athiest push their views on people as much

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Jan 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

i agree they push their views, but i dissagree with ''as much, and if not more"

the world was formed under the belief of god, Atheists have to live in it daily

i dont feel its even close to "as much"
    test
  3. patrown

patrown student for life

.......... i don't think that's true... it just might happen more often in plain view.
    test
  4. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

examples?
    test
  5. TheBigPayback

Click the link
    They even have weekly/monthly meetings. And missionaries.
    test
  6. breathlesss

breathlesss Registered Sex Offender

why is it that when a few things happen that are in general opposition, it's seen as "running rampid among us"

seriously...there's christian fucking EVERYTHING in america, everything, everywhere, from money to billboards to churches with bright lights and electronic marquees, politicians, schools, hospitals...everything, brazenly blazing their christian ties, and that's just fine, but oohhhhh noo, there something atheist! burn 'em all they're taking over!!!

just like how the news protrays 100% of "bad" occurrences and hardly any "good"

if atheists wore turbans I suppose this would be considered terror alert red...
    test
  7. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

yeah if the world had been built by atheists this would be true, but it wasnt, so its not.

atheists are a minority
    test
  8. zyclon B gas

zyclon B gas sososerious

i never understood it. athiests complain about religion being shoved down their throats, then shove their athiesm down other people's throats. kinda hypocritical in my opinion.

anyway, they had one of those big athiest meetings here last year, and i just wondered...what the fuck do they meet about? you're not talking about religion, you're not talking about spirituality, so is it just like a big singles convention? like, the meeting is the place to go to meet someone of the opposite sex with the same non-belief as you?

someone assplain
    test
  9. TheBigPayback

I thought athieism was a belief that God doesn't exist. If thats the case why they so bent on telling religious people they are wrong.
    test
  10. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

I've never heard atheist beliefs shoved down someones throat outside of religious convo.
    test
  11. patrown

patrown student for life

okay.. i clicked it.. but it's a movement of a group of people who believe in nothing.
    they're putting up billboards. if you were running for your life or in danger i might agree.
    billboards push an agenda passively. take it or leave it... it's just there.
    war, execution, and genocide were utilized by movements in the name of religion(s).
    it will be a long time before the negative collateral damage evens out.
    even if religion ceased to exist one minute from now.
    test
  12. patrown

patrown student for life

it must have been fear or envy. One of the two.
    I couldn't tell you why I have been in the arguments I have..
    but I do remember feeling bitter about something beforehand each time.
    test
  13. patrown

patrown student for life

I've done it. She never involved her faith in any argument.
    test
  14. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

wish there was an antidote for atheism...
    test
  15. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

It is ironically the same antidote for theism. A Sharp Blow To The Head. Warning. May cause death. But if you are lucky you may wake up with a different world view or amnesia/brain damage or just a big headache.

You could try drugs too like psychedelics to get them all on a we're connected trip. I think the only "cure" is agnosticism which is a much more sound stance for all really.
    test
  16. breathlesss

test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

Ive always had fun with mushrooms, and theyre cheap as fuck for how fucked up you get on em. $5/g here.

camping and mushrooms go together like soy sauce and rice
    test
  18. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

in the most basic sense of the word you are correct. but in the broader sense modern (new) atheism is an ideology that was created in the context of a western world which is placing an increasing amount of emphasis on secular thinking. so things like this billboard are a manifestation of a movement away from traditional religious thinking. the prevalent ideas of mankind are always at war with eachother in an on going struggle for influence, and thus (new) atheism as an ideology does require preaching its ideals to the masses. there's no way around that. any ideology which strives for influence is forced to do so through propaganda campaigns.
    test
  19. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

how??
    test
  20. breathlesss

very true, but for the devout christians to label the few atheist needles in the haystack of christianity as an equal amount of pushing ones views is typical, biased blindness of reality
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.