Avoiding mistakes when dealing with Godless Atheists

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by IAmBenT, May 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

Like the title? :COD:

People with faith, don't allow atheists to bully you around and misalign your faith. Do not be afraid to call a spade a spade, Even Jesus laid the wood down on non-believers:

Mathew 12:16, 23:22, and 17:17. After reasonable discussion, let a viper know what he is when he/she goes too far with insults and vitriol, and has gotten away from facts and reason, at the end of the day, they are trying to harm the faith of Christians, don't let them off lightly. This doesnt really happen here, I think everyone has respectful dialogue and truth-seeking, but other sites its pretty terrible.

1. stop labeling atheists. They are people too lol. they are not stupid. they are not moral degenerates. Many of them are really awesome people, ask them questions to find out where they stand.

2. Don't ignore their questions. however you dont have to answer everything. if you don't know its ok, follow Christ' example of humility, then go study

3. Atheism is not a religion. Its like telling a christian "Your God is a bully", its just gonna create a block to good communication

4. Back what you say up with bible and facts when you can. Dont always pressure atheists for facts. no one has all documentation for everything they say all the time

5. Avoid false pride. If you are wrong, its ok to admit it. It doesnt mean you are wrong about Christianity, just like saying "the car was red" when it was really green doesnt mean cars dont exist.

Hopefully this will help foster real spiritual discussion with the atheists you come across on your path.
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

How to deal with brainless religious types...

1. Insult and ridicule their beliefs. No one takes birthers seriously, or cults, or people who believe in lizard overlords, so why do religious followers get treated with kid gloves? Bash away.

2. Answer their questions. Answer everything. Answer with facts, logic, and sound reason. When they have no real response, resort to #1.

3. Ask religious types for facts. At this point they will undoubtedly reach for their holy book, which is like asking a fan of Disney to prove the Beast exists and they grab their DVD of Beauty and the Beast. They won't have any of course, resort to #1.

The end
    test
  3. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

I dont think its possible to avoid sounding like your saying a fairy tale when your religious. because we will point out specific facts and religious folk will continue to post bible verses and say things like "god told (whoever) that blah blah blah" and "it was proven that god blah blah blah" then when we ask for prove we get stupid religious websites or a documentary name.
    test
  4. TheIlliterate

TheIlliterate Well-Known Member

-1 respect for bent
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Lol
    lol. What fact was that.
    test
  6. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

your daily sermons lol
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

No u said "cus we will point out different facts" I'm wondering what facts uve pointed out.
    test
  8. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

its very easy..keep all religion/ spiritual talk to yourself, it is no ones duty to fix another human being. everyone has their own beliefs on life and the universe and thats ok.. it is indeed a very individual, private thing.

i am very sure most atheists wouldnt mind someone who is religious, but doesnt flaunt his or her relgion or tries to enforce it on others. and vice verse..
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Also Atheists, dont be fooled into thinking you will go to hell or be punished for not believing in the bible stories and rules of religion

you dont need religion to know how to be a good person, and thats all that matters

:)
    test
  10. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

actually i said "point out specific facts" as in something we can all observe with our eyes. if your wondering what those "specific facts" are read all over multiple forums
    test
  11. TheBigPayback

U wouldn't imo if it was simply based on humanities standards. That's how we know. Because we have a higher standard of knowing right from wrong. We hold these truths as Self Evident. Otherwise is just ur opinion vs bin ladens. So ya u know it cus its instinctive. U know it cus its written in ur heart.
    test
  12. TheBigPayback

Also u can say u don't agree, but that's all ur doing is Saying u don't agree. It's not that u really don't.
    test
  13. TheBigPayback

oh. U mean point out "different facts" like the "theory of evolution" right.
    test
  14. The Steve

Evolution isn't a theory.
    test
  15. TheBigPayback

Until its possible to definitively prove it is.
    test
  16. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

I feel im more right than anyone who believes that if you dont believe in their religion you go to hell

I feel that right down to my soul, I believe that religion doesnt matter. I believe that you should just be a good person and thats all you need.

I feel that even though you believe what you do, and i believe what i do, in the end the same thing will happen to both of us
    test
  17. TheBigPayback

U can choose to believe that but say ur taking a math test u can choose to believe if u don't respond to your teacher when she calls your name that u won't fail the test just cus u don't acknowledge it but would u really want to test that conclusion especially if there is no way to retake it if u guess wrong?
    test
  18. The Steve

Evolution is a fact. How many times does this have to be drilled into that tiny malfunctioning brain of yours?
    test
  19. TheBigPayback

It can't be until its proven dude. Just cus someone says "ya so its basicly a fact" doesn't make it a fact.
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

dont use math as an analogy cuz math is proven, there is no proof what you preach is correct

and say it was some sort of class. Knowing that the info they are gonna teach me wasnt fact, i wouldnt go in expecting to learn any facts.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.