assuming that Genesis is true...

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by x calibur, Sep 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

^ Youll have the chance.

Ive argued with God about certain things that I didnt fully make the connection with.

His response was:

Psalms 33:4 the word of the LORD is correct, and everything he does is trustworthy

and it was at that point I realized that the issue was in my understanding and knowledge of what the bible actually says

because be it God is real, and the bible his word. its true. period. its true by default.
    test
  2. x calibur

x calibur

I'm not surprised this came up against the brick wall of faith.

my view is that if it's the word of god, it should be able to stand unflinchingly within the light of reason.

there's no denying that the Bible is a potent text, but it's not godlike in its form or content imo.
    test
  3. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

Im not answering ur request with faith. Im just saying everyone will get their chance
    problem is lets say u do, and God answers ur questions with reasonable conditon
    for why certain things were ordained to playout as it were.

problem is ur still dead and it aint like u gonna get a oh well my bad type of moment
    those are reserved for as long as there is life in the body.
    test
  4. x calibur

x calibur

we shall see.
    test
  5. Alias3000

Alias3000 Well-Known Member

You will be my donkey washer in the Kingdom of Heaven. Me and Kingdom Israelite Brothers will mock you and call you AssBrush whenver we see you walking through the streets. You will bow down to Yeshua in his presence.

You will have no goats and no whores. You will masterbate to get by. Women in the Kingdom will mock you and call you HarryHands the BlindMan since you will always have your eyes closed while masterbating.
    test
  6. x calibur

x calibur

manik1
    LOL

I knew you'd freak out when you saw this, and you didn't disappoint :funny:
    test
  7. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

I addressed this before in a post highlighting "God's Plan" and how much it sucks. While I think what happened in Eden/The Ark/Calgary is egregious enough, I find these Abrahamic apologists to be much moreso. These people defending this deity, who, if real, would be a malicious bastard. Traitors to the human race, self loathers with the desire to be slaves. The religious always say people like me, only refuse their deity because because I somehow want to escape responsibility. Well it seems like people only proselytize their "faith" so that they don't have to be the only mindless slaves. Crabs in a barrel, that want to pull you down because they're stuck. /soapbox

But yea, there are only two scenarios that account for god's actions concerning Adam/Eve and the rest of the human race in the time following (humoring for a second, that the shit's actually true, because luckily it's not). Either god is a. grossly incompetent to the point of punishing clearly faulty creations for his own mistakes or b. fucked us all over intentionally and is a malevolent being.

You really can't offer another scenario without being one of the self hating fuckheads I described above (Nu/Payback/Coup)
    test
  8. x calibur

x calibur

added another sentence about old testament laws, now I think it's complete.

word, it seems we're on the same page about this. Even if you take for granted that the Bible is literally true, there's tons of room for philosophical/moral criticism, on some ancient greek swag.

and I'd say there's 3 possibilities. Yah is either
    1. an idiot
    2. criminally insane
    3. a malevolent tyrant.

Satan seems like a far more reasonable being by comparison.
    test
  9. lyricalpriest

lyricalpriest Rap Games Dawson Creek

I believe the answer to your question is the fact that God has a very big plan for creation that we cannot see from our vantage point in space and time. He knew before He created anything, what would be the best way to get to His final desire, which is to provide a Bride for His Son. Just as any man wants a woman to marry him freely and out of love and commitment and support, the Lord Jesus wanted a Bride who chose Him freely. The only way to have a Bride who chose Him freely was to create people who could also choose freely to reject Him.

in the bible it speaks of a time for everything under the sun.. and i think it was turned into an oldy but goodies classic..

Ecclesiastes 3

A Time for Everything
    1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
    2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
    3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
    4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
    5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
    6 a time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
    7 a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
    8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.
    9 What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboreth?
    10 ¶ I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.
    11 He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.
    12 I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.
    13 And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labor, it is the gift of God.
    14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.
    15 That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

The Injustice of Life
    16 ¶ And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.
    17 I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.
    18 I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.
    19 For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.
    20 All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.
    21 Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?
    22 Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

how can we question god for being narcissist when it seems that same could be said if you analyze life from any perspective.. the universal evolution must be very narcissist as well as survival of the fittest is the core mantra..

Proverbs 3:5 says: To trust the Yah with all your heart and never lean on your own understandings......

Just b/c some one is hard wired with certain "impulses" or "sinful" natures doesn't make it okay.. We will answer for all our choices.. in life. this burden is equal for everyman and woman on earth, as it is for every thing in the galaxy from living to non-living. as you broaden the scope and familiarize your self with the truth it b/comes more and more clear. There are many path's that can lead a man to hell but only one that can lead them into the kingdom.. and that path is between YOU n Yah... "RELIGION" has implemented a lot of false doctrine b/c satan KNOWS if you can divide a kingdom they will become weak.. HE KNOWS HE's GOING TO LOSE, so he's tried #everythingunderthesun to distract us and blind us from our true potential....

the main theme.. is to just 'love'... 'one another', 'respect each others cultures and customs and beliefs' 'to not judge'... and 'to have faith' and exercise your faith.. frequently and you know what.. sometimes singing a little praise of thanks is so good for u mentally even lookin at it froma scientific view. the benifits it does to the mind is astonishin similar to meditation and prayer..

brothers i do not know the reasons to all the secrets of the universe but i know this. You live everyday.. YOU ONLY DIE ONCE!!!

until u come back in the next age...
    test
  10. x calibur

x calibur

interesting response, thanks.

