at first i was slightly disappointed with Streets Desciple...

Discussion in 'Audio Emcee Hook Ups' started by Syn 6, Jan 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

now i'm fucking in love with this man ..

i was only disappointed because of the production .. but i've gotten past that now cuz really are the beats arent bad .. there's some i dont feel but some are fucking beautiful ..

i ain't gonna go through all the tracks and shit and analyze it like that but damn .. this is gettin heavy fucking rotation and will continue to ..

let me just say...

Just A Moment is purely amazing .. for real and i have barely heard anyone say anything about this track .. how can you not? this song was the closest of ANY track ever to making me cry .. i just listen to this with my jaw to the floor ..

plenty of other ill tracks too .. Live Now is so sick until that chick comes on .. but i'm gettin used to her ..

lol i said i wouldn't do all the tracks tho so ima stop but wow .. classic album?

i'm not for sure but in my book it's possible .. especially years down the road i'm sure this album will be considered classic ..

what do u think?
    test
  2. X sample

X sample New Member

that chick is Nas...lmao
    test
  3. X sample

X sample New Member

but anyway...i thought it was classic for the first couple of weeks...

but honestly i havent hardly listened to it since...the songs are kinda...iono..boring...lol..

i love his lyrics...he absolutely killed the album...but i think the production DOES stop this album from being a classic...which is a shame...

and yes it should have just being a single album...

still tight nonetheless..even if i dont really listen to it...haha
    test
  4. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

word ..
    test
  5. X sample

X sample New Member

so u realise that chick is nas with his voice run through effects right?
    test
  6. Syn 6

Syn 6 back off hiatus

lol wtf why does it say Feat. Scarlett?
    test
  7. mc k-nice

mc k-nice New Member

lol Scarlett=nas with his voice sped up
    test
  8. Applaud

Applaud New Member

rest of my life
    and reason

chea
    test
  9. phenom2002

phenom2002 GET YA MAFUCKIN HANDS UP!

this album is sub-par as fuck, why the fuck are people gassing this shit? i know we all wished for nas to drop some classic shit, but it just wasnt damn face it lol......this shit is like Xample said boring, that shit just doesnt hold my attention for shit, yea i can bang a couple songs off it but honestly i skip 75% of that cd combined.......this shits not even average, honestly its wack.....stop gassin this shit
    test
  10. X sample

X sample New Member

hah yup..
    test
  11. X sample

X sample New Member

well i don think it was bad at all...

the only thing that let it down was the production...his lyrics were crazzzzy...ripped the album to shreds...for that reason alone, and the few tight beats on it...its almost classic to me...

wow im a fuckin hypocrite compared to what i say in other threads...LMAO

iono its just sumtin bout nas's lyrics...hah
    test
  12. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

It's a mood album......if you like old school drum beats....then you will most likely feel this album...

the lyrics are some of his best yet...(IMO)...

i love it.....I hated it at first too....but he set that mood on purpose.....once you get into that mood...he want's you in....you feel it more....

great album..
    test
  13. phenom2002

i mean i feel nas' lyrics which i expected to, but to me thats not the only factor thats needed to make a great album....for somebody with a short attention span such as my self i need somethin that can hold my attention from song to song, to me a good to great album consist of 3 factors that must be meet at a high level to be considered a goo album:

-lyrics
    -production (not only beats, but song arrangment and how the album is laid out)
    -entertainment value

nas' lyrics on this album were 10, production was like 4, and entertainment value was 5.....so according to my grading scale he got a 63% (10+4+5 = 19, 19/3 = 6.33333, 63%) so i mean he passed but just barely, thats not good enough in my book.....

*this formula is officially owned by phenom, any unauthorized use of this formula is prohibited*

[​IMG]

(author)

ps - im bored and gettin the ignore treatment from my girl
    test
  14. X sample

X sample New Member

hahaha, your classic..
    test
  15. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

man, when i first heard it, all i listened to was the beats, and only focused on the fact that mad of the beats were wack

the next couple days, the album was fuckin amazing to me

now the album is unbelievable in my ears, nas' best album since It was written for sure

i love it

just a moment is fuckin incredible yes, it also made me almost shed some liquid, might have, cant remember

but my shit is War

nobody i know loves war as much as i do, i don tknow why, but im in love with war, the whole feel of that track just captivated me

reason is fuckin sick also, the last verse on reason is one of my favorites ever

i love this album, it was in my fuckin cd player for over a month straight

i dead seriously didnt listen to any other music besides it throughout the entire month of december
    test
  16. EmceeGoddess

EmceeGoddess Disgruntled Man

wtf @ that huge wart on phenom's eye
    test
  17. phenom2002

^^^lmao just the picture of u sittin at the computer bangin that shit and a tear comes outta no where tickles me greatly
    test
  18. phenom2002

its a reflection from the glass on the frame, thats actually the base of a shandaleer if you look close you can see it and toward the bottom of the picture u see the window
    test
  19. Nimrod

Nimrod Nimi Hendrix

LMAO@ that wart

prune lookin ass wart
    test
  20. overdoze

overdoze New Member

lazy ass shoulda scanned the pic
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.