ASK LUSH ONE ANYTHING official THREAD. I will anwer any question you have 100% honest

Discussion in 'Battle Video Archives' started by Lush One, Aug 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. whosaidjazz

whosaidjazz Member

First of all respect for answering all these questions. My question is about Bay music basically. I've been buying hip hop for years and a lot of the shit you say about classic albums I completely agree with, Pharcyde, Souls, Premier etc. I own hundreds if not a few thousand records and still DJ regularly over here in the UK.

With a very few exceptions I have completely slept on a lot of the music from the bay by people like E40, Mac Mall etc that you are always shouting out. If you had to recommend say 5 albums to listen to from those kind of guys what would you say? Can be more if you want, I just want to check out some stuff because it's not that I don't like it, I've just never really given it a chance.

Thanks.

p.s. that Ward 21 tune is big, I've been rocking that in every reggae set I've played recently
    test
  2. NiceWithTheCuts

NiceWithTheCuts Digger Extraordinaire

Respect. River city ransom was classic. Buyin sushi and fighting manuals, punching people off subway platforms >>>

But Starcade > nick arcade alllll day (as an old head obviously)
    test
  3. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

thats how I'll how always be..

much love playa
    test
  4. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

ill peep it fa sho G
    test
  5. ChopChoiceBeats

ChopChoiceBeats a.k.a ESKIMO SPLIF

Sup Lush!

Who is your favourite battler from outside of Grindtime?
    test
  6. The Real E.P

The Real E.P Member

First off just wanna say MUCH respect homie. I appreciate the shit you've done for battiling more than just about anyone else who has thrown events/elevated the art to where it's at/etc. Also, you make some dope music homie. Keep it up and good luck with all the big things it hopefully brings to you!

I know you said you'll still help out with events, host, etc. But the stuff you have done in the past couple of years, is there anything you would have done different? I know it might be the T-Rex issue but is there anything else that you just wish didn't happen or could have been different?

Also, you said you were a fan of Tool, and I'm a huge Tool fan. Just wanted to know what your fav. album was by them. And are you much of A Perfect Circle fan as well?

Last question is I also saw you said something about Dumb V. Con in a battle. I know that's just wishful thinking and I'm not expecting it to happen, but with Dumb's music career it seems like it's taking off and he has no interest in battiling. Do you think if a battle was right and you took care of it he actually would make a return?
    test
  7. gregrieke20

gregrieke20 Well-Known Member

Do you get as annoyed as I do when faggots on the bus/train play music outloud on their phones while you're trying to do sudoko? (hint: this annoys me a great deal)
    test
  8. Freebass

Freebass NAH NUDDAH

lol...........
    test
  9. nymphlow

nymphlow New Member

wasnt really anything to do with any hardcore oz hip hop heads and bitter/jealousy though... the battle was held in Brisbane, where Greeley had been living, the round times got changed from 60sec to 90sec after 60 had already got his shit written and ready but due to other commitments doubt he had time to write more shit but that said, he got up, spat 60sec rounds and I will still to this day stand by my voting for him that night... how i was the only judge that voted for him blows my mind but is what it is.

QUESTION:

this sort of relates back to the above, obviously off of that battle GrindTimeNow Aus. was born, and since its inception it has been extremely below par (any of you from GTNA reading this catching feelings you know how to get at me but im keeping it 100, fuck ya)
    my question is basically this:
    1) do you feel you left GTN in the right hands to be kicked off out here?
    2) do you feel based off the battles they have currently produced that there should be a GTN division here? or should be an entirely different group of people running it?
    3) was the decision to have them set up their own separate youtube channel because none of the GT CEO's took the division seriously?
    test
  10. ItsWhateverPGH

ItsWhateverPGH Steeler Nation

lush wats up bro much respect from pittsburgh
    ( actually battled a few times in MW division)

anyway if you can (i dunno if u have an agreement not to speak on it or whatever, i seen a few others ask)...what is the deal wit mr atla? i used to think to myself "y the fuck is this lame hostin these battles?" howd he get involved n wat was the fucked up shit he did to start messin everything up? (by the way i was never able to stand that guy)

much respect tho...i totally give u props for eatin off ur music...
    battlers who do not do music or r not concerned wit music is a big part of the saturation of the scene in my opinion
    and damn i need to get out to cali to check out the weed scene out there
    much props bro!
    test
  11. Higher Learning

Higher Learning Top Floor Gettin Brain

lmao @ i thought this only happened in chitown. how bout so loud u cant hear ur own headphones? fuck the headphones they jus play it str8 from the phone
    test
  12. Revanon FL

Revanon FL No excuses just execution

Why wasn't the Revanon vs. Rhetoric Ramirez video never shown?
    test
  13. gregrieke20

Its so fucking annoying/obnoxious...I mean, I love Gucci Mane as much as the next male, white, 20-something, but dammit I'm gonna listen to him on my own time; over a nice pecan encrusted tilapia dinner, with asparagus and a mango salsa, paired with a fine white wine.
    test
  14. Str8 Ghostin

Str8 Ghostin New Member

Are you gonna put the eagle to Hollow's chest like a Birdgang chain?
    test
  15. gregrieke20

I suppose I'll never know.
    test
  16. proteam40

proteam40 god speed, centipede

Honestly, who doesn't get annoyed by that?
    test
  17. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

you mean again?

hahhahah

never never never never..

I will never be a slave to the industry or anything of that nature.. my deepest desires for success will never supersede for mental (3rd eye) clarity and purity of spirit..

WE WILL NEVER FALL THE FUCK OFF, WE PROMISE
    test
  18. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

LETS MAKE IT HAPPEN my G!!!
    test
  19. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

it was a joke battle and not even real.. well, it did really happen.. i really hosted it and ars and diz did make fun of con and illmac..

it will be droppin soon but dont get all hyped ahhaha
    test
  20. Lush One

Lush One MR. CALIFORNIA

definitely over 5 racks..
    hes the homie now tho and that event is what brought us together..
    dude is a HUGE fan of Grind Time and battles...
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.