athiest push their views on people as much

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

damn man, shrooms are usually closer to 10 a gram here, and losing a lot of potency by the time they come around, generally i gotta eat between an 8th and a quarter to have a nice intense trip
    test
  2. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

don't forget the millions stalin killed and pol pot.. and the millions upon billion's of innocent lifes that are taken by abortion.. all in the name of atheism ..

but no this is true.. the difference lies here.. the theist, genuinely feels that they are serving their fellow brother and sister when they minister the word of god ..

where as the atheist SPIT on all things spiritual and god like... off the mere notion that empirically we can not prove GOD exists.. but IMHO

Existence period is proof that god exists..

atheist believe existence is just proof of existence

neither should be wrong but only one is right.
    test
  3. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

lmao @ women aborting their babies 'in the name of atheism.' keep up the good work.
    test
  4. lyricalpriest

it's the atheist that are pro-life

and the theist that are pro- choice right

i'll wait for you to come to ur senses and correct me
    test
  5. lyricalpriest

now a theist can have an abortion.. and go against god.. but the law that was passed is a secular law, and for it to be normalized is an atheist ideology
    test
  6. breathlesss

we live in america...where the separation of church and state is about as separate as the peanut butter in the chocolate of reese's

a government law shouldn't even be allowed to be considered secular or not, and just because something doesn't go directly in line with a certain view of literal christianity doesn't make it "in the name of atheism"
    test
  7. reggie jax

i wasn't disputing that there's religious significance to the abortion issue. that's not nearly the same as claiming the abortions are carried out in the name of a particular ideology.

here's what you're saying really boils down to: does the woman abort her child to further an atheistic agenda? only a fool would say yes. she aborts the child because she does not want it. secular thinking might influence her decision, but the act itself is born out of her own personal and pragmatic reasons.

the same really applies to your stalin/mao examples. they killed millions, mostly through starvation, in the process of building an empire. the ultimate aim wasn't to secure atheism as an ideology, it was to secure the power structures that they were intending to build. thus to say those millions were killed for atheism is no different than saying the millions of africans and native americans killed in the process of building the american empire were killed for christianity. it's just quite simply not true.

i generally don't even bother with the 'religion causes wars/genocides/killings' angle because that's mostly an antiquated argument (imo). we have other reasons to kill now. but there is a clear difference between a christian murdering a abortion doctor based on their beliefs or a muslim blowing up a cafe based on theirs, and someone who happens to be atheist killing somebody for a personal reason or out of a lust for power. when someone kills someone else with the distinct intent of furthering the goals of atheism as an ideology (im not saying this hasn't happened, i just can't think of any examples) then you may make the comparison. it's not out of the realm of possibility: an atheist could attack a crowd of church goers based on their hatred of religion. that would be a crime based on atheism. but your current examples are disingenuous at best.
    test
  8. breathlesss

well... not initially...but, ya can't forget about the Manifest Destiny movement
    test
  9. reggie jax

you could make the same argument for the conquistadors in south america who used similar religious symbolism, yet were they really conquering for christ or were they conquering for spoils?
    test
  10. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

not all theists are anti abortion
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

fair enough.. I'm sorry I'm not as seasoned in rhetoric as you are.. but I am pretty sure that, Abortion isn't a theist ideology. and that atheist are the ones that normalized it into society.. forcing theist to accept the pro-choice stance .. even tho it goes against liberty and theist ideology..

it's like sayin' that U.S. wasn't founded on christian principles and ideologies and that the US wasn't formed by christian leaders.. that's why we have certain laws against murder theft etc..

as for stalin pol pot etc.. you raise a tough argument to counter.. I wish I was more educated in the area to contest what you said.. and i could.. but it'd be copy and paste job.. that i won't do to you
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

how do you know for sure?

youre making an assumption, because you cant prove that atheists normalized it.

