At the time of writing, Asap Rocky is a better rapper than eminem

Discussion in 'Hip-Hop Central' started by Louis Armstrong, Sep 5, 2013.

1. Louis Armstrong

Louis Armstrong Yeah, it's me nigga

Let's be real for a second.

Eminem released three tracks recently. One was Berzerk which was easily one of the worst rap singles ever created. Then there was this survival track which was great at first listen, but eventually became an after thought after I've only listened to it three times. Then there was this track on the tony touch mixtape which was so bad that people act like it never existed.

On the other hand, there isn't a single day where I don't listen to at least one track off of Long Live Asap and it came out over half a year ago. And I guarantee you that the MMLP2(???) won't even come close and most of it will find it's way to the recycle bin in less than a week.

Eminem serves absolutely no purpose in the rap game at the moment. I can't believe someone who used to be that great can make such horrible music. I mean, I've listened to Berzerk just to marvel over the sheer wackness of some of the punchlines there are on there. It's really sad actually.
    • Hot Thread Hot Thread x 1
    • -Rep -Rep x 1
    test
  2. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

entertainment-wise yes

talent/technique-wise it's Em by far

He was never a punchline rapper, he was best at creating weird funny fucked up mini-scenarios, like beating a kid's head in with his own wooden leg

The punchline gimmick is a poor move

That said, I fucks with A$AP Rocky but haven't bumped any post-MMLP Em more than once since 2004
    test
  3. ThatsNotMyName

ThatsNotMyName The Conquering Lion

Of course if you are selecting Eminem's worst songs on his worst years.

Play fair!
    test
  4. Vulgar

Vulgar 80s baby

Nobody dead or alive is as good as Eminem in his prime

Cigar Life on Tapatalk 2
    test
  5. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Agreed. I mean listen to "Wild for the night" compared to "Berzerk", now honestly what one would you rather play?

I think a few things have to change... like production. Em is best when the production is minimal, almost like a background to what he's saying. Not this over-charged stuff that he's been doing for the last few years. It's too much and it drowns him out.

The singing, my god, he has to stop singing. Honestly if he wasn't who he is no one would call that "singing" so why doesn't anyone tell him that he's shit at it? On "Hailey's Song" didn't he admit that he couldn't sing? So why the fuck is he singing so much? It's terrible, sounds like nails on chalkboard.

The technical raps. I don't know why but since "Forever" he's been obsessed with these fast technical raps to prove he's the best at it or something. He needs to relax on that fast-fire shit. Who is he trying to impress? I think he's at his best when he makes emotional, gripping stories.

Fuck off with the punchline raps. He's not even good at it, I'd rather listen to Lonely Island's "Semicolon" than hear Eminem do punchline raps, it's another thing he's shit at and he needs to stop ... just stop.

Oh and could we please stop screaming on every track? Don't get me wrong I love songs like "White America" the "Way I am" and "Till I Collapse" etc - but the screaming serves a purpose to the energy of these tracks ... screaming just for screaming's on beats that don't need it... sounds awkward.

Usually I wouldn't care much but... remember this album is a sequel to the MMLP... one of the greatest rap albums ever made... So, I hope he doesn't fuck up.

And again - NO MORE SINGING, FUCK.
    test
  6. ThatsNotMyName

I digress, his OLD punch-lines were actually cool.

"And I don't have herpes, my dick's just itchin
    It's not syphilis, and as for being AIDS infested
    I don't know yet, I'm too scared to get tested"
    test
  7. Noncentz

Noncentz Sieg Heil, M'fer!

Not that, I mean "punchline rapping" like Wayne and Minaj do. Eminem sounds stupid when he does it.
    test
  8. ThatsNotMyName

You mean the punchlines he do NOW.. that's why I said BEFORE.. Because back in the day Eminem did funny punchlines or even raw ones (like the 'I murdered the alphabet' one), now yeah they sound kind of lame..
    test
  9. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

wow... shocked at how little you guys know about eminem...

first off, as far as punchlines, Lil wayne and Nicki minaj are NOT good at them.

CURRENT EMINEM is NOT good at them.

1995 Em was somewhat of a punchline rapper and had some REALLY dope shit.

"You could be RUN D, you'll never be the "MC", I'll stop the alphabet at S and have it down to a T."

"
    I showered the slang, simple as A,B,C's Skip over the D's and rock the microphone with E's"

"
    Cause you can be quick, jump the candlestick, burn your back
    And fuck Jill on a hill, but you still ain't Jack"
    test
  10. thedream233

thedream233 Thrillmatic

and even now, asap rocky is NOT better than eminem, no matter how wack berzerk is.
    test
  11. Tha Cunnysmythe

Tha Cunnysmythe Unsavoury Negroid

wouldn't even call those punchlines

he would just paint little pictures that were cool or funny
    test
  12. Im Technical

Im Technical I got 30 pages of rhymes

Asap rocky will never be a better rapper than em, he might be making better music right now but put them on a freestyle together and asap would look like some bum they found off the street.
    test
  13. Tacky Jones

Tacky Jones www.TaCsmassivecock.gov

aside from the toe jam shit, what other wack punchlines were in berzerk?

i do think he needs to stop trying to rap fast. hes not clear at all when he does it.
    test
  14. vandalism

vandalism the king

eminem used to be raw

then he fell off 10 years ago

now its just a question of when he finally retires
    test
  15. Mel Man

Mel Man Wat ya'll bout to witness

word

You listened to Survival three times??

:fuckswag: