Atheists done took over this section...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by Sloss Littlez, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sloss Littlez

Sloss Littlez KING SLOSS THE BOSS NIGGA

Them niggas talk more bout religion than religious folk.
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Its a athiest/ christian ratio right now. We waitin on some muslims amd jews
    test
  3. snowy

snowy 39k Rap Song Music Folder

Quite a few agnostic/spiritual people as well. At least people willing to cede to the possibility of a God just not the classical explanation given by organized religions.
    test
  4. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

Agnosticism is a cop out and spiritual?...Don't get me started on that. The problem agnostics is that they just don't answer the question. "I don't know" doesn't qualify as an acceptable answer to "What's your belief?".
    test
  5. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

i guess it looks like atheists took over bcuz atheists can back up why they dont believe more besides the few christians we have that can back up their beliefs
    test
  6. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

its what the forum is for

what did you expect

a bunch of mindless followers to discuss what language the talking snake used to trick Adam?
    test
  7. The Steve

The Steve Space monkey I am not

Why not? It's the only logical fucking answer anyone with a semblance of intelligence should answer with. Because, here it is, NO ONE KNOWS. Shocker, I know.
    test
  8. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

and the problem with relgious types is when asked "wheres the proof?" they dont have any.

so as steve said the logical answer is "i dont know"

cuz nobody does.

logically would it make sense to believe there was a talking snake? No because there has never been any proof of one, nor is there any snakes that have talked since then....
    test
  9. Jay Bee

Jay Bee Boricua

the logical answer is bcuz we dont kno, we should live our life however we choose
    test
  10. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

im seeing more and more atheists every day...
    test
  11. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

"Do you believe in God?" isn't an open ended question. There are two firm answers: "Yes I believe in God," or "No I don't believe in God."

"I don't know" isn't a firm answer, and "I don't know if there is a God or not" does not address the question "Do you believe in God?"

Either you DO BELIEVE or you DON'T BELIEVE. When you say I DON'T KNOW you are saying "I DON'T KNOW WHAT I BELIEVE." It is OK to be uncertain. But the question ISN'T "Does God exist?" It's simply about what you believe. I DON'T KNOW isn't THE logical answer. The logical answer is whether or not you believe in God, because that is what the question is asking.

If I asked you "Do you believe your wife pisses her pants when you're not at home and laundry day is coming up?" are you going to say that the logical answer is "I don't know..."?
    test
  12. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

And usually what people mean by "Do you believe in God?" is "Do you believe God exists?"
    test
  13. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

No one knows whether or not God exists, but a heck of a lot of us know the difference between what we believe and what we don't believe. That's all that is being asked of people.
    test
  14. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Many who say they are agnostics are de facto atheists.
    test
  15. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

I don't think it is always simply a cop out. Sometimes it is, but I think there good reasons for claiming to be an agnostic rather than an atheist. Mostly to do with growing political division among believers and unbelievers. Not all atheists will agree with the popular opinions among atheists. And yeah, I know atheists are a diverse group, but the term atheist itself is likely to be what acts as a power in certain matters.

When you fill out a census, that will be used to figure out what kinds of things get funding.
    test
  16. Warpaint

Warpaint What now?

Good post Memento.
    test
  17. IAmBenT

IAmBenT Eat a dick, faggot

If we are looking at the word agnostic, the latin breaks down to (a) meaning away from, outside of (gnostic), which means spiritual knowledge. its about being skeptical and not fully committing to the unknowability of universal truth.

eg.

I say God is real. The atheist says God is dead or not real. The agnostic says there is no way of anyone truly KNOWING what God is. The first two are belief structures. The last is more of an intellectual, skeptical mode. It says "no one can know" but makes no statement on belief. one can be both agnostic and atheist. or agnostic, in that none can KNOW God, but also believe in God or a greater truth. its about spiritual knowledge, not hardwired belief or faith
    test
  18. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Its the falling away. As predicted.
    test
  19. numinous

numinous nu'sance, since '99.

why waiting?

you've got a jew hating muslim right here.

i don't hate all jews, i hate all races equally - not a racist.
    test
  20. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

So, basically, the people who wrote the bible at least had the foresight to know that the stories they wrote sound like complete bullshit to the person of average intelligence. So what? That's supposed to be an impressive prediction? I love when people cite my non belief as something that confirms bible prophecy.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.