there are Tons of people who believe in god and still support pro choice

i think you are thinkin that theist means goes to church and follows the religions doctrines...
    test
  13. breathlesss

although not necessarily a "law" it was a driving force for the government's justification to the people of conquering lands

the divine fate to expand the borders of america from coast to coast is just a nice way of telling people "god says it's okay for us to be murderers in certain occasions"
    test
  14. lyricalpriest

Theist culminate all religions and spiritual theories..

more generally tho when i reference it i'm mentioning christianity ideologies b/c that's what im most familiar with

and your right not all chistians are pro-life.. those are the same ones that go to gay clubs on the weekend and then go to church on sunday pray as loud as possible and flash the twenty before putting it into the tithing plate.. they are hipocrites and conform to secular society to be accepted b/c they don't want God they want people to approve them
    test
  15. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

christians who preach intolerance are no better than atheists who push their views down peoples throats
    test
  16. reggie jax

1) you could make the argument that the secularization of western society plays an important role in our current stance on abortion, thus secular ideology has indirectly led to the deaths of millions of fetuses. it's still not abortion in the name of secularism, though. the abortions are performed for personal reasons. secular thinking is however responsible for making them possible.

2) america was only founded on christian values in the broader sense that western civilization in general came to embrace those values after rome adopted christianity. but the actual laws and principles that the country was founded on were based much more on english common law than any religious text. and since the people who first settled over here were in fact christian extremists who had sought to escape persecution for their views by the church of england's leadership and england's king, one of the core values of this country is the freedom of religious expression. this is the foundation of secular society, which is what we have in america today.

3) in regards to the stalin/mao argument, you don't have to copy/paste. i'd be willing to look over any links which are claiming that these men's actions were primarily motivated by atheism. i've not read a lot on the subject myself, but every legitimate source i have read lists other more practical reasons for their crimes.
    test
  17. reggie jax

yea, i'm not disputing any of that. but look at it this way. if the indians had all simultaneously converted to christianity and proclaimed their love for jesus, would that really have changed anything? america was going to expand. they used the religious symbolism which they found appropriate to justify doing so, but one way or the other it was going to happen.
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

The crimes of atheism have generally been perpetrated through a hubristic ideology that sees man, not God, as the creator of values. Using the latest techniques of science and technology, man seeks to displace God and create a secular utopia here on earth. Of course if some people - the Jews, the landowners, the unfit, or the handicapped - have to be eliminated in order to achieve this utopia, this is a price the atheist tyrants and their apologists have shown themselves quite willing to pay. Thus they confirm the truth of Fyodor Dostoyevsky's dictum, "If God is not, everything is permitted."

Whatever the motives for atheist bloodthirstiness, the indisputable fact is that all the religions of the world put together have in 2,000 years not managed to kill as many people as have been killed in the name of atheism in the past few decades.

It's time to abandon the mindlessly repeated mantra that religious belief has been the greatest source of human conflict and violence. Atheism, not religion, is the real force behind the mass murders of history.

stalin and mao were communist.. communism is a god-less government.. therefore they are guilty by association..

but to argue that they can't kill in the name of "godlessness" isn't any different then a theist sayin that a religious person can't kill in the name of religion.. b/c in the 10 commandments it say's thou shalt not kill... man has justified murder with the term "protection" but still it's murder.. it's against what the bible teaches us..

it's hard to really say atheism causes murder or crime tho because it's not a organization and there isn't really a philosphy behind it that you can attach too..

but to say communism isn't atheist when they are in direct opposition of religion.. isn't accurate neither
    test
  19. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

theres a difference between "killing in the name of atheism" and "atheists being behind killings"

im pretty sure youre getting it mixed up
    test
  20. lyricalpriest

either way.. the atheist that kills millions in the name of their ideology.. based on atheism could be interpreted as killing in the name of atheism.. or an atheist is just killing.. they did it to push their agenda in which case wasn't one for god or had any glimpse of god in their agenda..

it was a god-less agenda
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.