Atheists, explain your ideoloogy to me.

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Alias3000, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. waldo rojas

waldo rojas stfu bro

"scared of dying and slowly fading away"? how is that related to believing God gives meaning to life, explain that

and great, go party and have a good time, make a good career for yourself, have a family..then die. that's it?

how insignificant.

That's clearly not entirely true - God helps me personally in the way I perceive different situations, the way I act towards others, etc
    test
  2. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

There's no "meaning of life". Life got created, and we live. No need to worry "am I living life right?" or anything.
    test
  3. waldo rojas

waldo rojas stfu bro

cool story bro

have u prayed to steve jobs tonight yet
    test
  4. Mrjdm998

Mrjdm998 New Member

Where are you getting this Steve Jobs worship shit from? You realise there's an area between saying somebody has never done anything and worshipping them? Hell, the person you worship has never done anything, he falls into both categories.
    test
  5. waldo rojas

waldo rojas stfu bro

I don't worship a person.

And you said Steve Jobs has done more for humanity than Jesus (as) has. If I wasn't so content shitting on you, I would've blocked you for that comment.
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

LMAO!!!

narrow mindedness..
    test
  7. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Nah, I'm not a closet believer. I'm not sure I'm an atheist anymore either, but I was never a closet believer. Not sure I ever made the claim that I required physical, tangible proof but either way none of that is what got me to where I am now. Before you use your car to get you from Point A to Point B, you need the right set of keys. You don't get any of your goals accomplished without first making those goals and also making good decisions. It also takes some imagination to decide where you want to be in the next five, ten, twenty years. I think anyone who applies these skills to the God concept can be happier with themselves if that is their intent. Even those making the bad decisions and goals can give people a good chuckle.

Yeah, that's annoying. Wonder why atheists go actively looking for it, especially when they keep saying the burden of proof is on the believer. That's the problem right there: They are like those people who stay on the line with every telemarketer who calls their home, messing around with them for half-an-hour just out of boredom, saying they aren't interested in any of the products.

Why does that matter? Seems pretty irrelevant to me.

Explain why being an atheist is standing on shaky ground first.
    test
  8. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

explain how does god play any role in life besides gettin on ur knees to pray that he will bust a load in ur beggin mouth? :funny:

but seriously im sorry that you can't learn to respect others and perceive different situations without asking for help. personally i look to my conscious for tough decisions and try to base the rest of my actions from consequences.

im not understanding how what i outlined is insignificant to you unless you are as i said scared of dying and slowly fading away. let go of the selfish urge to want more than the full and healthy life that many never got to live
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

who thinks we should stickky a quote of the week thread??

:bwahaha:
    test
  10. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

and then you have the nerve to question our respect?

so you've learnt the art of respecting others?

you fucking hypocritical double-standard low cunt.

:numaan:
    test
  11. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

maybe life is not like a puzzle where it has a specific answer or meaning that you are meant to search for, but more like a work of art where you create your own meaning

what do those things mean with god?
    test
  12. lyricalpriest

either way.. a work of art or a meaningful answer have one thing in common.. a final goal.. or final destination
    test
  13. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

it's called a joke numaan, damn ur such a tightass it must hurt when you shit. Chill
    test
  14. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

the puzzle is the work of art.

good question.

i can't speak for hank, but i'll answer for myself.

the things i aspire for in this world is permanence, something infinite. but nothing is. everything around us has an end date, it will all expire, mountains will crumble.

but in the creator, i find infinite. the sovereign. the ever lasting, eternal.

so i don't know why people say that believing in a god is backwards thinking.

i don't know, now i'm just going on tangents - good question though reggie.

test
  15. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

maybe this is a magic puzzle where instead of the pieces only fitting together in a specific order, they fit together however you choose to put them and it's only the picture that changes

no, i can understand that completely, the appeal of the infinite etc.

i just don't see how that makes the finite things that life is made of more worthwhile
    test
  16. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

in a way it would make it less worth while, which in turn is more worth it.

if you're not that attached to this world, you won't get caught up in it.

i don't know, i read this really nice rumi poem where he speaks about this.

but can't remember it for the life of me.

test
  17. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

word.. that would make more sense. god might help people transcend the bullshit that life is made of. that's not quite the same as giving meaning to life, though. from the answers im getting it seems the meaning of life is a mystery regardless of whether there is a god or not.

it's sort of like people are saying that god has a black box, and inside that black box is the meaning of life. we don't know what it is, but we know that he's got it, because we clearly don't. that's what i mean by people use god to fill the void. whatever the void may be. a million unanswered questions. why do we exist? whats our purpose? what is existence anyway? who killed tupac? all the answers are in god's black box.

maybe what people really need is to learn to embrace the void
    test
  18. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

lol @ who killed tupac, but pretty much in the same shoes as you.

except i've embraced this void that you refer to as my god, which strengthens me.

and because i've embraced the void, i have the answers to some of the questions according to the void. why do we exist? to submit to the will of the almighty. what's our purpose? to join in righteousness and patience, and good deeds, etc.

but as you said, with or without god the mysteries remain.

test
  19. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

the void i refer to doesn't offer answers, it offers questions

if those answers work for you, then do your thing.

the more i think about it the more i'm starting to think that my problem is not with people coming up with their own answers. my real problem is with the prospect of one universal answer that everybody has to share. i almost think that answer is what would make life completely pointless.
    test
  20. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

what is the proof that shows a certain religion is the right one?

why does there have to be religion?

why is it bad for someone to believe in god and do good in life but not be apart of any religion?
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.