atheism is not always the "easy way out" as most would like to think ...

Discussion in 'The Alley' started by Nu'maaN, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Geedorah

Geedorah King

Most religious people are not religious, they just want to belong to a group of people or were raised like one.
    test
  2. Thomas Huxley

Thomas Huxley Well-Known Member

Ah, was I supposed to put the kid gloves on?
    test
  3. nom de plume.

nom de plume. rumbrave.

i've been losing facebook friends because of my obnoxious anti theist posts. they don't get the trollz.
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  4. Matches T. Malone

Matches T. Malone Registered Playboy

Despite coming from a catholic background/upbringing, I've never been religious. In our families(catholic latin americans), Catholicism is absolute and a cardinal sin to be questioned. Being the first in my entire family to openly choose Atheism is not what I would consider taking the, 'easy way out.'

Sticking with the religion you were born in, having a set of rules and beliefs to follow, your life and death being given meaning to you as well as the promise of a celestial afterlife if you've been compliant with the tenets provided to you to guide you through life is exactly what I would consider the easy way out.

how can it be seen any other way?
    test
  5. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

this is what sparked my thread.

how can you not see the other way of this though?

yes, it's strenuous on the mind to consider alternatives to your parental religions, but i'm talking about the actions.

as a religious person, you have to adhere to certain guidelines and boundaries, which in no way is the "easier way out".

this thread wasn't to state the religious people have it easy, i'm saying atheists don't have it as easy as people claim.

:numaan:
    test
  6. Nu'maaN

Nu'maaN Anu'naki, Nuqqa.

no, but i accept your challenge for a duel.

:numaan:
    test