken to god. u were born twenty some years ago and u read a book called the bible written by a MANNNNN. or did the book fly down from heaven? dont answer that
    test
  16. the omega man

the omega man so, it goes

Good point, but the problem for atheists is that it is not that simple. Sure anyone can lie to themselves and others that they believe in God but that doesn't mean they do. The Christian God requires that his followers believe in him wholeheartedly to get into heaven. So for an Atheist to just "say" he believes in God will do him no justice anyway.

So it's not a simple answer to just say you believe in God, nor is it simple to wake up one morning and truly believe in God. Therefore, someone just saying they believe in God to secure their future "just in case" he's real is pointless, because it won't be sincere and can never be sincere unless the one making the claim truly believes it in his heart. And, he can't believe it in his heart just because some Christian told him it was a good idea.

So, how does a logical and skeptical atheist protect himself from the fires of hell? It's impossible...and if it is impossible then either God does not want everyone to get saved (which will put into question his goodness) or he does not exist at all.
    test
  17. the omega man

the omega man so, it goes

Moreover, I hate when atheists ask, "Who Created God?"

That shows the ignorance on the part of atheist.

Asking who created God is a self-defeating question with no end. It's like asking someone to draw a square circle. God is eternal. Are atheists unaware of this widely held belief by Christians? How can something that is eternal be created?

I am not trying to argue for the existence or non existence of God. I am just trying to weed out the stupid arguments.
    test
  18. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Well the only problem with this is "Who created god?" is not a stupid argument at all. It's merely the rhetorical question that points out one of the many flaws in accepting that god exists. The believer will say that everything had to be created and that god is that creator. Asking who created god simply points out that you cannot have it both ways. Either nothing needed to be created or everything requires a creator and there is no LOGICAL reason to think god would be exempt from that. So if the universe required a creator which the universe itself creates so much, the it's creator would also require a creator ad infinitum.
    test
  19. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

^cosign. it's a cop out man.. people fall back on 'god is eternal' because they have too much pride to say 'i don't know' when asked where god comes from. it's a way to sound like you've taken an absolute stance without actually addressing the question at hand.

the bottom line is that regardless of whether god is eternal, asking what caused god to exist or why god exists are perfectly valid questions when discussing the logical basis for creation over "evolution from chaos."

they're just pretty hard questions to answer so it's obvious why believers wouldn't want to have to address them.
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

god could be aliens.

energy created everything else
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.