Atheists, explain your ideoloogy to me.

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Alias3000, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

You're about as smart as sand paper. And you have no life. You're about as pathetic as they come.
    test
  2. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

No shit, faggot.

I started with a serious response, because I wasn't kidding when I said we do have a truth that theists do not, but there's no point. You theists on this board are teetering on mentally handicapped.
    test
  3. waldo rojas

waldo rojas stfu bro

Look how angry this guy is..^ you really need God man

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
    test
  4. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

How do you people even dress yourselves in the morning (afternoon's I'm guessing)?
    test
  5. Nugs420

Nugs420 New Member

The only proof capable of being given that an object is visable, is that people see it.
    The only proof that a sound is audible is that people hear it: and so of the sources of our experience.

I am not an Atheist because I think the universe looks better to an Atheist.
    I am an Atheist because the idea of a God or Gods does not make sense to me.
    When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

If there was a benevolent supreme being, logic dictates that there would be proof of his existence other than a 2,000 year old book.

If a god is allowed to exist without cause, why can't the universe be allowed to exist without cause?

What is more likely: The universe as a natural occurrence, or a supernatural being capable of creating the universe, reading people's thoughts, and performing acts that defy the laws of nature?

Atheism is not an all encompassing ideology that includes opinions on all things.
    Though some opinions are much more prevalent than others amongst atheists, there is nothing 'in' atheism that says you must think one way or the other on anything except whether you believe in gods or not.
    test
  6. Nugs420

Nugs420 New Member

your a fool
    test
  7. Nugs420

Nugs420 New Member

The bible contradicts itself constantly.

Plants are made on the third day before there was a sun to drive their photosynthetic processes (1:14-19). 1:11

God lets "the earth bring forth" the plants, rather than creating them directly. Maybe Genesis is not so anti-evolution after all. 1:11

"God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good." He purposefully designed a system that ensures the suffering and death of all his creatures, parasite and host, predator and prey. 1:31
    test
  8. waldo rojas

waldo rojas stfu bro

Uhhhh

Life and death is a natural part of the world, you do realise the death of certain animals is beneficient for the eco system etc

what kind of stupid post was that?
    test
  9. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

One pant leg at a time.

How do you get through life so lonely and miserable?
    test
  10. waldo rojas

waldo rojas stfu bro

Dex, I may have misunderstood

do you believe in God? summarise your beliefs imo

Hank
    test
  11. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Not the slightest clue man. My money is on a whole lot of denial.
    test
  12. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

Hmm. I guess I would be a panentheist by definition.

I believe in a higher agent/consciousness/god/what have you that operates inside and outside of time-space. All matter and biological life springs forth from that energy. I see God as the driving force behind all things while at the same time playing observer.

Afterlife/karma/etc don't really think about any of that shit, but i'm a big believer in the law of attraction and the power of thought.
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

:funny::funny::funny::funny:
    test
  14. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

nicely put
    test
  15. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

Seems like you guys are saying that if someone is psychotic and hears voices in their head that makes it real. Ok, believe by all means, but don't say that something is fact when it can't be proven, ok?
    test
  16. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

God is something to be experienced like pleasure and pain. Unseen, but felt, and very real.

The mechanics of evolution and the ebb and flow of the universe are his will in action.

But if you're satisfied with looking at the beautifully complex world around you and seeing dominoes falling into place without a pusher - then that's on you.
    test
  17. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

So theres absolutely no chance that what you call God is you putting a name on feelings you cant explain, and that evolution and the universe does not exist regardless?

I think its definitely hard for humans to try and comprehend why they exist, but the fact that we can think in those terms it doesnt signify a specific purpose or a divine propagator, although most humans need it so they feel safer and more significant, otherwise there wouldnt be a reason to curb your instincts and we would go back to chaos. I am more of the agnostic person, but there is no proof and I wont claim it to be absolute fact, I just base it on what I feel and my philospophies on collective subconscious and synchronisity. Not a flipping book which only nutcases take litteraly, as it sounds like insanity.
    test
  18. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i'm not really satisfied with any answer i've come across, tbh. i'm just especially not satisfied with settling on the pusher being the answer to everything.
    test
  19. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Why are you so controlling bro?
    test
  20. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Oh yeah and how do you know that YOU'RE not psychotic? There's a good question.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.