I still stick by my views on those major issues, though.

also, those ecclesiastes verses were referenced in the full-length version of Rappers Delight.
    test
  11. lyricalpriest

yes! this is good.. explore your own idea's find your own truths.. FOR YOU HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH YOUR OWN PERSONAL MIND. respect your neighbor as you respect your self.. that is most important.. if you really respect your neighbor you might find your self knowing who his favorite football team is, favorite beer.. even favorite actress (as we man discuss such things) same goes for a more philosophical stance too.. I know my islam brothers eat halal.. and my jewish brothers eat kosher.. i can respect that and if i invite them over i can keep that in mind.. doesn't mean i have to eat their way but there is a TIME when i might.. doesn't hurt to have a slight understanding../tangent
    test
  12. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

but you dont think homosexuals should be able to get married?

with what you just wrote, youd think youd be fine with it
    test
  13. lyricalpriest

I hate it when people like to push envelopes for the sake of "i can say fuck u and the law will support me" it's not that i don't think gay people have a legit arguement as to why they are hardwired too be gay.. but for example..

what if the government made it Forbidden to teach religion in school.. and people protested against it. and they won.. wouldn't that alienate a lot of people?! same goes for forcing religious institutes to acknowledge two people as a man and a wife.. they are the same sex species.. it re-writes everything that society has built its self on just to be politically correct to a select group..

What happened to the land of the free and the home of the brave? This so-called greatest country in the world is turning itself into the land of the free-as-long-as-you-are-tolerant-of-the-things-we-choose and the home of the cry babies.

The biggest argument coming from this ever-growing group is that homosexuals do not receive the same rights as heterosexuals. But in reality, they do. A man who professes to be gay has the same right as a straight man: to marry a woman.

Homosexuals are fighting for so-called freedoms, but they already have actual freedoms, the very freedoms listed in the First Amendment of the Constitution of the United States of America, the very same freedoms that every American has, gay or not.

In short, what is happening to America is the downfall of equality and the rise of privilege. Not privilege for everyone, but for those who consider themselves oppressed. The so-called minorities are searching for an exclusive place in society, and the government is handing it over.

So much for equality– because what homosexuals and their agenda filled backers are really fighting for are “special” rights; those different from and above and beyond what anyone else has. Why should we change all of the rules for them?

They lobby for the particular privilege to marry the same sex – an entitlement no person has. It isn’t equal rights these people want – it’s an exclusive allowance they’re searching for.

Sorry guys…in my opinion, being associated with said immoral sexual activities by your own choice and of your own doing does not mean that you should get your own lane on the 405 fwy so-to-speak. You have to drive with everyone else who wants to use that freeway and follow the rules that have already been established as the best and safest for all involved. If you cause a ruckus, or spin your car out of control, you’re going to get run over… like you did on Nov 4th! (Like that analogy? I just came up with it on the fly…lol…)

dis⋅crim⋅i⋅na⋅tion

[di-skrim-uh-ney-shuhn]

treatment or consideration of, or making a distinction in favor of or against, a person or thing based on the group, class, or category to which that person or thing belongs rather than on individual merit: racial and religious intolerance and discrimination.
    test
  14. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

so then why do you single out homosexuals when theres many other groups who fall under the same criteria?

all or nothin right?
    test
  15. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

actually, no. you're completely full of shit. allowing gay marriage wouldn't give gay people any special rights. you'd have the same new found rights as they would... to marry a man.
    test
  16. lyricalpriest

:rio: i dnt want the right too marry a man..

fuck it then there shouldn't be a special name for men and woman, we should all look at eachother as eqauls.. no such thing as rich or poor lets make this utopian society work .. lets start w/ allowing ANYONE the right to marry ANYONE, and from there we can add ANYTHING as time goes by..

A society with out morals can not have personal liberty and freedom ..

Once established, liberty cannot be sustained without a just and moral society
    test
  17. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

nobody said we had to stop differentiating between man and woman, all they ask is that they can marry, it doesnt affect straight marriage in any way. Or your rights.
    test
  18. lyricalpriest

but it changes the definition..
    of MARRIAGE provided for the last few centuries...

i don't have qaurrel with them or there lifestyle.. but i don't like people changing shit to fit into there perfect little idea of what the world should be like..

when i close my eyes and imagine an all HOMOsexual world it repulses me, maybe im ignorant for that.. but when I open my eyes i realize that it doesn't effect me b/c i don't have to see it everyday..

but changing a word to appeal to a certain group changes the whole game.. anyone can be boyfriend and girlfriend.. but not everyone can be husband and wife..

once you make MARRIAGE as common as we are making it, then it takes away its sacred importance..

BUT i guess it isn't my business.. to complain..
    test
  19. reggie jax

reggie jax Well-Known Member

so you're saying that this new found right is useless to you cause you're straight? but earlier you said this:

but you also said this...

so based on your own arguments we can conclude that gay people are being excluded from a right enjoyed by other americans.
    test
  20. UnbrokeN

UnbrokeN Well-Known Member

Genesis...is true.

[​IMG]
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.