Ask me any pertinent questions

Discussion in 'The Sanctuary' started by M-theory, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Religious, moral, ethical, philosophical, personal values, motivational, etc.

Try to keep it narrow, I'm not sure I'm up for answering broad open ended questions. If I catch this, but it's still a potentially good question I might ask you for an example so I can at least give you something to work with.

No limit on the number of questions.

I'll do my best to answer them in a timely manner where possible.

You can respond to me however you want with follow up questions or arguments, and I will read all responses but I will stop short of arguing against any views you express. That's not the kind of thing I want to get out of this thread. Feel free to discuss topics among yourselves, but please remember what this thread is for. I won't stop you guys from commenting on one another's posts. But if a couple of you get too out of hand, I'm going to split it into a new thread. If anyone else makes a thread like this, they can have the same option - I'll be on standby and will respond to the request.

But yeah, questions. Go ahead.
    test
  2. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

per the diverse beliefs represented in the forum have any of ur previous firmament begin to form in any way an anyparticular direction.
    test
  3. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

when you were a christian, which denomination were you part of?
    test
  4. M-theory

M-theory Saint Esprit

Sorry for avoiding the thread guys, not a good way for me to start this.

Payback: I actually found your question quite difficult to answer at first, but being that it is the first question I want to answer it as validly as I can. Being here hasn't necessarily provided me with a whole new look, or had much of a direct impact. I'm realizing that sometimes I reason about things egocentrically, and even do so when things have little relevance to me in whether I accept things or don't accept them. It's amazing that I continually wish to have a self-centered view of the world. But I can be self-critical as well, thankfully. This is something I have to work on. It's something I want to change, as it would probably improve how I relate with and communicate with others. I guess one thing that I'm becoming aware of, if this answers your question, is that sometimes the best way to be more effective in getting my message across is to change my message altogether through understanding that my message isn't useful to myself as much as I'd like it to be for others.

If there was anything more specific you'd like for me to touch on, I may have missed the point so just rephrase it.

reggie: I never went to such great lengths as to identify myself with any particular denomination, but of the major branches I would have fell under Protestantism, my core ideals - as for what stuck - resembled Lutheranism rather than Calvinism or Arminianism. But I personally believed in practicing religion in autonomy, without being required to have any sort of dependency on churches as official institutions that just sort of act within the overall Church of Christ that is all believers of any stripe whatsoever.

I will try to take a deeper look into some of the denominations and maybe give a loose representation of how I would have stacked up against them. But for now I'll just leave it at that.
    test
  5. Carpe Noctem

Carpe Noctem Neos Helios

What the fuck is wrong with TheBigPayback
    test
  6. reggie_jax

reggie_jax rapper noyd

nah its probably my mistake for assuming you had a certain brand of christianity or were part of a particular church.
    test
  7. TheBigPayback

TheBigPayback God Particle

@mo - so ya sounds like some of the discussions have had an effect on you which is good, an it did answer the question @ Dex - what the hell u talking about? Whatd i say thats so outlandish
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.