atheism leaves a cultural void

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by reggie_jax, Jun 12, 2013.

1. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

this is mostly for people like myself who were brought up in a particular religion but let it go. do you still feel some sort of connection with your former religion?

i feel like i can deal fine with the ideological implications of losing religion (e.g. no afterlife, no miracles, etc), but i do feel like there's something missing that has always been there for my ancestors. for generation after generation there has always been this continuity of roman catholicism and here i am breaking the chain.

i went to a friend of the family's first communion other day at a catholic church and a lot of the old symbolic and ritualistic things that i didn't get/like as a kid started to appeal to me. its like ive been implanted with a catholic chip but the belief circuitry gave out.

anybody else feel like this? what to do about something like this? do we just keep doing the rituals for the hell of it or what
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    test
  2. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

btw mods, you banned my other account. if you did that on purpose then you missed this one. if you didn't then gimme the other one back cause i prefer it without the underscore.
    test
  3. Coup d'état

Coup d'état Don't believe the hype

I feel you man...sometimes the nostalgia factor alone can bring about feelings of connection to something totally against your world view now. You are not done growing or learning, this could be a personal sign for you.

I did note that you described the Catholic Church 'rituals', because that is exactly what they are. They are not all willy nilly, the have been perfected over millenia to 'give off' certain 'effects' to the participants spiritually. Not every thing in the spirit (we can't see this) is clean.

If you understand the Catholic Churches symbolism and traditions/rituals then you know that all these things have deep pagan roots dating back to days when the Tower of Babel unified all to a one world religion (or at least an attempt was made, like nothing seen before. There is another major attempt being made with the bringing down of the 'old' way into a new world order. Nothing new about it, rather just bringing back the Babel days full force).

One thing to note about man made traditions and rituals is not necessarily the pagan roots of them, but how this is not a representation of the Creator's will for man to do. It's idolatry. Claiming the scriptures under a tradition biased religion is far and away different than obeying the Most High with knowledge and understanding.

I'm the opposite of you Reggie. I was brought up an atheist/evolutionist/humanist...and scoffed at the church. I was right in a way. Mainstream Christianity (especially the CC) are just pagan sects using the scriptures to filter their age old pagan rituals through. whether to their (the members/leaders) knowledge of doing so or not...deception is a real thing.

People are destroyed for a lack of knowledge and understanding. Real knowledge and wisdom is understanding of YAHUWAH and his will for his creation.

just some thoughts...

Good thread btw.
    test
  4. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Thats interesting
    test
  5. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

i agree and they're effective at that. to be honest they're no more ritualistic than other sects of christianity, especially some of the people around here who speak in tongues and shit like that. it's just that the ritualism and symbolism used by the catholic church is more... er, whats the word i'm looking for.. somewhere between 'refined' and 'bureaucratic.'

i'm curious though.. are you of the opinion that the torah doesn't prescribe its own ritualistic and symbolic practices for the ancient israelites to live by?
    from a catholic perspective the 'scriptures' are not the be all and end all of religion, though. the church was responsible for selecting and compiling the holy texts, and was established by christ himself. so the church has ultimate authority.
    test
  6. Coup d'état

Reggie Imma get on this post tomorrow...off to bed...but this caught me and I feel a need to respond straightway:

The catholic church has no authority from the Messiah or the Most High for any responsibilities with the administering his word or being ministers unto the Most High himself.

Rather the CC get's their 'ultimate authority' from men by man for evil....

That was a mouth full what I just said, but Imma come back and hit on the other things you directed toward me and maybe elaborate with the same scriptures the CC use to show you why they are in error and serve idols, not YAHUWAH. (not saying all CC members are evil or this or that, but the totality of it.)... I do realize that this is their perspective though, so maybe this is a moot point.

And the church actually corrupted the texts they use, drawing from a different pool than what was used to draw from the Authorized scriptures, otherwise known as the King James. It's a mess, but I got a handle on it. This is not an opinion.

The CC is a pagan chruch. It's not the rock or anything more than another false religion wearing a mask.

in fact the CC had the balls to change YAHUWAH's commandments!

Good night.
    test
  7. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

you know you're barking up the wrong tree, right? i was just giving you the catholic perspective, it's obviously not something i actually believe.

i'm more interested in hearing your comments on the rituals prescribed for the ancient israelites in the bible.
    test
  8. Caesar

Caesar Natural Aristocracy

Why do you think so many atheists turn to bullshit like humanism?

