Atheists are Angry

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by TheBigPayback, Oct 20, 2013.

1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Atheists are Angry at ground zero cross -Supreme Court Ruling

http://aclj.org/american-heritage/angry-atheists-continue-relentless-attack-on-ground-zero-cross

Angry Atheists Continue Relentless Attack on the Ground Zero Cross

By: Matthew Clark Filed in: American Heritage 11:11 AM Oct. 17, 2013

Following a big victory for the Ground Zero Cross earlier this year, where a federal judge threw out an atheist lawsuit to tear down the Cross, angry atheists are now appealing that ruling to a federal appeals court.

The Ground Zero Cross, two intersecting steel beams found in the wreckage of the World Trade Center,became a symbol of hope and healing for first responders on the ground in the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks and for thousands of Americans across the nation.

Angry atheists, from the particularly vitriolic American Atheists, demanded that it be torn down. They attempted to make a federal case of their hurt feelings and lost.

The trial court correctly noted that the Cross was a historic artifact –an actual piece of 9/11 history. It really meant something to those affected.

The angry atheists’ reaction was unsurprising. “We are angry that we have to have this fight,” said the president of the group, David Silverman.

Despite their unmitigated rage, placing this Cross in a museum does not violate the Constitution. As the Supreme Court has repeatedly held that the Constitution’s “goal of avoiding governmental endorsement does not require eradication of all religious symbols in the public realm.” Simply put, the Constitution is not an atheist manifesto.

The fact is their lawsuit alleges that the mere “existence of the cross” has given them “depression,” “anxiety,” “mental pain and anguish,” and even “headaches.” For those who claim to have no faith, they are assigning near supernatural qualities to the Cross.

Ironic as it is, their challenge to the Cross, its historic significance, and the real impact it had on thousands of Americans is real.

We are preparing to file a critical amicus brief defending the Cross in the Second Circuit Court of Appeals.
    test
  2. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

holy people are so funny. People need to know when to just leave shit alone. They get carried away on shit .

its also so strange how sometimes the few ruin things for the majority and we forget for a moment that those are the fanatics and not anything like how it really is.
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  3. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA Well-Known Member

Don't really care much about extremists, atheists nor theists these days, or any anger issues they might or might not be facing.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  4. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

yet you preach meditation every chance you get.

you're amongst the holiest on this site, whether like it or not.

i don't even know who started this thread because the op is on my ignore list, good fucking riddance.

:numaan:
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  5. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

AHAHAHAHA

not 'holy people'

holy, people!

hahahaha oh Numaan you so funny
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

holy shit like jesus faeces?

test
  7. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

this is exactly why i don't like most atheist organizations. this kind of shit plus stirring up controversy over nativity scenes and petty shit like that is basically the image that the majority of americans have of atheism because it's the only time that atheist activism makes the headlines.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  8. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

i always considered united states to be amongst the top atheist nations, but on the contrary.

usa only has 3-7% atheist/agnostic population, whereas britain and sweden have above 40%.

surprisingly, vietnam has around 87% lol, never even knew that.

i got it from this, dated 2005 - http://www.thechapmans.nl/news/Atheist.pdf

don't know why it slipped my mind that americans are a very religious people, in general.

test
  9. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

Not sure if thread was ruined by punctuation, or enhanced.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  10. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

lol
    yet, ur here. How ironical.
    test