Assassin's Creed mini-review

Discussion in 'Game Zone' started by Wrectify1, Nov 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Ok, so I got Assassin's Creed in the mail today and I played it for about 2 hours. I've reached Synchronization Rank 1 so far. So how's the game?

Well...I think it's good so far....the combat is simple..but it is fun(for now). In terms of the A.I., it's quirky...but it doesn't cripple the gameplay too much. I've actually been getting attacked by two swordsmen at one time...they are effortless to take down...but still fun nonetheless. The storyline is nice. So far....the game is better than I thought it would be. I'll spend more time with it later when I actually get some time though. Oh yea, the graphics look pretty nice..I'm sure they'd look better on a HD TV. Hopefully the fighting etc doesn't get too repetitive though...it's seems like the fresh aura of the game might wear off eventually. Climbing is pretty sweet too..and easy.

I did want to mention one thing that was stupid about the A.I. though....I killed one of the town's swordmen with my bare fists... The dude had his sword drawn and I was just blasting him in the face..he fell to the ground...tumbled and moaned down the hill and died. It was hilarious. The towns people though, they forgot that I just killed a man after about 30 seconds. I also beat up some guy in a massive crowd...the crowd did nothing. Eh, that struck me as kinda weird..but whatever...this is an ok game so far.
    test
  2. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

Game is pretty sick to me...it does start off slow.....but once you get into some fights it picks up......i'm not far, i've only just started on the first "real" mission.....but i was starting random fights and fighting 6 on 1 i was getting my ass kicked......combat is dope as hell in my opinion......seems similiar to the original prince of persia (the old computer game and the remake) but deeper of course.....
    test
  3. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Finally people who have played it.
    Playing it and watching videos on it are two different things. The combat system isn't as easy as you would think by just looking at it. Some AI swings aggressively, some AI swings quickly and constantly, While other AI remain in a defensive pose (which if you swing at them they will block it) or counter you. If you really want to piss off the AI just start swinging at them all randomly without defending you'll get your ass kicked with the quickness. Though I wouldn't actually start doing that until you have the ability to counter thrusts and grabs. Once you have the counter ability it's like watching yourself play a fight scene in a movie. The hardest AI to fight in the game is the Knight templars they don't run away and they are very aggressive. I think it's The way they swing their swords it confuses my reaction time and they always end up wasting my ass. Now, As you progresses in the game the AI does become very aware of you. Then it gets even harder and getting around from place to place without your meter flashing red seems nearly impossible. Then You have to keep running constantly because pratically every soilder comes after you. I'm almost finished with the game I just assassinated my last mark.

I've tired to fight a guard with my bare fist I always get fucked up though. The thing I'm really good at is arcrobatics. I own at free running. And yes this game on HDTV is breathe taking. I really enjoyed The philosophy behind this game it was right up my ally. I'm still not sick of this game once you level up fully you'll understand why.
    test
  4. Cane

Cane New Member

oh for crying out loud get over it, you know damn well i never made any accusations, assumptions or predetermined conclusions you fuckin moron
    test
  5. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Menaz, do I have to complete the second tutorial part to progress in the game? You know, the part in the beginning where you can practice your fighting moves etc in the courtyard? This part is so damn stupid..,.it's annoying. No need for all these stupid tutorials WITHIN the game.
    test
  6. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

wrectify....i've never had to do those.....just when it takes you to it......press start to quit
    test
  7. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Where do you go from there though?...In the little GPS thingie...it doesn't give you any real direction.
    test
  8. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Noone was talking to you Mr. scare crow. Show me one place in this thread you were mentioned. I honestly don't care about you. Though just to fuck with you since I know you care what I think. I would say you're child develope got stuck somewhere between 15–18 Months and you've lived your whole life since then a predetermining retard.

You may exit it, so no you don't have to. However, You can if you want though.
    Dude, You are going to love the ending to this game. It gets a whole lot deeper.
    Also If you understand history/Symbology/numerology than AC will give you something to think about for a while after.
    test
  9. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

You go to your map by pressing select. Highlight where you want to go then follow it until you get there. You'll see little numbers on your GPS/MAP thing which will tell you how far away and how close you are to your target. It's really easy to figure out and i'm sure you have.

I think what you're talking about is the part where no direction is given.
    Now there is a part in the later progress of the game where no triangles indacate the look out points on your map. So what you need to do is look for the eagles above. Find one eagle move in its direction then climb the building its circling and go as high as it will allow you then use your egale vision. And your GPS/map thing will give you new directions.
    test
  10. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Sweet...thanks..I'll give it a go once I sit down and play again. Yea, the story is deep..I even like the part where they talk about Altiar being arrogant and putting his town at risk by bringing the enemy to his own soil and costing other people's lives. The game seems like it has an interesting story to tell. I like deep stuff. I do know a lot about history..but..probably not as much as I could know..we'll see.
    test
  11. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

