Assassin's Creed?

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by L u c y, Apr 5, 2013.

1. L u c y

L u c y (Administrator) SWERVE

just played 2 (PS3)

are they all like this? It was better than I thought it would be
    test
  2. HANNAHMONTANA

HANNAHMONTANA New Member

the further down you go with the chronology, the less the games become about centralizing on assassinations and they become more about comitting to the drama and story. by the time you go from assassins creed -> assassins creed 2 -> assassins creed brotherhood -> assassins creed revelations -> assassins creed 3, 3 feels like a faux-open world game like GTA or saint's row with assassinations as side missions.

#2 is great, though. maybe the new pirate one will be good too.
    test
  3. L u c y

I like the sound of that - thanks - open world>>
    test
  4. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

The one after 2, Brotherhood is the best in the series. After that, it starts to um...jump the shark a little bit. 3 is pretty good but you sort of lose your ability to assassinate people the way you want to by 3 and that kind of defeats the point. Definitely finish up 2 and get to Brotherhood!
    test
  5. Superman70

Superman70 edited

did you play the first?
    i tried it a year or 2 ago and didnt like it.

I was told it is the worst one, though.

I bought the ezio trilogy which has 2, brotherhood, and revelations.
    I may just skip the first one.
    test
  6. antilluminati

antilluminati Well-Known Member

I played 1, 2 and brotherhood. I did like 2 best.
    test
  7. BrooklynMade

BrooklynMade New Member

Michael fassbender will play the lead role, other than that the game is wack
    test
  8. L u c y

@Superman70 - no this was the first in the series, I just finished it today.
    @NightmareX - I knew there was one in the series that was generally thought of as the best, thanks

(Possibly THEEE worst ending in a game ever btw - pretty sure I had an actual stunned look on my face lol "is that it??")
    test
  9. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

starts out kinda hokey, but still fun, then gets awesomer and awesomer
    test
  10. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

lol well @Lucy if you thought that ending was bad, brace yourself. EVERY SINGLE AC GAME ENDS WITH SOMETHING RANDOM AND CRAZY HAPPENING. It's par for the course.
    test
  11. L u c y

@NightmareX - thanks for the warning! I thought it might have just been the fact that I'm pretty terrible for skipping through all the reh reh & might have missed the obvious, it sounds not..

I just didn't get it - no final boss, or even a confrontation? One quick stab & dun, smh
    test
  12. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

Played them all. can't describe each in any sort of detail though, just my lingering impressions, since it's been years and i played these as they came out, but i'll say the series overall has been worthwhile.

playing the first now would be a complete chore. it's repetitive and the mechanics are shit. the story is fucking convoluted and the ending was the worst i'd ever experienced in any medium....until ac2. somehow i liked it enough to get the second one though...Altiar> I guess.

though the ending to ac2 was -_- i was expecting it, and overall a huge improvement to the first. still repetitive and gameplay not quite there yet. jumping to my death from easy or seemingly obvious jumps made my eye twitch every once in a while.

brotherhood and revelations were great. new aspects to it were pointless and not fleshed out enough. the mansion/your town...it's progression throughout the game was not quite what i was hoping for. defending you strongholds...another great idea that was poorly executed)...sending out your assassins on missions, pointless. could have been awesome, but it wasn't at all developed and felt like a lazy addon. enjoyed ezio's story though.

3 was very good. gameplay was finally developed to my expectations. though everything else felt a bit bare bones. It was all about the story and that was just fine by me. I don't have the time to play a hundred irrelevant side missions.

I don't know about the whole pirates plot of the 4th, but it was the best/funnest part of ac3, so it might work. it's just gotten so far away from what it should have been that it's feeling less and less of an assassin's game. i want the fight with the templars to be over and settled with already. focus on minerva story and develop from there. this whole, Order nearly getting wiped out and coming back after every game is getting boring and hard to believe.
    test
  13. NightmareEx

NightmareEx The Beast

The main thing I believe AC4 needs to REALLY nail is getting back to unscripted, free form assassinations. As the series went on, your assassinations became relegated to cut scenes and RIDICULOUS chases (as seen in 3).

It really needs to get back to

- Find target
    - scout area/target/situation
    - assassinate the way you see fit

Also, anyone is going to be more interesting than Conner. Most boring assassin ever.
    test
  14. Envy

Envy Song Writer / Artist.

2 / Brotherhood >>>
    test
  15. PR STATUS GFU

PR STATUS GFU Under The Influence

you need to get yourself a xbox360 an throw away that psCRAP somewhere lol
    test
  16. DefKnotEmo

DefKnotEmo G.R.G.

I played the first one and really liked it. It felt repetitive at times, but the story was enjoyable to see it all the way through.
    test
  17. Acoustic101

Acoustic101 New Member

Pretty solid game, I don't usually like the style either.
    test