As much as I loved ECW...

Discussion in 'Smack Down!' started by Kid Blackie, Jul 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaAlmightyDolla

DaAlmightyDolla Greatness

Greater in numbers or quality?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    test
  2. Diasick

Diasick this guy

whats up with the ROH banwagon, its not even that good no more

the show they did on the 22nd in the davis arena was pretty solid tho
    test
  3. Kid Blackie

Kid Blackie to your Jess Willard

no, definitely not. ECW HeatWave 98 >

First one night stand was pretty good, second was pretty bad.

[youtube]ootDpG_OiB4[/youtube]

I'd still watch wrestling if it was nearly as cool.
    test
  4. Kid Blackie

New Jack had the greatest theme in the history of themes. Actually made people enjoy seeing him despite him being shitty.

[youtube]fNBd9S4J9a4[/youtube]
    test
  5. Kid Blackie

Annoying purist types go on and on about how ECW was a wild west type setup full of smoke and mirror talent and spotfests.

Yeah, duh.

ECW was ironically wrestling adapting to the media that was afraid to air it. People want exciting matches, not slow, lumbering giants employing old school psychology. Nobody gives a FUCK about Ric Flair matches before or after the chops, so ECW skipped everything but the chops.
    test
  6. Diasick

Diasick this guy

ECW wasn't really big untill the invasion TBH or atleast untill the wwe feud first started, i don't think a traditional wrestling fan would even knew what ECW was, because the to main brands was WCW and WWE, and the net wasn't to popular with wrestling crouds back then, so the only way to find out about ECW if they watched it on a friday night.
    test
  7. Kid Blackie

ECW had a cult following. That's it. Fans were won by live shows, the occasional show in the am hours, and tape trading. I personally learned about it via wrestling mags hyping it up, and found tape afterwards.

It just amazes me that people look at it all wrong so many years later. It was all smoke and mirrors, we know that, fucking Paul Heyman takes pride in that fact. Whenever Heyman discusses quality, he points at guys like Guerrero, Benoit, etc. These were guys who were both athletic and fun to watch.

But you don't have to be athletic to have good matches. Look at Hogan. Guy has whipped up miracles several times in his career, and that's without barbed wire and beer.
    test
  8. Diasick

Diasick this guy

i think if it wasn't for fans hogan would of been nothing more than another bobby lashley
    test
  9. Kid Blackie

If it wasn't for fans wrestling would've been the xfl.

stop typing before you think.
    test
  10. DaAlmightyDolla

kill urself

when ecw niggas showed up on raw the ppl knew who they were....

if god was a woman and she was raped by Satan and they had a baby.then that baby would become a wrestling fan and possess Heyman and create ecw.
    he would then leave that mortals body and watch the mayhem from the balcony drinking beers and shouting "show ur tits"
    test
  11. Diasick

Diasick this guy

only because of WWE, ECW had the attention of WWE thats how they got to be known by the traditional wrestling audience, you think they would of let ECW in the building unless they was billed for that? ECW was next to nothing before the whole WWE shit, its like rappers of sorts, once there dead they "are suddenly big" its a wrestling business, hardcore wrestling fans don't buy, they complain, thats why its targeted to the traditional wrestling audience, and the traditinal wrestling audience didn't know about ECW untill they showed up in WWE discussions, why do you think ECW didn't monetize there product? even if they did it wasn't directly, and only through PPV sells.

TNA is in the same boat right now, there not known until there brought up in WWE discussions, so trying to beat WWE was a bad move on there part, because they need them more than they think, most of the fans where referred to from WWE "word of mouth", plus having those names being associated with WWE helped them a bit to.

companies don't become noticed until they step on vinces radar and until people realize this there shit is going to fail.
    test
  12. N A S T Y

N A S T Y Well-Known Member

Gut your level of stupidity has reached a new high.... Jesus Christ
    test
  13. Diasick

Diasick this guy

ok, if you say that the traditional wrestling fan knew about ECW before the feud started ill kiss your ass, I had to explain to plenty of my friends what ECW even was, and they certainly wasn't new to watching wrestling.

The to main brands was WCW and WWE, and a good percentage of the traditional wrestling fan didn't even know what WCW was, (that is the traditional "WWF" fan) it wasn't up until that ECW targeted WWF audience that they become known above the hardcore audience, the wrestling websites didn't even mention ECW hardly, before the feud with WWE..

and I can count atleast 100 guys that honestly told me that ECW was garbage back in the day, but now that its not here no more, there quick to hop on the ECW was great banwagon, ECW was a mediocre wrestling company, nothing more, but thats what made them, it was there cheap, and mediocre atmosphere.

Balls Mahoney, and guys like that didn't scream "big leagues".
    test
  14. DaAlmightyDolla

so u went from traditional fan to now the traditional wwe fan. which is it? cuz the traditional fan isnt influenced by just 1 promotion. i watched wwe and wcw and i found ecw channel surfing like most of my friends. we didnt get put on by the wwe.

how old r u and ur friends that it took wwe for u to find out about ecw?

u sound like a mark right now.

balls mahoney wasnt big leagues but half the wwe roster shouldnt be big leagues...
    wtf is a zack ryder
    test
  15. N A S T Y

I grew up watching wwe and wcw
    CASUAL fans didn't know about ecw
    WRESTLING fans did
    ECW was in magazines and on the Internet
    The only reason the people you know didn't know about it is because they are WWE fans not wrestling fans
    it's like UFC fans who don't know who Fedor is.... just because you didn't know it was there it doesn't mean nobody knew
    test
  16. Kid Blackie

WWF at the time was having Raw shows in front of smaller audiences. When you have smaller audiences, it's easier for the crowd to get on the same page and get vocal. So what happened was when they went to philly or anywhere near philly, there were groups of ECW fans that were either there to watch Raw, try to start shit, or both.

So Vince, not doing the greatest business at the time, thought "what the hell, I'm on okay terms with Paul Heyman, let's see if we can do something when we're in the area next time."

It was a way to do something different, and to get ECW diehards off his back when he came to their backyard.

on a related note to what I mentioned earlier, ECW could not have survived large arenas imo. When they had WWECW in the early stages, the small house crowds were as vocal as they ever were in the old ECW days. And these were a mixture of ECW fans chanting and WWE fans wanting in on the fun.
    test
  17. Diasick

Diasick this guy

the traditional WWF fan, doesn't concern there self with unknown promotions like ECW, even if they concerned their self with WCW, I don't know why everyone acting like ECW was anything above mediocre because they wasn't. you can't sell shit to the hardcore wrestling fan, or the die-hard wrestling fan, because all die-hard wrestling fans do nowadays is complain because wrestling "aint like it used to be" and the die hard wrestling fans complained back then to, and obviously I was talking about the traditional WWF fan, because ECW was heavily targeting that audience in the end, and the traditional WWF fan was appauled by ECW, and is now on the it was great banwagon
    test
  18. Kid Blackie

Heyman was incapable of taming his product.

Guy is a punk rock iconoclast type when he's on.
    test
  19. N A S T Y

smmfhatacwniawhta
    test
  20. E. Fate

E. Fate aka Koffee Blakk

both of those fuckers can barely move these days. Fuck that.
    test
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.