It's all the perks of Christianity without the believing in god part. People need to believe in something higher than themselves.

Civilizations lose their vitality when they lose that religio-cultural lynchpin and turn to pure materialism/science/etc.

When reality becomes atomized and there is no overarching narrative binding us all (which Christianity provided), you get the sort of crisis of postmodernity we have now.

Traditional western religion for all its faults was pretty good at getting people to delay gratification and build.
    test
  9. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

isn't humanism just a sort of human centered basis for morality? humans need some type of morality for society to function. obviously something utilitarian or human-based will have to fill the void when there's no top-down religious morality to dictate values. i don't really see this as a bad thing though.

that's an interesting take on it. i don't know enough about history to really agree or disagree strongly with you.
    test
  10. Coup d'état

Yeah Reggie I knew I was barking up the wrong tree. I had to say what I did because you were feeling for the CC. IN the event that you some how converted back, I had to tell you on that possibility.

And yes, the ancients did have rituals, and still do. Most of the rituals however are suspended because by law of the Creator they could only be done under two circumstances:

1. The Levites had to do the administering
    2. Could only be done in Jerusalem.

Ysrael is scattered to the four corners today and cannot compete some of the rituals. As to what they are we can talk about that, but I think you have an idea.

They are completely different that the graven rituals of man though.
    test
  11. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

my feelings towards catholicism are like you said, a mixture of symbolism and nostalgia. i will never actually believe in revealed divine wisdom. i might as well be honest and say that much. in fact i distrust as a rule anyone who claims to have all the answers to life's hardest questions, and my distrust is only increased when all of those answers are said to lie in a single book. as for the church, the idea that they're infallible is one of the easiest religious claims to debunk. they give shelter to child rapists. i won't be joining that organization. i understand the confusion though.

i'm interested in your thoughts on ancient israelite rituals though. what makes them distinct from the graven rituals of man?
    test
  12. Coup d'état

I'm with you man...regardless of anyone's belief system, one can easily pick up and sorta 'sense' the hypocrisy of the Catholic Church or any other man made religion, to include most sects in Christianity and even in Islam etc.

And I agree with you, nobody KNOWS it all and it is not ALL found in the historical record that is the Hebrew scriptures...not everything is detailed in that book, it is a tool not a supernatural power up so to speak.

If you have any questions aimed at me that are related to the thread i would love to take them and build up an answer according to knowledge and understanding contained in the scriptures....if not that is cool too.
    test
  13. Coup d'état

Reggie answering your question now, just saw it in your last reply
    test
  14. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

well the topic of the thread is sorta related to the way that our beliefs penetrate us and mold our perception of the world, and how the residual effect of this can be felt long after the actual beliefs have subsided. i know that you have undergone multiple transformations in your religious beliefs. you can share your own story and how it relates to that idea, even if what i'm saying isn't true in your case.
    test
  15. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Reggie, I know exactly what your talking about, some days i curse god, and others i think why was i cursing god if it aint real, then other days i feel like thanking god or prayin, and i stop my self like "god isnt gonna listen to u after u told god fuck off u arent real i dont believe in you" sometimes when people sneeze i say bless you.. when i go thru hard times i blame god, and i keep tellin my slf what the fuck is wrong with me man, i believe in god one second and im denying it in the next, truth be told it's really fucking my head up too.. like really bad..
    test
  16. Coup d'état

Well, first we have to suspend your belief for a moment and consider YAHUWAH to be reality here for the sake of answering this question and giving some sort of understanding.

A loose definition of Ritual:
    A religious or solemn ceremony consisting of a series of actions performed according to a prescribed order.

The 'graven' rituals of the Catholic Church, for example, are not given to us according to the law and word of YAHUWAH. Their rituals contain the works of mans hands. Many 'graven' images are used that are spoken by the Creator as not allowed in the first place, and honor the works of men and give status to these inatime objects (again that is unlawful). The statues and other pagan imagery used by the CC's in their rituals is unlawful for a real reason, both spiritually and more.The prescribed order in these churches is man made and not given by the Creator for reasons.

