Attack on Titan

Discussion in 'The Library' started by Superman70, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Superman70

Superman70 edited

this show has been getting a lot of praise.

I'm on episode 3 so far.

It's on hulu but I signed up for Crunchyroll and the resolution is much better.

test
  2. Superman70

Superman70 edited

sn: i tried watching a bit of this show on hulu, crunchyroll, and the version i downloaded for comparison, and all the translations were different
    test
  3. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

i've recently heard about it as well. it's all the rage in the streaming sites right now.

only 15 eps in, so i'll wait a while on that one.
    test
  4. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i've been watching it on crunchyroll. 30 day trial.

hulu plus has it but crunchyroll is better res.

i'm up to episode 14 and it's good. i wouldn't rank it with the best yet, but worth watching.
    test
  5. Pyronoa Zoro

What are you moving on to next?
    test
  6. Superman70

Superman70 edited

not sure yet, someone recommended evangelion.

mght start one of the more lengthy ones also. choice between bleach, naruto, and one piece
    test
  7. Pyronoa Zoro

meh. it's alight. there's a newer one that more concisely retells the first series.

you ever watch the original naruto? i'd recommend that instead of jumping right into naruto shipp. Definitely start with the Naruto series. Then One Piece. Bleach if you have the time.
    test
  8. Pyronoa Zoro

So, I finally started this. It's great. By the 3rd ep. I could tell it was going to be in my top 15 at least. Reminds me of Claymore, which I highly recommend...except, the ending to the short-lived anime ruined it, but the manga is great...which reminds me, i'm like 5 years behind on that.

(possible spoilers)

Anyways, I thought this was going to be another Gurren Lagan...you know what i mean. I was like, fuck that...not again. not again. I almost stopped watching after that episode. I couldn't accept it...to the point that throughout the next episode, all I could think about was how he could survive that. Then, I realized he wasn't actually chomped to death...while his limb(s) were bitten off, he was essentially swallowed whole. He could still be alive...somehow. Then more Titans kept showing up during that ep. and the next(close ups, more detailed and distinct) and something about them bothered me...they looked eerily similar to some of the villagers that had been eaten. I started to think, if the titans are taking after some of the consumed villagers...then with that incredible, pyroesque willpower, he could possibly mentally overpower that titan that ate him and be alive as a Titan...though i'd prefer he were human, but alive is alive. Then, about 2 episodes later...he's saving mikaza and obliterating the other titans. I then realized I watch far too much anime, if I was able to somewhat accurately formulate such a plot twist while watching it. that and the fact gurren lagan traumatized me.
    test
  9. Superman70

Superman70 edited

but did you ever finish PMMM?

you need to get back on that shit
    test
  10. Superman70

Superman70 edited

I didnt know Claymore stll came out. I havent seen that one yet.

AoT has been very good and interesting. Seems to take forever for things to happen sometimes though.
    test
  11. Pyronoa Zoro

No, I keep forgetting about it.

Claymore(manga) is still ongoing, I believe. I think the anime caught up to the manga so they decided to end it.

It's pace is actually relatively fast. Especially the first 10 episodes or so. you might only think so, because of how intense the beginning was. don't be so impatient.
    I'm at the part where the female titan shows up.
    test
  12. Superman70

Superman70 edited

this nigga just got ate again.
    test
  13. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

My reaction as well.
    test
  14. Majestic1990

Majestic1990 Peace and Love

The Attack On Titan first season has ended already, and to be honest, it started off good but season ended horribly.

{possible spoilers below}
    The first 7 or 8 episodes were exciting, and the plot was interesting and starting to build, but they just left too many questions unanswered and the pacing of the plot was extremely slow. Having to wait 2 or 3 episodes to find out the answer to a plot twist is not fun.

On top of that some episodes were really gorey and unnecessarily cannibalistic

I'm not usually a critic but this is what I thought about it.
    test
  15. Superman70

Superman70 edited

It's definitely an interesting show but I agree it moves too slow sometimes.

Didnt have a problem with the gore.

Looks like Eren is finally starting to do things.

The show isnt as smart or as entertaining as others so far, but it's a pretty good combination.

Still havent finished since he was eaten again since my Crunchyroll trial ran out but I might download or something.
    test
  16. Majestic1990

Majestic1990 Peace and Love

The biggest most interesting part to me about Attack on Titan was the titans and where they come from..and also more about life outside of the Walls.

I think they should have answered that and it leaves a big hole in the series...without those main things being answered it completely turned me off from the anime.

You use CrunchyRoll? I usually use Watchanimeon, it seems pretty consistent, clean and not loaded down with ads like a lot of other sites. They just need to add dubs
    test