Attention Beat makers

Discussion in 'Audio Help & Tips' started by Xpurt n1, Jul 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xpurt n1

Xpurt n1 Guest

Too make a good beat..

Do you xpurt beat makers lay out the bass first.. or lay out the kicks ... or lay out the toons first..

What do u lay out first.. then follow up to get you song...

Can u lay out a process u do, and in what programs u do those progresses in.

Thanks
    test
  2. cj mandarin

cj mandarin CJMandarin Productions

i usually either have a sample or a melody first. then come the drums, then usually bassline then i work on additional and chorus elements. then sequencing and mixing.

i work mainly in logic audio for my sequencing and mixing and use some of my vst instruments but i use reason whenever im sampling to get an idea of what the drums should sound like.
    test
  3. PG-13

PG-13 Kiss My Ass

Good Beat Makers Start with an idea .. If the Drums come 1st they lay the Drums if bass Comes 1st they Lay the Bass and So on.. Basically they Layout what they have. Simple
    test
  4. CompassSaviour

CompassSaviour Got no brain, goin insane

I usually lay the drums in first, or the bass line.

Not usually a melody.
    test
  5. RAWproductionz

RAWproductionz Hip-hop is not rap.....

1. melody/sample
    2. snare
    3. hh/percussion
    4. kick
    5. bass
    6. chorus elements
    7. extra drums/layering
    test
  6. Xabiton

Xabiton RM Veteran

1.Kick
    2. Snare
    3. Bass
    4. Melody
    5. Hook
    test
  7. War Machine

War Machine Sam Antics

i find the song ima chop up

i listen to the whole thing, then i go back an listen again, an stop at a point that i think sounds hot an that i can sample...i do that until the song ends. i end up with about 8-15 samples usually, i eq, reverb, stretch, pitch, compress, watever i feel like duing to the samples. then i make a boom bap drum skeme an build a melody with the/or some of the samples around the drum skeme. then i re-open the drum skeme up and make it more complex and fit the melody better. then after the drums match the melody, i lay the bassline down over the drums, so the bass always hits exactly where its supposed to, to match a drum sequence or melody. then, i adjust the pitches of the bass, so that all the notes of the bass are right for the drums an melody. then i adjust all the volume so i can hear the drums clearly an the melody wont overshine the vocals or drums, an make sure the bass is loud but not overpowering. then i mix it down, for the main loop. i dont htink u wanna hear how i get a full beat though haha.
    test
  8. The Wicked One

The Wicked One New Member

Ive Made Beats Using Different Orders, But I Found It Easier To Do It Like This. 1. Drums 2. Bass 3.melody
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.