athiest push their views on people as much

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

props on the dostoyevsky reference, but everything you just wrote misses the point entirely.

communism is atheistic, but communism is not atheism. i am an atheist, but i am not a communist. i believe in no such utopia.

i never said it was impossible to kill in the name of godlessness. i even listed a specific hypothetical example of what that might look like. i simply listed the reasons why i think your examples do not fit this description. you say 'whatever their motives' as if to dismiss these other reasons for the killings, yet intent means everything when examining the nature of a crime.

also, the assertion that we're trying to displace god is simply untrue. you might say we're trying to displace the church. god, for whatever he might or might not be, doesn't really enter the equation in everyday human affairs. you can say you know god's will but that does not make it so.
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

then the proper term shouldn't be atheist.. or agnostic but more ignostic from what u described
    test
  3. reggie jax

well, actually i think you are partially correct and also my statement above was incorrect. i sometimes forget about perception. to a man that believes god divined this book and wants u to follow it, we are trying to displace god. from our point of view, however, religion is not gods word but one of man's many traditions. thus from an atheistic p.o.v. we simply seek to replace one tradition with another.
    test
  4. reggie jax

but i do think you're also partially correct because the god which we proclaim not to exist is based entirely on the god of the church. i'm not nearly so willing to say that nothing intelligent could have designed existence. so the term atheist might even be flawed for someone like me. but generally speaking people place more emphasis on tradition than they do on concepts, so when atheists say there is no god everybody knows which god we are referring to.
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

like-wise b/c my theist point of views aren't like those of a theist stance i wouldn't know really much about how they feel or think other then, they don't believe anything i say.. god forbid them
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

yes ignostic seem to be the more popular theme amongst the atheist on RM
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

they are two different things

like black and white
    test
  8. lyricalpriest

but black and white aren't two different things tho
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yes they are

one is black, one is white
    test
  10. lyricalpriest

black and white aren't different they merely are in contrast to each other..
    test
  11. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

and the contrast makes the difference
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

but they all belong to the same color spectrum
    test
  13. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

and on that spectrum they differ
    test
  14. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

that statement you just made should shed some light on your soul...
    all of everything, from atheists to christians, the view of heaven and hell, to stardust and frog rectums...they are all part of the same god spectrum...
    there is no exclusive afterlife club open to only those who exist in a mere fragment of the perceived entirety
    test
  15. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

This question has been answered ad nauseum, stop being a disingenuous fuck and acting like you forgot.
    test
  16. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

i really want to know why the devout christians think atheists are "so bent on telling religious people they're wrong"

This does not happen (rarely, maybe) unless the atheist is spurred by a christian telling them christianity is right

there is no atheist movement or pushing of views

religious people being told they are wrong is a result of them telling nonreligious they are wrong

atheists don't give a fuck until religious beliefs are crammed up their ass
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah ive never witnessed this either
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

You both must have skipped the link in the op
    test
  19. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

I did not read the whole thread, but I agree with thread title.

It's not pushed hard by the individual fool or the individual zombie-brainwashed follower of atheism in a preaching sense. It's not given a specific time alloted to push it like every Sabbath day or even on sop boxes...

Rather,

It's indoctrinated and instilled by deceptive forces unto the youthful mind in schools, in mainstream entertainments (books, history, movies, news, TV, radio, thoughts and it's the fabric the 'life' now). You cannot escape it on earth; you have to wear the armor of God to defend the constant assault and reinforcement that grandpa was a rock, that the universe is old and that life is pointless so do what feels good. If you believe any ounce of humanist rhetoric you are being played.

It's so instilled that most think we are parasites on earth and that 'mother' is earth. Bizarre. Tell a lie long enough, loud enough and often enough people will believe it, especially the kids.

Atheist push it harder than the Saints of Christ do in teaching of Truth. We Saints have to start doing a better job. We are the salt of the earth. We preserve God's Truth and show how to save souls.

Let's get to work.
    test
  20. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Does not even BEGIN to compare to the pushiness of theists. Even vocal atheists like me, are not even in the ballpark of you cretins.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.