The story will get much deeper and deeper. When you finish the game if you're confused after finishing it just make a thread and I will make sure you understand whats going on. I'm holding my tongue on the ending, Trust me the last part of the game gets really hard comabt wise. It even had me slipping in a few... fuck that cheap ass bullshit. How was the learning cruve for the controls? wasn't it simple like I said?
    test
  12. vinyl academics

vinyl academics vinyl academics

breakdown:

game is boring.......first 2-4 hours? great............next 16(took me 20)........so...repetitive...........the ideas were there.....the execution wasn't

pros: great open-world environment
    great presentation
    great graphics
    great animations

cons: boring as fuck
    ai is dumb as fuck
    combat is way too easy........way.........way way way way too easy

it was a struggle to finish the game...honestly

i played the first 10 then played uncharted....and the last 10 just didn't do it for me after playin that game
    test
  13. Wrectify1

Wrectify1 New Member

Oh yea, the controls are pretty easy to learn. It's basically a pick up and play game almost. They even tell you in the top right hand corner as to what basic buttons to push..but..after a while..it becomes second nature.

I ordered mass effect today too..hopefully I'll get some time to play all of these games. But yea, if I don't understand something..i'll just ask u. Thanks a lot.
    test
  14. Cane

Cane New Member

i don't need a formal invitation when i know you were referencing our discussion.

ironic. cut. take two. try typing that again, just this time, word it properly, and try not to sound like a dipshit.

action...
    test
  15. OurSin

OurSin lol @ equality

So far killed like 2 of the main bounties........it's cool...but i hate having to fucking ride that horse all the way to the next town, like wtf.....gets in the way of the action.....

second mission was harder than the first.....combat is dope when you got like 8 dudes against you.........

cool game......but it has alot of drawbacks.....seems like they ended up rushing some of the ideas, like the hiding spots just don't cut it for realism

it's like metal gear solid but metal gear has some real cheesy stuff in it to excuse some of the wierd gameplay elements...in this one they just seem out of place.....in the realistic setting

i guess the scifi kinda excuses some of it....

lot of dope shit, lot of flaws, all around good game though
    test
  16. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Here is the best part. Soon you'll be able to warp everywhere.

Only hiding spot I didn't get was sitting on a bench.
    test
  17. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Actually you do. Otherwise you're just obsessively net stalking. Our discussion?
    I seem to remember other people in that discussion as well. How come they
    aren't net stalking me? Did someone get offended? Oh and capitalize that "I" the next time you plan on using it at the beginning of a nonsensical sentence.

I forgot you're a moron so from here on out I'll be use basic words you can understand. I will also not make any humorous references about your retarded child develope. For some reason you just ooze jock to me. Do you really pause that much when you speak? Talking to you would be like talking to george bush. And For crying outloud capitalize those "T's" at the beginning of your cloddish sentences.
    test
  18. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

Cool @ mass effect. I still need to pick that game up.
    Got any questions don't hesitate to ask me.
    test
  19. Cane

Cane New Member

no, i won't thanks. i could care less. someone who clearly cannot speak like he's got more than a fourth grade education shouldn't be telling me ot fix my errors that are born of laziness and carelessness, while the ones you make aren't. and net stalking?

i don't need an invitation you dumbass, the played/watched video comment was about me. quit the net stalking shit, you're not fooling anyone. take a fucking poll bud. i owned you in the other topic and i'll own you even easier here, since you act out when you lose.

who do you think you're fooling? seriously. i'd like to know who is listening to this moron and taking him seriously?

you're embarrassing yourself.

do you pretend like others are stupid when they bitchslap you in arguments? because i certainly did ten times over, and the more angry you get i've noticed, the more you just call people names.

oh well, some people deal with their anger in weird ways. you, put on the "god" front and try to lord over people to boost the ego, after i obviously tore it down.
    test
  20. menaz

menaz Avant Garde

This coming from a faggot who can't spell the word "TO". You call it laziness I call it the fine work of a high school drop out. Captialize the "A" as well cocksucker.

I told you to capitalize the "I" at the beginning of your sentence. And while you're at it capitalize the "Q", the "T", and the other "I". You can't comprehend for shit, no wonder you flunked out of grade school. You owned me? Does this forum look like a transatlantic slave trade 400 years ago? I assure you noone owns me. Acting out? You mean like your doing right now by net stalking me? I ignored you because you're a fucking peon with a brain the size of a planters peanut. That arguement was not only redundant it was ad infinitum. Much like this dumb ass conversation we're having right now will be. Only I'm going to ignore you again, because I'm the smarter man, and not a mere child like yourself.

Just another example of you acting out.
    You are indeed the king of the retards.
    Capitalize the "W", the "S", and the "I", cunt!

I've never been bitch slapped ever. A bitch slap by definition would imply open handedly slapping me, that just isn't physically possible over the internet. A bitch slap used in the figurative sense also never happend. Do you suffer from delusions of grandeur? You came in this thread calling me names. Oh, the irony!

Capitalize the "D", and the"B", fucko!

It's not a front, You should be praying to me everynight.
    The only thing that was torn down was your own self-respect.
    After you capitalize the "O", and the "G", fuck off.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.