avid believer that documentary actors need to be more realistic ...

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Nu'maaN, Aug 6, 2013.

1. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

... and less shit, in acting.

they take away from the entire story they're trying to tell me in the docco.

especially the re-enactment scenes that involve some sort of tragedy, i swear the worst fucking actors.

:numaan:
    test
  2. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

Shouldn't be acting at all.

The American thirst for dramatisation makes 98% of the documentaries out utter shit.

The remaining 2% are the BBC Science/Horizon/Panorama shows not on anything political.
    test
  3. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

Agreed, lame acting really doesn't do the docu's any favors.
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

sometimes it's good to see the scene panned out, if it involves a murder, etc.

the best doccos are the ones that use real security footage to tell the story, not shit acting.

agreed.

don't know if it's classified as documentaries, but david attenborough >

last night i saw him go into the largest woodlands found in the world, the trees were fucking epic.

test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

todays neat fact : the tallest tree in the world is in california

its 380ft tall
    test
  6. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

My problem is the emotion tied to it. I'd rather have computer models. To have good actin you have to have the emotion done right and frankly that shit shouldn't be included at all.

It's bad enough having to put up with eyewitness accounts. All they ever consist of is how scared Doreen Skavinsky from Rhode Island was. It ruins Air Crash Investigation (I know). "Omg we heard a bang and I thought of my grandson who I just bought a dildo. I thought I'd never get to see him use it" Shut up and draw me a diagram.

I'm not huge on nature shows but David Attenborough pretty much has had that shit locked down since like 1980 from what I understand.
    test
  7. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

the ones david was showing me was the redwoods.

[​IMG]

image doesn't do the place justice at all, watch the planet earth series he's got, fucking astonishing.

hahahahhah.

this thread spawned because of an air crash investigation episode i was semi watching last night.

the fucking pilots sit there pretending like fuckheads, and the passengers just make the ordeal seem funny.

test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah man, pretty sure ive seen it and some others, Nat Geo is my shit and theyve done a few specials and magazines on it.

its pretty much the only shit aside from comedy channel i have on in the background. That is when fuckin ceasar milan or the goddamn tuna fishermen arent on it lol
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

we have a similar sounding show called Mayday

its the same idea though, and yeah now that you guys brought it up i hate the passenger re-enactments.

I saw one where the plane broke up and this stewardess free fell 6miles in the tail section of the plane and lived....that was pretty amazing... and one where a pilot got half sucked out and they held on to him and he ended up living...
    test