assuming that Genesis is true...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by x calibur, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x calibur

x calibur

it definitely got sidetracked.

to bring it slightly closer to topic, I'll respond to a couple of LP's points I glossed over before.

lyricalpriest, what you said about free will makes sense. however, free will isn't the problem - in fact I find it reasonable. my issues are with the doctrine of Original Sin, and of ALL humans being cursed with sin and death because of it. I don't see this as justifiable.

other than that, you said that creation is too large for us to make sense of the whole, which is essentially the same brick wall as "god works in mysterious ways". well, there could be some hidden component of the Bible that would make sense of everything, but that is pure speculation. all I can do is intellectually take on what is available to me in the published scriptures.
    test
  2. Mikaella Ocean

Mikaella Ocean Well-Known Member

test
  3. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

Fair enough:

I think that the bible was written as a means to create a social order.. I don't believe that ALL humans although cursed, are destined for hell.. as Jesus came to die for our sins. we are forgiven. You don't have to be a "christian" to believe what Jesus did or said was true.. b/c if u agree with 50% or 100% of what he said, they say even faith the size of a mustard seed can move mountains.. Ya some religious zealous want us to think that we are going to hell b/c we are sinful, there pride blinds them.. they are no better then us.. in there righteousness .. it's not necessary to be a "christian" but believe in the principals jesus spoke, have faith sometimes in ur self in the universe to take care of you.. GOD is the universal creator. he cares about his creation. but his way of showing it isn't going to be the same way that we would suspect. A judge cares about his community, and sometimes has to make hard decisions right?

as for the second statement, the problem with religion is it has distorted the gospels and we can not learn its full potential with out mixing a little of other philosophy related to the time and take into consideration other religions that are older then Christianity are the blue print which we took ideas from most possibly. this is why one must become aware of them self in this universe, seeking god or the universe how ever they want to label it. thru meditation, prayer, praise. good deeds. followed with faith that these things aren't done in vein..

the principals taught in the bible are to promote healthy harmonious living in society. but obviously as times change certain things must adapt too.. but the core principals remain the same. this is why religion is threatened b/c the stance that they must remain the same. were Jesus came to fullfill the law of the prophets, we must stay spiritually awakened in order to move forward especially if mankind wants to persevere and not crumble.. you don't have to be a christian to believe what the bible teaches is true, and historical. when you die, all the labels of the flesh will mean nothing anyways..

bur of course my views are considered blasphemous. but I THINK if one could pick up there cross they would realize they pick it up for LOVE.. and that is what mankind mustn't never forsake. for a world filled with hatred would fall to "peaces"

as for the second statement.
    test
  4. x calibur

x calibur

I agree that God should be totally fair and stern in judgment.

However, the Biblical account paints a clear picture of god as vindictive, capricious, and tyrannical. Jesus is far more positive, but still presents an arbitrary loophole.

you seem to be suggesting that: if you live in accordance with certain fundamental principles, you can still be judged favorably, even if you've never read/heard scripture. in this case, the Bible serves as a convenient guide to some of these principles, rather than the only way out of damnation.

you confirm here that the Bible is a historical document, subject to various traditions that came before it and not infallible. rather, it is something that you can learn from and get guidance from.

it comes back to my original point: if you accept the Bible as the absolute Word of God, this leads to unresolvable moral and philosophical quandaries.
    test
  5. x calibur

x calibur

lol I knew what I was getting into. I just wanted to put my ideas out there.
    test
  6. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

thats true.. i think studied students would agree with that
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.