auto body shops bring in pretty good $$$ dont they?

Discussion in 'Car & Audio' started by De'yon, Aug 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

cause I should start my auto collision repaire and paint classe either this fall or the spring....I'ma also take upulstry class ............

cause its somthin I've always wanted to learn to do and I'm always hearing about independent guys painting cars and bring in 1-2 grand+the cost of the paint suplies and buisness is boomin...like 2-3 cars a week and their paintjobs look like shit...and they dont do any custom paint stuff at all
    test
  2. Polar

Polar Rep Levels Are Ghey

depends on the quality of your work.
    test
  3. AKay47

AKay47 ImYourGirlsFavoriteRapper

Helll yeah they make money.
    Anything automotive aftermarket makes money if you offer quality and competitive prices.
    You should get a body shop, register it with whatever state you will work out of so you can do insurance repairs and also do custom work.
    And you will make a killing trust me.
    But as a worker i dont think you will make much, those places usually get people from auto shop classes at technical high schools and pay em decent money but nothing to dedicate the rest of your life to.
    I had my 03 accord hit on the bumper they wanted to charge me 900 to do it had it been thru insurance maybe like 1300 to get a new bumper paint it and put it on.
    I found a new bumper for 225 on line at a wholesale genuine honda web site. and Could have it painted and installed for 200 more.
    so you do the math on the mark up.
    AKay
    test
  4. De'yon

De'yon Hustle Payper On the Beat

instead of working or a shop I wanna try and talk my pops into letting me do work out of his auto shop theirs a huge spot in the back that would be perfect for a spray booth........only problem is I would only be able to work on sundays and every other saturday cause those are the days the auto shop is closed.......

I'm pretty good wit and airbrush righte now but i dont know anything about etting the levels or anything and Ive seen seats be recovered before but I havent been quite brave enoughe to just go and try and recover my seats..

I'm also looking into fiberglass classes......cause fiberglass boxes cost out the ass down hear........their so expensive that the shop that makes em has only sold like 6 in over 3 years...

what coould realy make some cash off of is if I talked my dad into buying a cnc machine......cause you cant even get a custom set of wheels hear...

when I sit and think the custom car scene in west texas consist of 100% consumers and 0 supliers....that is unless its for lifted off road trucks....their a shop about 20 miles away that will custom build a hydrolic lift kit for any truck that goes for like a 6"-over 18"s of lift...the kits look crazy when installed
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.