Art Thread. Post your work here...

Discussion in 'Lipstick Gallery' started by MissAndrya, Aug 28, 2012.

1. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Ty...had an "orange, red" phase for the longest...
    test
  2. BangBang1

BangBang1 Bang Bang Hoody Gang

the last one is pretty dope, the emotion display is raw as well.

here some other shit I done a while back

[​IMG]
    EHh was going thru a dark phase
    [​IMG]
    Jay z ahahaha
    [​IMG]
    ^portrait of my ex
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  3. BangBang1

BangBang1 Bang Bang Hoody Gang

too bad I can't see any of @MissAndrya pictures.
    test
  4. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Not at all, always been keen on opinion making and constructive criticism.

Due to work I've done mostly blueprints of various buildings and roads, but wanted to try painting with acrylic polymer emulsions as well in my spare time - because I've yet to fully conquer learning how to use those properly. I'll start with doing a pencil croquis of something that'll catch my attention at the time and then go over it with brushes..
    test
  5. MissBreezy

MissBreezy The God Pestilence

Really??

Maybe because I no longer use that account, I use this one now.

@GaLaTeA Were the others disabled??

Not a problem to repost if so :)
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  6. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

Might as well join the party...
    [​IMG]
    • +Rep +Rep x 2
    test
  7. MissBreezy

Seeing some amazing work here.

Keep it up!
    test
  8. GaLaTeA

GaLaTeA GymArt

Not sure why they're not showing up - seems as if the links have been broken?

Please no shooting - repost por favor. :scared:
    test
  9. MissBreezy

test
  10. Pyronoa Zoro

Pyronoa Zoro Demon Cutter

why the sarcasm? pretty sure you've seen everything i've ever posted.

here, print it out and hang it on your wall.

[​IMG]

That's too much work. I'd have to go by feel or as i go along. trial and error, memorize, then fix.

the one time i tried to see what i could do with some crayola coloring pencils. black was the only one that came out how i wanted. yeah the arm is huge, it was a quick sketch for the purpose of testing out the colored pencils. i was not pleased.

[​IMG]
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  11. Pyronoa Zoro

it would make a good tat.

impressive. but then the more i look at it the more i start to see the defects/parts that didn't come out right.

mainly the clouds. you could use some work on those. check youtube for tips on that. the parts on the left side of the house look off. the roof smears into the hill behind it. and the lump of green in between the fence and house...not sure what that's supposed to be, but it's too big. overall, still a very good piece...i really like the fence. good detail.
    test
  12. Pyronoa Zoro

Also, not to deter you from trying.

but drawing/painting/sketching/etc. is not something you can learn to do. it's something you can only get better at if you already have the skill and talent.
    test
  13. Superman70

Superman70 edited

reading just the opposite of that is what made me want to try learning it.

and why dont you post more of your work?
    test
  14. Pyronoa Zoro

Where did you read such nonsense?
    test
  15. SiegeSupreme

SiegeSupreme Well-Known Member

Nah I dont agree with that bro. I'd say something like graffitti already takes a certain talent or creativity, but imo everyone can learn to draw and paint. I use to be pretty bad too and I'm still getting better.

@Superman70 just practice drawing what you see. Try to look at everything as a combination of lines and shapes. Painting is a little harder to do but that can be learned too
    test
  16. Superman70

Superman70 edited

well i've heard it from someone who does graphic stuff for a living, and many other people seem to agree.

http://cghub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9921
    http://www.squidoo.com/how-to-draw-learn
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...stery-people-good-drawing-arent-revealed.html
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/25/drawing-ability-psychology_n_1451748.html
    http://drawntocreativity.blogspot.com/2012/02/can-anyone-learn-to-draw.html
    http://teachers.net/gazette/FEB09/newlin/

i'm going to give it a few months at least and see how it goes - i don't expect to be creating masterpieces, and i definitely cant get any worse.
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  17. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i mean i guess it might be easy for some people who already had a natural talent for it to say that anyone can do it - not understanding that everyone isn't like them.

But i'm sure at least some of the people saying that anyone can learn are people who started out horrible and got better at it.

basically i've read that it's more about perception than anything else, as Siege is saying. And perceptions can be changed.
    • +Rep +Rep x 1
    test
  18. Sir Bustalot

Sir Bustalot I am Jesus

you can learn to draw just like you can learn to ride a bike...Ive been in 2 different art colleges and ive seen it happen.

just like everyone can learn to ride a bike.
    now once you know how to ride that bike, some are naturals and can do tricks and flips and extreme shit, and some people just ride bikes...

drawing is a learned skill. Someone who cant can learn how if they try to. Any artschool will be testament to that. I dont know how many people ive seen who could draw shit and sucked and now can pull of some decent shit. I agree some are naturals. Theres naturals at everything. But i 100% think anyone can learn how to draw if they wanted too. Its not all willy nilly and random. When learning to draw from schools or art teachers they will teach you a process. The process helps people who have no ability, it helps the people that do as well, but for them some things they already can do and dont need to actually follow the steps consciously

and you say some people are naturally creative, or have that perception.... thats fine and true. But there is all types of drawing and you cant compare your plant or fruit drawing to someones concept character they came up with.... You both can draw... Or graffiti, anyone can learn how to draw graf letters. I agree that some are way better than others and take it to the next level. But anyone can learn it. Doesnt mean youll make epic pieces, but you sure as hell can learn how to do graf lettering...

there is steps to everything. Drawing in perspective, 1 pt, 2 pt, 3 pt, 4 pt....all have a process that anyone can learn.

chiaroscuro or shading has a process... anyone can learn

lifedrawing has a process--anyone can learn

drawing fabric has a process and anyone can learn.

etc etc....
    test
  19. Pyronoa Zoro

That's a nice sentiment. False, but nice.

If anything, anyone can do graffiti. It's downright the simplest form of art. No skill or talent required. literally anyone can do it. It is only the one's with innate artistic skill and ability that can develop their talent to create truly awe inspiring pieces. NOT everyone can learn to do that no matter how hard they try and practice. Those that 'learn to draw' will always hit a level which they simply cannot surpass, because they don't have the required talent to do so. (this very thread proving that fact)

The same applies to the other forms(pencils, paint, chalk, etc). You can improve your perception of reality or learn all the processes of the world. If you've no innate skill/talent/ability for it, you'll never be able to grow/develop/evolve past a certain point....that holds true for anything, not just art.

I even see this notion that anyone can learn to draw( and well, because that is the point) as an insult. belittling the visual arts.

basically...you either know how to draw or you don't. If you do, the sky is the limit(as far as your motivation, passion and creativity will take you). if you don't, just learning how to, will be your limit.

probably a bit harsh, but that's how it is.

Let me see where you are at now. post something you've drawn or draw something and post it.

it's rather irresponsible of these two and those articles to lead you to believe that you can do something you can't possibly do with a bit of wishful thinking and practice.

I hope you actually go through with this. I'm sure if you do, you'll improve. but i'm equally sure that you'll only be able to improve to a certain point and not be able to go any further(if you're truly as talentless as you claim to be).
    test
  20. Superman70

Superman70 edited

i cant draw anything but stick figures and triangles now.

i think dedication, determination, and the environment you were raised in matter more than any innate talent, if such a thing exists.

i think anyone can learn to be great at writing, playing an instrument, dancing - so it's kind of hard for me to see why drawing should be so different.
    test