ATTN: NYC residents...

Discussion in 'Overtime: Off-Topic Discussion' started by BLAZE-WON, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

i can definately agree with that.

Like i said it's just a job opp for me. Just wanted to weigh my options and check out apts in certain areas to see what i'd be looking at.
    I wouldn't even consider it if i wasn't being offered better work.
    test
  2. CarlWeathers

CarlWeathers New Member

[funny][funny][funny]oh shit son
    test
  3. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

hhahahahahaha, i was waiting for someone to catch that.
    test
  4. Getty Free

Getty Free New Member

This is damn true...I found this all out the long way around. The family on the subway shit kills me too, specially when the bitch with the stroller parks it right in front of the fucking door that only 1/2 opens!

RE: Taxes: Hell yes, NY State taxes your shit, as does the Fed. NJ has a lower sales tax and probably a lower income tax too.

Living in the 5 borouighs will allow you to rely on MTA (for better or worse) to get you around which will knock down your car expenses (except for parking that shit-look for a place with a parking space, if you're lucky).

I would consider heavily looking in Hoboken or Jersey City, which you can get to and from Manhattan via PATH trains, will have slightly lower rents than in NYC, and will be easier paced than living in BK/Qns/BX/Manhattan. The further from Manhattan you live, the lower your rent will be and the bigger place you should be able to find. I live in Midwood, in some illegal Hasidic slumlord run joint and I pay a low rent but have to ride the train for 30-60 mins to get to Manhattan.

Its a toss up whether you'd be better off moving here, on the real. If you've got a job lined up, that's a plus. Honestly, except for the Grindtime events and EOW and maybe Freestyle Mondays, the scene here is pretty dead...I don't know, I kinda fellback from going to shows, but the main thing is that NY crowds are not trying to be hella supportive, so beware if you're coming here to try to develop a performing resume.

Hope this helps
    test
  5. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

yeah man thanks.
    BTW i've been peeping creative juices for a minute

used to love them ol freestyle vids with alucard and swave
    test
  6. Getty Free

Getty Free New Member

No doubt man...IDE and Alu and Critical need to make some more vids and get that shit crackin again..they're all lab rats tho, can't be bothered!
    test
  7. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

yeah that shit was mad long ago too.

that shit where swave said "your deal came with strings and i'm the puppet master"

FUCK!
    test
  8. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

There are more events popping now than there were two years ago, including my own, Brown Bag Thursday, which is pretty much the only event seeing EOW right now, but from a different angle.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  9. Getty Free

Getty Free New Member

where is that?
    test
  10. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

i didnt read all of the stuff in here, because im sure most of it is about places in NY and to be honest i dont know anything about that.. what i do know is this. and please take me very seriously..

moving from TX to any of the 3 major metros(NY,CHI,LA) is a slap in the face. i have family down in texas and they are absolutely fucking amazed at what it costs to live where i do. in DFW, you can get a 3 bedroom house for around 180k. my 2BR condo cost me close to that. then its the cost of living situation. taxes are fucking insane(we pay 10% sales tax here) and the general cost of everything is inflated as fuck.

im on track to retire sometime in my 30s, and when i do im buying a nice spot on lake travis and chillin man.. fuck living up here. so if i were you, i would think long and hard about making that move my dude.
    test
  11. Soul Khansenses

Soul Khansenses Soul Khansenses

Voodoo Lounge at 1st ave between 1st and 2nd street in Manhattan. Tomorrow we've got PH, Lifelong, Premonition, Godhead, and Joe Columbo.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  12. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

Oh trust me homie...
    Dallas is the shit right now. The economic situation is still great here. TX is one of the least affected states by the economy.

I have a two bed/twobath apt in North Dallas for $595. Granted it's not in the best places but it's still a good apt. And i know that rediculously cheap compared to anywhere else on the map.

Crazy @ Lake Travis. The Resort company i work for, we sell property at Lake Whitney, TX which is about an hour north of there. White Bluff Resort - Home

You should check it out. Cool spot if you looking for resort properties out in TX.
    test
  13. Eyerate

Eyerate The Definition of Real..

yea thats retarded cheap.. a decent 2/2 where i live is around 1400/month.

ive got a buddy who actually just passed away(RIP, was only 32) who had a 5br on lake travis. fucking gorgeous property. ATX is where its at.

edit: i hadto double check, but my condo is a 2/1.1 and just my second room markets out at 725$ [funny]
    test
  14. BLAZE-WON

BLAZE-WON GOD BODY

Hahaha damn.

Thats nothing tho...i lived in OKC for a couple years and had 1 bed/1bath 800 sq ft for $295 a month, bills paid.
    OKC is rediculously cheap man. My homeboy up the just got a 3 bed/2 bath house fr 90k. And it's in a great neighborhood.
    It's hard to find a good paying job up there tho.

But ATX is cool. I wouldn't live there but its a great place to visit and do shows. Well...i would live there if i was single...lol
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.