What is being honored in these rituals is not the Most High YAHUWAH, rather devils and idols. For example the queen of heaven. She is an age old idol goddess, who can neither hear, see, touch or speak. The Romans call her Mary today, after taking the scriptures and the real truth and making it fit their pagan ways.

What is common in most rituals of these man made religions is an appeal to the carnal mind, which being carnally minded is enmity against the Creator. Flashy clothing, jewelry, golden hats and wands, are all status symbols and graven and not only do they honor the devil but honor man above YAHUWAH, evident by the 'show' type atmosphere the ritual conjures up. It is a ritual of unrighteous spirit and goes against the laws in the first place.

How Ysrael's rituals differ is this. They are not carnally minded nor a show to appeal and divide men into a hierarchy. YAH respects no mans person.

YAHUWAH has feast days, or High Sabbaths (Shabatt) or holidays for his creation. For example, the High Day of the feast of the First Fruits. It is a day when the first fruits of the season are harvested, and you take the yield and offer it up to YAHUWAH as a burnt offering. The Levites could only do this (Levites are the son's of Aaron) and only in Jerusalem. No flashy show, no hype. Just giving thanks.

You have the Feast of Passover. Representing and remembering a few things. Passover represents Israel coming out of Egypt by the mighty stretched out hand of YAH and marks them becoming a people or a nation for the first time. YAHUWAH passover Egypt and smote all the first born of cattle and man of people who did not smear their door post with the blood of a lamb. It's their independence day (the white 'Jews' are Gentiles not real Hebrew Israelite). When the law allows (Levites in their role as priests and in the set apart city) you offer up a brunt offering to YAH.

You have the day of Atonement. Where each year you hold a solemn fast (no drink or food for a day) to atone for you sins and get right with the Creator to forgive your transgression against him.

All of these feast days (not all are listed) have a more significant meaning. They represent and symbolize collectivley the great harvest coming as we move forward in these last days. When the Great King Yahshua returns to separate the wheat from the chaff. Into eternal life in the Kingdom of Elohim on earth or outside the gates in eternal life in the lake called fire. It would take a logn post to explain the beateaty and representation of all YAH's High Days and how they foreshadow and spell out his great plan for man. It's amazing.

His High Days have extreme meaning for mankind and not only minister unto HIM but also for us. Thy are not conjured up by deception and man for show or status to serve devils and idols.

YAH also has rituals and procedures for sin forgiveness. Blood is required. Yahshua shed his blood for us as a sacrifice to atone for sin. It's deeper than a carnal show of the mind, and YAH's rituals are the opposite and serve truth and righteousness. Once the Levitcal priesthood is restored in the coming Kingdom in Jerusalem, it's all on again. We observe them and keep them today according to the law.

Since the Catholic Church claims the ultimate authority on earth (however vain it is...YAH is the authority) we can see that their rituals are all imagined up by the wicked heart of man for man if you study diligently the scriptures that even they use. YAH's High Days and rituals are given to us in Torah (instructions) and with that we can see how the religions of the world are vain in rituals with the graven images and all.

In conclusion, they differ by knowlege and understanding of YAH.

Remember Cain and Abel. Cain was a farmer and Abel a Shepard of flock. According to law, Abel offered correctly, offering a first born of the flock. Cain offered a plant. Guess which one YAHUWAH had respect to ? The one according to knowledge and understanding or the one in ignorance to His way ?

Guess who YAH respects. The Catholics and their vain rituals of graven show, or His followers striving to worship in spirit and in truth ?
    test
  17. lyricalpriest

c&p'd from various places including wikapedia .. u just change the sentence structure around and whallah...
    test
  18. Coup d'état

you know it's a sin to bear false witness, right ?

That was all my own words out my head....except for the definition of ritual.
    test
  19. lyricalpriest

you dont do nothing different then get your idea from another source like the rest of us.
    test
  20. Coup d'état

You are bearing false witness. Go ahead a prove that I took these words from the internet, much to WHAT YOU DO OFTEN.

Why don't you ask me where I get my knowledge and understanding ? I will tell you. Through diligent study and learning at the feet of teachers who are adept to teach. I seek out the Most High for understanding.

I don't rip ideas from Gentile websites bearing witness to there god and idols.

Everything I said above is scriptural.

I know amazing right ???? A person that actually studies and is not ignorant.

Run along chump.
    test